MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

Photos of children NOT allowed!

Photos of children NOT allowed! - Forums [Biker Match] Photos of children NOT allowed! - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

Photos of children NOT allowed!

Please remember that photos of children are NOT allowed on BikerMatch if the child(ren) are/is on their own. Photos of YOU with your own children may be uploaded, as by uploading the photo you are agreeing for it to be public. You must NEVER upload photos of children which are not your own children or do not have you on the photo with them. This goes for event photos as well as profile photos. PLEASE READ THE PHOTO RULES! I can't say this enough! http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/misc/rules.asp#photos Thanks

Update Reply
Matt @ 26/07/2010 12:07  

Boss Man does that include any children at events whose parent (s) have given verbal permission for the pics to be taken?

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 26/07/2010 12:40  

yes indeed it does. What if the parent sues me for hosting photos of their children? What's my defense? That they said something to someone at an event. Absolutely not, no photos of children unless they're your own kids and are on a photo WITH you

Update Reply
Matt @ 26/07/2010 13:38  

There were a couple of BM members who took their lads to Matlock yesterday and posed with their schildren for a couple of pics ... I have removed them off the events pics, but if the dads want the pics, PM me :) Thanx

Update Reply
rockchick123 @ 26/07/2010 13:56  

Ok fair play Boss Man just thought i shud clarify as Alex said there were a couple of kids at Matlock and i knew there were pics :)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 26/07/2010 14:10  

There was a case in Greece which went on for years relating to photographing a child. It ended up in the European Court of Human Rights and the parents eventually won.

I've just found the press statement and this is the most relevant part:
The Court observed that, since he was a minor, Anastasios’s right to protection of his image had been in the hands of his parents. Their consent had not been sought at any point, not even with regard to the keeping of the negatives, to which they objected. The Court noted that the negatives could have been used at a later date against the wishes of those concerned.

So as far as the court was concerned just taking a photo of a child without the parents permission was a violation of his human rights, never mind that no attempt was made to publish the photos. European laws are not always strictly enforced here, but it's worth bearing in mind when you're snapping away.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 26/07/2010 14:52  

Well as with alex pics of yam and nitros sons were tKwn by me with their dads. If either of you want the pic let me know

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 26/07/2010 14:57  

I hate all this political correctness surrounding kids ........... yes i know its for there own good but they miss out on so much more because of it ................. you have to be CRB checked now to give your mates kids a lift to school !!!!!!!!!

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 26/07/2010 15:15  

Somebody was telling me recently that teachers aren't allowed to put a plaster on a child any more, they have to give it to the child and make them put it on themselves. I'm all in favour of laws to protect kids, but I think it's all gone way too far.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 26/07/2010 15:33  

Thats true Gary my niece is a nursery nurse 6 weeks old to 4 yars old she looks after and if they fall over or hurt themselves you cant give them a hug or anything to calm them down

and whats even weirder is baa baablack sheep is now baa baa rainbow sheep lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 26/07/2010 15:38  

GB this is all to do with allergic reactions, if you put it on then you are responsible for any reaction they may have to the plaster, that is why first aiders now ask everyone (or should) if they are allergic to plasters - were is the world going?

Update Reply
Doh Boy @ 26/07/2010 15:41  

Another thing is ... remember the nit nurse ... kept 'things' at bay in schools ... the schools have to call them in now and they arent allowed to tell a childs parent if they have them ... they class it as 'child abuse' ... I kid you not! Kids should be protected, but not to the point that everyone is so careful that kids are missing out an simple basics .. such as PLASTER TO COVER A CUT, OR A HUG WHEN THEY ARE CRYING ... what kind of country have we become! If a lot more of asbo kids had that care nd attention ... they may not have been asbo kids .... ...not saying this would be the case ... every case ... but def food for thought.

Update Reply
rockchick123 @ 26/07/2010 15:46  

For the record, I'm totally against all this PC nonsense. I know full well that the parents of the kids on the photos posted in the past 24 hours probably are fine with it... but for me to log all the information necessary, have paperwork signed, etc etc is just far to much work simply to have a couple of photos of kids. We should take the country back to how it used to be. Get rid of this American BS!

Update Reply
Matt @ 26/07/2010 16:40  

Hear Hear Sir ... Are you leading the revolution ;)

Update Reply
rockchick123 @ 26/07/2010 16:55  

Hi Guys,

All this fuss about kids pics, which i totally agree with u Matt.

What about the times when u were kids and u went on holiday and when u came home there was pics in the local paper when u got back, well i dont know about u lot but i use to get a slap off my mum for not being in the paper.

Just goes to show how times have change...

Keep up the good work Matt....

Update Reply
UKHarleyRider @ 26/07/2010 18:03  

Think its about time we kicked the governments ass and put all this political bulls--t in the bin where it belongs. after all thay work for US we dont work for them

Update Reply
JP @ 26/07/2010 18:09  

i worked with children for a short while after being police checked and i wouldnt do it again as the regulations and restrictions made the job an absolute nightmare and you were forever worryed youd do something that somebody would object to,, its so sad that yes even when the child comes to give you a hug out of happiness at seeing you or to say thank you you know you shouldnt hug back its horrible,,.

Update Reply
Boodyblues @ 26/07/2010 18:24  

I say we do what JP says lets all storm the houses of parliment ....

Update Reply
UKHarleyRider @ 26/07/2010 18:32  

I registered as a childminder and one of my first statements to parents was to say that if they expected me not to give their child a cuddle when he/she was upset, or not to bathe them if they fell in a puddle or had a filthy nappy, then they'd come to the wrong woman. It's all got way out of hand but I'll admit I would be the first one complaining if I thought a teacher was getting a little "too" friendly with any of my girls.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 26/07/2010 19:16  

when does it become too much and makes you say something? My mum fosters and adopts young girls who have been through terrible ordeals, often with male members of the family. Really young girls, like 4 years old. As a man in the house when I visit at Christmas, I'm not allowed to be too close to the girls, play fighting or cuddling etc. You might think it's OTT, but when you know their background you understand why. But the kids still need to learn that not ALL men are BAD men!

Update Reply
Matt @ 26/07/2010 19:42  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email