MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Recomend a book

Recomend a book (3) - Forums [Biker Match] Recomend a book (3) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Recomend a book

Barry.. the story of a motorcycling ledgend by Steve parish & Nick harris. Race to Dakar... Charlie Boorman Longway Down..Charlie Boorman & Ewan Mcgregor Longway round..Charlie Booorman & Ewan Mcgregor Barry is amust read for Sheene fans.

Update Reply
retrofan @ 30/07/2010 22:44  

OOR WULLIE -the scottish sunday post

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/07/2010 23:32  

Try n get a hold of the dirty one where oor wullie trys to s;;g daphney broon ...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/07/2010 23:34  

the scrapyard monster by liz anelli its 4 kids really not sure who liked readin it most ha ha

Update Reply
Scrapyard monster @ 01/08/2010 16:57  

Before & After - Matthew Thomas

its rather funny and has exploding sheep :p

Update Reply
ScarletKiss @ 01/08/2010 17:00  

Before & After - Matthew Thomas

its rather funny and has exploding sheep :p

Update Reply
ScarletKiss @ 01/08/2010 17:00  

not sure who the author is,,but a great book for small kids ,, IF YOU GIVE A MOUSE A COOKIE. brilliant the grownups will love it too.

Update Reply
Boodyblues @ 01/08/2010 18:56  

I like the Foundation series by Issac Assimov a series about mans exploration and colonisation of the universe and his quest for knowledge (sci fi) I know sounds boring but they are just soo well written I couldn't put them down and I don't like reading and the 3 Waylander books by David Gemmel again well written with well rounded believable anti-hero lead character (fantasy)

Update Reply
Fenrir @ 01/08/2010 20:53  

Well Pilgrims, as regards travel books, Jupiters Travels, by Ted Simon. THE definitive spiritual travel book, by a guy who set off around the World with a 500 Triumph Tiger, some gear and sod all else, took four years to do it as well. A book you read, then re-read, again and again. Every time you do so, deeper meanings of life emerge, truly, an all time must read for any real bikers. There are loads of books out there now, mostly written by t*ts jumping on the bandwagon, I've read them all, now in the recycling box awaiting the trash truck.... I can't recommend Long way Down either, I spoke to a guy who's mate was on the BMW support team 'Circus' - trucks, four by fours, film crews, sound technicians, directors..... etc etc... that followed out of camera shot behind them all the way, and who used to go through the bikes every night to fix the faults, mostly electric apparently, that plagued them, and to make sure the 'back up' bikes were always ready.... you catch my drift here?......

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/08/2010 11:42  

(quote dogonmyarm tragic true life get me too.) BEFORE I SAY GOODBYE RUTH PICARDIE ISBN 0-140-27630-0

Update Reply
clarissa @ 05/08/2010 14:55  

The Reapers - John Connolly! Great read!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/08/2010 07:37  

Shantaram by Gregory David Roberts. Won't be able to put it down.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/08/2010 22:27  

I'm feeling intimated by the highbrow recommendations. As quite a large proportion of the profiles included computers and IT I was going to suggest the Laundry Series by Charles Stross.

Update Reply
ItsMrToYouSonny @ 08/08/2010 01:00  

do andriods dream of electric sheep? phillips k. dick

great sci fi, even after 42 years!

Update Reply
kendress @ 08/08/2010 02:38  

mr commitment mike gayle

the real truthes about living together, both very funny and very painfully accurate.

Update Reply
kendress @ 10/08/2010 01:04  

For One more Day - Mitch Albom (Deep!!)

Update Reply
suzed2805 @ 10/08/2010 07:43  

"The Life of Pi" by Yann Martel

A young fellow is marooned on a life-raft with a bengal tiger ....

He won at least one very prestigious award for it.

It's a good read

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 10/08/2010 08:30  

The Celestine Prophecy by James Redfield spiritual adventure based in peru, has been known to change peoples lives, for the better, read the book before watching the movie. The Crystal Skull by Manda Scott Scott is a crime writer, this is based on facts from mayan prophecies, bit of mysticism, history, murder ...i couldnt put this down.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 10/08/2010 09:49  

The Business - Martina Cole

Not my usual kind of book but i picked it up today at work cos i was bored witless and its actually kind of good for a violence filled gangland thingy lol x

Update Reply
suzed2805 @ 10/08/2010 22:37  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email