MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Racing

Bayliss to return to WSB in 2011

Bayliss to return to WSB in 2011 - Forums [Biker Match] Bayliss to return to WSB in 2011 - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Racing /

Bayliss to return to WSB in 2011

WHOOOP WHOOP WHOOP........HFG Drools & Swoons....... WSB legend Troy Bayliss has revealed to MCN that he wants to make a Superbike comeback in 2011. The three time champion retired at the end of 2008 after emphatically wrapping up his third crown, but now he say’s he could make a return to the series he once dominated and has his first test on a development Ducati 1198 at Mugello today. The 41 year old Australian claims that despite competing in some car and bicycle races he misses the kick of racing and intends to confirm his decision either way by the end of June. Speaking exclusively to MCN, Bayliss said: “You’re a long time retired. I haven’t ridden a WSB bike since I retired so we’re going to knock the rust off at Mugello and see where we’re at. “I’m saying I could come back and we’re going to have to see. It would make sense to come back with Ducati that’s for sure.” Full story in todays MCN

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 12/05/2010 19:04  

Funny how he only tests the ducati once they've softened the ride up. 

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 12/05/2010 19:56  

really hope he comes back and doesnt look like a muppet infront of the young guns. still, couldnt do any worse than haga is so far this season. Ducati need someone who can bring direction back to the wsb team. Bayliss to get another season under his belt then slide into the team manager role?

Update Reply
madasthecat @ 12/05/2010 19:57  

tbh I'm not sure this is a good idea. Bayliss has nothing to prove and possibly a reputation to lose. esp since the Ducati isn't the dominant force it once was.

Update Reply
Rob1050 @ 13/05/2010 09:13  

Well, from what Bayliss says in the MCN is that he's really p*shed about having 1 less championship than Foggy & that this has been on his mind since retiring & he wishes he hadn't retired so early! But yep, the thing is - can he come back after 2 years off?....I'm betting he can

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 13/05/2010 09:25  

Fair play, if he wants to have a go He'll have his work cut out tho. Even when the Ducati's have been competitive, it hasn't been the works Xerox bikes. I should know, I've still got Haga in my MCN fantacy road race team

Update Reply
Rob1050 @ 13/05/2010 09:39  

from the look of his testing times in todays mcn website, he's on the pace! gonna be good next year, tell you what, lets sack haga and bring bayliss in for the second half of the season - now that would be interesting!!!!

Update Reply
madasthecat @ 14/05/2010 19:46  

ok - update on this from VisorDown:

MULTIPLE WORLD Superbike Champion Troy Bayliss has topped the timesheets at Xerox Ducati's WSB Misano tests, lapping faster than both of the team's 2010 riders.

The Australian, who this week dismissed rumours he would return to WSB racing in 2011, posted a best of 1:35.6, almost half a second faster than Michel Fabrizio (1:36.0) and just under a second quicker than Noriyuki Haga (1:36.4).

“As I said during the WDW (World Ducati Week) press conference, I have made up my mind and I won't be coming back to the racing but I will undertake one more Superbike test later this year, just before the Imola SBK round, as agreed with Ducati at the start of the season,” confirmed Bayliss.

So the old hand waltzes in and gives the current rider line-up a total pasting. It must be a bit demoralising, eh?

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 15/06/2010 11:48  

Afraid some people dont realise how good bayliss was,his coming back could been good,but as said earlier,he has nothing to prove to anyone,but i think he has done that with those lap times?

Update Reply
whiteairedfox @ 15/06/2010 13:14  

Lap times blah blah. when the flag drops, the bulls#*t stops.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 15/06/2010 17:55  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email