MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

tax disk

tax disk - Forums [Biker Match] tax disk - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

tax disk

hiya all anyone whos not got time to get to post office should get there tax disk on line ive done it for my bike, ordered mine on monday night and its came today, i think thats better than standing in a queue dont u xx

Update Reply
yamashirlz @ 01/07/2010 21:17  

every time

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 01/07/2010 21:18  

I've been doing it for a couple of years now. 

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 01/07/2010 21:21  

ye well id nearly forgot to get mine and deceide to give it a try lol safe carrying all my paperwork too dont it lol will defo be doing it all time from now on xx

Update Reply
yamashirlz @ 01/07/2010 21:23  

I've been told you can still ride your bike even if your Tax disc arrives late. Because you are registered on the DVLA data base.

Update Reply
PaulXXX @ 01/07/2010 21:46  

lol dont no about that one dont no if i would chance it x

Update Reply
yamashirlz @ 01/07/2010 21:53  

Well the ANPR system is going to show you as taxed, so you're not going to get pulled for it. But I'm pretty sure the law says you need to display the disk, so I wouldn't like to risk it either unless I really had to.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 01/07/2010 22:32  

erm i rode up to free camp after i registerd it four days late but it was back taxed so i rode it any way

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 01/07/2010 22:40  

Just been on DVLA website and copied this about Tax Disc.

I have not received the tax disc. Can I use the vehicle without the tax disc displayed?

When you apply for a tax disc online or by using our phone service you are able to legally continue to drive your vehicle for up to 5 days after the tax disc has expired while you wait for the new tax disc to arrive. This will only apply when you have applied for a new tax disc before the current one expires. You should continue to display the expired disc on your vehicle, until the new one arrives.

Update Reply
PaulXXX @ 01/07/2010 22:58  

I had an accident in April on my bike ..... I had renewed my disc but hadn't changed it new one expires end of this month .....explained to th police at scene that I have it just not got new one on bike they were cool about it though..... Don't know if it would of been the case though if i had just been pulled over

Update Reply
jabecs @ 02/07/2010 00:50  

Not put the tax disc on my bike for 4 years just have it in my pocket if I remember

Update Reply
JP @ 02/07/2010 05:48  

I prefer to go to the local PO and collect it, it gives them work and keeps your local PO open, this is another reason they are all closing down, plus we all know what the postal service can be like. Everyone to there own.

Update Reply
Doh Boy @ 02/07/2010 07:28  

Print out the online reciept & carry it with you, if there's a lapse between the old disc expiring & the new one arriving.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/07/2010 08:04  

I am lucky enough to have a PO a couple of miles away from me that never seems to have much of a queue (is this one for the chop as well?) I too like the personal on the spot service and human contact. What with, 'holes in the wall', online shopping and self 'serve and pay' supermarkets, younger people could lose the ability of 'stranger interaction' leading to individual isolation for some and an inability to interract for some others. Worse case scenario I know but it's already leading to people not wanting to get involved in 'interferring' with blatant bullying or cruelty on the streets or stopping for bikers broke down on the road to see if they require help etc. I'ts probably inevitable that nearly all business will be done online eventually, it saves time, energy and money, also no-one is ever to blame! 'Sorry it was a computer malfunction'

Update Reply
Rattay @ 02/07/2010 12:45  

i dont have a credit or debit card so i cant do this so its PO for me every time

Update Reply
missvondarkness @ 02/07/2010 13:32  

I agree it's important to keep POs opened and that interaction is better than a faceless screen, but I resent having to queue for 15 minutes (on a good day) and barely getting a hello or a smile when it's my turn....

Update Reply
brigadoon @ 02/07/2010 19:03  

we only have one post office where i live and theres always mega queues so i only go when need to dont wanna spend my day off in there,plus i never had the time anyway with working double shifts at work , like i say each to there own ....

Update Reply
yamashirlz @ 02/07/2010 22:06  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email