MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Classifieds & Swap Shop

Motorcycle textiles for 11/12 yr old girl

Motorcycle textiles for 11/12 yr old girl - Forums [Biker Match] Motorcycle textiles for 11/12 yr old girl - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Classifieds & Swap Shop /

Motorcycle textiles for 11/12 yr old girl

Hi, am looking for textiles for my girl so she can become a pillion on my CB500. She can't wait to get started so any help would be greatly appreciated by us both :)

Update Reply
jesselou @ 29/06/2010 22:53  

Hi there, what size is she? I have a two piece Aerostich suit in pretty good condition that I bought for my son when he was 13 (he was/still is) short for his age. Regards, Ian

Update Reply
shooter @ 29/08/2010 00:51  

jesselou,

Just a quick tip. If you can't try them on cos you're buying them on line then take as many measurements as you can ie waist, inside leg etc cos i've bought two pairs for my son that don't fit. Each manufacturer has a totally different idea when it comes to S,M,L,XL etc. I've just bought a pair of skintan leathers in size 10-12 year old and they're too small for my 7 year old!

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 29/08/2010 14:48  

size 10-12 year old and they're too small for my 7 year old! You'll have to stop feeding him weetabix Terry lol

Update Reply
Sandi @ 29/08/2010 17:29  

Suggest try the local bike shops Hein Gerrick etc, pity you live that far away the BMF tail ender is bound to have some stuff that would fit but it's Lincolnshire Showground quite a trip out lol.

Update Reply
Hull750Rider @ 29/08/2010 22:08  

There's a lot of good quality women's riding kit to be had on eBay. I managed to fit my daughter out last year fairly inexpensively, when she was 12 - looks like a lot of wives/girlfriends/daughters have been persuaded to go pilly, got themselves kitted out and then decided they don't like it after all, and decide to sell up.
Jen, on the other had, asked to go pilly and she's stuck with it
Best buy yet has been a ladies' Furygan jacket, leather rather than textile, for under a tenner including postage.
Only snag seems to be that you might have to look harder for anythingsmaller than a size 8.

Update Reply
Wills @ 29/08/2010 22:21  

A bike shop we used to have, here in Huddersfield, sold second hand bike clothes as well as new, I wonder if other bike shops do that? Would be good if they did. Frank Thomas is known for a better fit for women, don't know if they do kids stuff tho.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 29/08/2010 22:28  

was it pink wills lol

Update Reply
madhat @ 23/09/2010 18:45  

There was an online store mentioned in Ride magazine recently, I'm damned if I can remember the name. However they would part-ex clothes you had bought there for new kit as your kids grow...

Update Reply
Say_Ten @ 23/09/2010 18:59  

Same as Wills, got my two girls (12 and 13) kitted out in leathers off Ebay and all I did was bought around a ladies size 12 so they had room underneath for clothes. Helmets etc. are quite cheap from places like Ghost Bikes on there too.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/09/2010 19:05  

Thanks all, my daughter has got a size 8 leather jacket buth her trousers are too small now. will look about x

Update Reply
jesselou @ 18/10/2010 21:44  

try www.babybiker.co.uk they do leathers/textiles etc for up to age 15 had plenty of stuff off them as my kids were growing up and they will exchange if they arent the right size.

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 08/12/2010 12:50  

I used Baby biker for my daughter for boots and gloves when she was 10, but went to a women's bike clothes shop to get her a pair of size 8 textiles cos the kids stuff was too small for her - she is tall for her age though.

Update Reply
MitziT @ 08/12/2010 12:57  

try J&S leathers in northwich, i was there this afternoon and i saw signposts for north wales, might be a bit of a trek for you but they sell kids stuff and its very well priced.

Update Reply
Nicholls @ 03/01/2011 22:25  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email