MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle News

"No to the Bike Parking Tax" Campaign

"No to the Bike Parking Tax" Campaign - Forums [Biker Match] "No to the Bike Parking Tax" Campaign - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle News /

"No to the Bike Parking Tax" Campaign

Is anyone on here a supporter of the "No to the Bike Parking Tax" Campaign ?....It's a central London group who have been campaigning with Demo rides in Central London against Westminster City Council's plan to charge Motorcycles to Park in London,- which is really just another revenue raising and illegal tax They meet monthly and also recently ride everyweek around Trafalgar Square in the Rush hour to attract attention. The monthly meetings usually attract between 1000 and 4000 Bikers from far and wide. The group are also suing the Council over this Tax and the Case is being heard on the 24th.of June in the High Court in London. If anyone is interested, particularly if you are against paying to park your Bike in the future, -this Pay by phone for a space to Park scheme, that was pioneered by Westminster City Council , and was being considered by other councils in London, - could well go Country wide if unchecked! A Major Demo ride is planned for the 19th June, which will start from the M40 junction of the M25, and continue CLOCKWISE around the 117 mile circuit at a steady pace of 45mph and will collect supporters at many of the junctions on it's way round. It will be a significant event that is likely to attract National TV and media coverage.. -it already has in fact previously There was also a similar situation in France (see : UK France) back in March 2010 when the French Government decided to pass a law that made it illegal for Motorcycles to Filter in Traffic ! 40, 000 angry French Motorcyclists completely jammed their motorways, major towns and the Metro in protest one Saturday, grinding France to a standstill. Anyone who is interested would be welcome to join the Ride...

Update Reply
Tom Tom STR @ 09/05/2010 13:32  

Is anyone on here a supporter of the "No to the Bike Parking Tax" Campaign I imagine all bikers will be, and pillions. Is there a petition we can add our name to? I can't join the ride as I live too far away and aint got a bike on the road.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 09/05/2010 13:38  

THanks for adding this to the forums mate, and welcome to the site. I'm sure there's thousands of people here interested. Please make sure you add it to the calendar for everyone to see (it will then go on the homepage nearer the date also)

Update Reply
Matt @ 09/05/2010 13:42  

Thanks for your comments Matt and Kwak...! The "No to the Bike Parking Tax" Website can be easily found via Google, also on Facebook and twitter etc There are many Videos, and Campaign photos, all of which have real entertainment value plus a lot of information about the campaign and it's members...See for yourselves !! The group itself is very well organised, led and supported by a pro-active team of people who have tirelssly campaigned this important issue and raised funds to bravely support a signifcant Legal Action against a Council who have clearly not been listening or even following the law and UK/Euro rules. WCC. saw an opportunity to gain easy and additional revenue ! This council who I understand have also recently awarded themselves free and unlimited parking in the borough for their own Officers.... ! Nice one !

Update Reply
Tom Tom STR @ 09/05/2010 14:03  

No to the Bike Parking Tax Group is very Open and Up front, and anyone can join and then be updated to the latest campaign news for free...! They have public forums too and also member forums !

Update Reply
Tom Tom STR @ 09/05/2010 14:08  

On the calendar 19th June 2010 http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/events/event_detai...ent_id=833

Update Reply
Sandi @ 20/05/2010 00:53  

Refresh

Update Reply
Sandi @ 31/05/2010 16:57  

I know this might be a bit flip side of the coin but why should bikes be allowed to park without paying?

I've a bike and a car so why should my bike be free when I take up a full parking bay with either?

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 31/05/2010 18:20  

i always pay but someone steals my ticket off my screen honest. im waiting for them to take me to court and prove otherwise.

Update Reply
dunans @ 31/05/2010 18:35  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email