MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Motorcycling

Motorcycling - Forums [Biker Match] Motorcycling - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Motorcycling

Isnt it great??? I went for a run out yesterday afternoon with a friend up to Devils Bridge, and had a fantastic time. Its only the 6th time i've got on it this year(disgraceful i know) but what a buzz! I dont know why, but it just felt fantastic. There was none of my usual no-confidence stuff at all. I was absolutely flying! Couldnt wait for the next bend and everything! The bloke i was with had never seen me ride, so before we went i did the usual pep talk of 'i'm crap at corners and shit slow' and even surprised myself, never mind him. He was gobsmacked when we got there, said he had to try to keep up with me at some points. All this from a bloke who used to instruct, done all the courses under the sun etc. To say am proper proud of myself is an understatement. I didnt go out to try and impress, just rode to my limits. Never once did i have an 'oh shit' moment. To be told that i'm a good rider and in another few years will a 'fookin amazin rider' has made me smile for 24 hours. It probably seems like nowt to you lot, but to me its a major achievement!Just to show Jason my appreciation, i bought him a new plate and christened him properly with his name on his screen

Update Reply
darkcarnival @ 20/05/2010 18:25  

Sounds fantastic. There's no better feeling when it all goes right is there. Well done Steph

I'll bet Jasons a bit chuffed with himself as well eh

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 20/05/2010 18:36  

Nice one Dc glad you enjoyed your day sometimes it makes a big diff when you not been out for a bit you seem to forget all your worrys and just jell with the bike so good on ya be safe jp

Update Reply
JP @ 20/05/2010 18:43  

Update Reply
Wills @ 20/05/2010 18:56  

Jason is always a good boy Terry, looks after his mum(knows what side his bread's buttered more like). I have noticed though, that if i dont ride for a while, i sort of lose the will to get on it. But once i force myself to get out on it, i want to go out on it all the time. Maybe its just me, but since that ride i want to ride 24/7. Roll on next week is all i can say!

Update Reply
darkcarnival @ 20/05/2010 19:04  

I'm glad you're enjoying the bike again DC just keep at it while you feel in the mood, you can only get better with experiance

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/05/2010 19:16  

Nice one Steph

Update Reply
Nutkin68 @ 20/05/2010 19:20  

Nice one hun xxxx

Update Reply
feistygirl @ 20/05/2010 19:21  

I may just have to go for rideout tomorrow...just coz i can. Maybe try out my new britches if its warm <ponders where the hell she put her knee pads>

Update Reply
darkcarnival @ 20/05/2010 19:23  

Hey................I just thought of summat. I may need knee sliders soon!!!!

Update Reply
darkcarnival @ 20/05/2010 19:24  

hahah.. nice one Steph! You're doing really well with Jason, You'll breeze it down to Cornwall, you'll be off abroad next.. after Scotland of course!! I get like that with Ziggy.. leave it for a week or so, and think 'I can't be bothered' then get misen out on him and the 'Grin Factor' kicks in .. even tho he's only a little bike and he has his problems...I still love the feeling of riding about. Went over to Squires last night.. on my own..met some others there, but thoroughly enjoyed the ride over.. the atmosphere ( i reckon there was around 1,000+ bikes there last night ) and the ride home, even tho there was a fatality which one of the lads we know witnessed... just made me ride home with a bit more thought and concentration.

Update Reply
Karey @ 20/05/2010 20:41  

Pleased for you DC :>>
Confidence is contagious !!

Update Reply
Alice2 @ 20/05/2010 20:51  

DC Well done, as a rider of some 20+ years I too know what it feels like to be at one with your bike. My first experiences of a Gixxer 750 scared the living daylights out of me. Now, some years on I can keep up with most of them, have few scary moments and am very happy to lead a group. I now have a Gixxer 750 again and won't part with the thing and have no scary moments.

As for needing sliders soon, I have never been able to get my knee down but can still ride faster (on roads and tracks) than those that can. I believe its all about your riding sstyle, so don't worry too much about getting your knee down. I get the bike well over but never had to get my knee down.

Hope your good spell lasts forever.

Update Reply
WillPool @ 20/05/2010 21:41  

Well done DC,nice to hear you got the bit between your teeth and went for it,greatest feeling in the world when everything goes as it should,hope you have more good days,on a slightlygloomy note,over confidence can hurt,but i am sure you are more then sensible to realise that,carry on having fun DC.

Update Reply
whiteairedfox @ 20/05/2010 22:23  

Go girl

Update Reply
BOBKAT @ 20/05/2010 23:05  

Way to go Steph! Keep it going & don,t let that confidence slip

Update Reply
old red @ 20/05/2010 23:05  

Nice on Steph

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 21/05/2010 06:05  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email