MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Technical Motorbike Help

help finding proper breakdown cover urgently needed

help finding proper breakdown cover urgently needed - Forums [Biker Match] help finding proper breakdown cover urgently needed - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Technical Motorbike Help /

help finding proper breakdown cover urgently needed

hi all........... i have hopefully got my bike fixed! i rode it back from gargae tonight and it seems ok.............my pal put a new relay thingy somewhere or something to do with fuel pump!! lol, am not very mechanicaly wotsit !! anyway, i need to get proper breakdown cover to start tomorrow so i am coverd going all the way to the farmyard..i have been online and so fa RAC seems to be the best at about £80............. anybody got any other ideas?? thanks once again folks and hope to see ya all tomozzz hugs sheena

Update Reply
willow @ 17/06/2010 21:27  

anybody ????

Update Reply
willow @ 17/06/2010 21:42  

Try the AA hon .. I think its a Little cheaper but not by much

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 17/06/2010 21:44  

Depends what you want Willow. If you just want to cover your bike, then RescueMyCar[dot]com can provide cover for as little as about £20.

I don't know what their cover is like as they use local garages rather than their own personnel, but it is cheap.

If however, you want a well known company or personal cover, then you can't go wrong with the top three (AA, RAC, Green Flag), but you'll have to pay a little more.

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 17/06/2010 21:49  

think my AA cover was about £40 thankfully never had to use it, next time you get insurance see which companys throw it in.not always the best deal tho

Update Reply
julie j @ 17/06/2010 21:57  

Can you not organise it through your bike insurance? My insurance covers me for all the same stuff as RAC used to (home start/roadside/onward etc.) Might be worth checking with them if they could add it to your policy for a fee?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/06/2010 21:59  

i used to have it through my insurance but changed it in december. am currently with rac but only basic cover and need full recovery as it cost me £100 to get home the other monday with the cover i have! i will ring aa/greenflag tomozz and try rac again. rac wanted £49 to upgrade mine and that would only be till 30/7/10. so thats a bit much............... looks like i'm going to have abusy tea break tomozz i need an early night and get to work for 7.30 am !! i'll let you all know what i manage to find , ta folks probably end up with aa or green flag cheers sheena x

Update Reply
willow @ 17/06/2010 22:13  

ebike? (online insurance company)

Update Reply
Sandi @ 17/06/2010 22:21  

almost enough men with spanners on here to form the bikermatch recovery service, what do we think boys? is it a goer?

Update Reply
julie j @ 17/06/2010 22:26  

there all as bad as each other, check with your bank. lloyds tsb give breakdown cover with some of there accounts. as do some others.

Update Reply
DeeStruction @ 17/06/2010 22:28  

*almost enough men with spanners on here to form the bikermatch recovery service*

........tumbleweed........

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 17/06/2010 22:28  

I've got RAC because it covers me for all my vehicles or any vehicle I'm in or on. It all depends on what you need to cover. I agree with you about basic cover it's useless. Me and a mate were doing a rally his rectifier blew and the battery went flat. Called the RAC they came out told us the rectifier was shot, which we already knew. It was a sat night so no bike shops open, he said good bye got in his van and left. Thats basic cover for you.
The RAC have got a promo on at the moment of 50% discount so it might be worth mentioning it.
Hope it helps.

Update Reply
yamahama @ 17/06/2010 22:39  

Ian and I both have AA and it covers us both for car or bikes, one thing they will do if you want is if cannot be fixed as it needs new parts. They will get you home and if your really stuck can get a qualified mechanic to come to your house with the bits needed and replace them for you, lot cheaper than a garage and they come to you and they tell you how much it will be before they book to come see you

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 18/06/2010 00:40  

i have got solutions cover from rac because with multiple bike policies usually only primary bike is covered through insurance breakdown cover. Solutions cover is up for renewal at £93 in august covers you for any motorbike or car you are in that belongs to u and also gives you personal cover if you are travelling in any one elses vehicle. Also as introduction offer you usually get partner added for free on what they call joint cover so they also covered for anything. Luckily not had to call them out but they seem ok 2 me at that price.

Update Reply
yzf.rider @ 03/08/2010 07:57  

I went for RAC personal cover, so, I'm covered no matter which bike I'm on. Make sure you tell them exactly the cover you require, do not go for the cheapest most basic cover! Mine costs a £100 a year, yes I know that's a 'wow', but, for that they'll recover, back to my house, from anywhere on the UK mainland. The cheaper categories only cover you to a local repair shop, NOT back to your house. So, if it's something you know you or your better half can fix easily and cheaply back home, it's either the local rip-off bike shop, or rent a van and bring it home yourself, which, if it's a bank holiday and your just outside Oban and home is in Sussex..or London..or Cornwall.....I suppose the golden rule is: you only get what you pay for!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 03/08/2010 10:35  

If your still looking,I've had rac since 91,used them twice for my bike,cant fault them.Fixed an electrical problem,and recovery with a bust tyre once. Had mates with the aa and terrible,one mates spilit link knacked their man wanted to join a drive chain with wire!!!!!!

Update Reply
fxr swas @ 03/08/2010 17:28  

cant fault the rac ive used em for years. even when i left my ex wife i still paid for us both so i knew kids would be ok. when i fell off my bike last year i rang rac for recovery and they told me my ex wife had taken me off the policy and put her new bf on so they couldnt help lol.
i never said anything at the time but 3 months later when she found out he was cheating and they split up she texted me to tell me he'd gone before the kids told me. i texted back "ah well.....at least hes in the rac"
was well worth it lol and i just pay for mine now ;)

Update Reply
dunans @ 03/08/2010 17:36  

check your bank ,its personal cover with natwest and lloyds allways good 4 me from my ex aa van ironic ha ha to the bikes might have to pay to upgrade account but u get mob phone cover travel new white goods loads of other tat i can't remember. I'm so tight i squeek when i walk so thats about the best endorsment i can give.ha ha usual ebay rules no scammers overseas cheques i don't know anyone who works in a bank just happy with the deal scrappy

Update Reply
Scrapyard monster @ 04/08/2010 01:00  

lmao @ Dunans, being a caring father is not always rewarded lol.

Update Reply
Hull750Rider @ 04/08/2010 11:21  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email