MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

Weird SQL errors and peformance issues this week

Weird SQL errors and peformance issues this week (4) - Forums [Biker Match] Weird SQL errors and peformance issues this week (4) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

Weird SQL errors and peformance issues this week

Matt every body i speak to in the "real world "says there internet is real slow at moment could this be anything that could cause the site problems this week just a thought as im having real probs with mine too ! Nealy I'm not having any problems, at the moment, touch wood. My computer speed is as quick as it should be, altho the colour box A (when you post in the forum) keeps disappearing and the numbers 1 to 6 appear.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 14/05/2010 23:11  

aparently all the peeps ive talked to are on you guessed it talk talk like me ive reverted back to mobile because its quicker than land line conection and yes some of the icons keeps diserpearing from my screen too must be conected some where ?

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 14/05/2010 23:14  

Neal I don't really understand how the internet works between different providers but our work connection has been crap all week and the provider has told us there have been some 'major outages' whatever that means

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 14/05/2010 23:15  

ooh its a conspiracy theory in the making this lol i tell you the computers are revolting

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 14/05/2010 23:21  

i tell you the computers are revolting Well they can't all be gorgeous

Update Reply
Sandi @ 14/05/2010 23:25  

mark my words its the begining of the broard band tax ! they gotto get that defasit mountain down some how lol

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 14/05/2010 23:28  

Shhhh!!!!

Update Reply
Sandi @ 14/05/2010 23:29  

it can happen, and used to happen often when i hired servers in America. Sometimes ships would drag anchors over cables, which doesn't take the net down but it sends all the signals around the houses, choking up connections. Same thing can happen even now, though normally never, because I'm in Holland with the servers. If the main cable, say from Amsterdam > London is down, then anyone going over it might have to go from London > Paris > Amsterdam. You get the point. There are some websites where you can check the internet's "Backbones", of which there are many (on different levels/tiers, which different providers use). So talk-talk might be using one backbone and Virgin/BT might be using another one. Hopefully this is why people keep complaining this week about the site being slow - cos I can assure you it's not (I've hoped via proxy servers in Australia to test it!).

Update Reply
Matt @ 15/05/2010 16:23  

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error �'
Transaction (Process ID 63) was deadlocked on lock resources with another process and has been chosen as the deadlock victim. Rerun the transaction.
/sites/bm/forum/posts.asp, line 252Got this trying to post a post Matt

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 16/05/2010 12:43  

Thanks RK. Just to let you all know that I've made some drastic improvements to the site's infrastructure (SQL Database) following advice from qualified experts. This change should all but elliminate deadlock errors and even dramatically improve the site performance (specifically during peak hours). The change made could have some unwanted effects, and I desperately need you to give me any feedback you have. If you get ANY error message (That mentions SQL or Database) then post here. If you find pages are hanging then post here. If you think the site is faster during the evening hours then again please post here. Many thanks

Update Reply
Matt @ 19/05/2010 18:46  

Error message Transaction (Process ID 58) was deadlocked on lock resources with another process and has been chosen as the deadlock victim. Rerun the transaction. /sites/bm/forum/posts.asp, line 248

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 19/05/2010 19:43  

what the hell, when did you get that? I don't see it in my log. Was it after I posted my message or before?

Update Reply
Matt @ 19/05/2010 19:46  

Only a few seconds ago!!!

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 19/05/2010 19:47  

dammit, i see it. Looks like the indexes were being dropped and recreated which caused that. Damn damn damn

Update Reply
Matt @ 19/05/2010 19:52  

At 23:36:56 The following error message Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error �' Transaction (Process ID 102) was deadlocked on lock resources with another process and has been chosen as the deadlock victim. Rerun the transaction. /sites/bm/forum/chat.asp, line 11

Update Reply
Sandi @ 19/05/2010 23:39  

Getting repeated errors Matt coming from chat into forum and back again.

oft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error 80004005

Transaction (Process ID 97) was deadlocked on lock resources with another process and has been chosen as the deadlock victim. Rerun the transaction.

/sites/bm/forum/chat.asp, line 11

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error 80004005

Transaction (Process ID 102) was deadlocked on lock resources with another process and has been chosen as the deadlock victim. Rerun the transaction.

/sites/bm/forum/chat.asp, line 11

Update Reply
46Rossi @ 19/05/2010 23:50  

Just had this as I tried to edit an event in the calendar. Where it says 'no work was done' that's not right cos I've been working all evening lol Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error ?e21' Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated errors. Check each OLE DB status value, if available. No work was done. /sites/bm/events/event_mod.asp, line 53

Update Reply
Sandi @ 20/05/2010 01:29  

sorry but there were 300 deadlock errors last night. There's some fundamental infrastructure design problems with the system (yes it's my fault). Unfortunately it's VERY complicated and I need to rethink a lot of the underlying site structure. I promise I'm working on it as the highest priority. Kwak, your error is different. It means that something you entered wasn't accepted. When is says "no work was done" it means that your update wasn't applied (even though the script instructs it to, it couldn't do so).

Update Reply
Matt @ 20/05/2010 11:15  

Possible fix implemented to the USERS table which is what's causing all the locks at the moment. Everytime you login, refresh a page, etc it updates your account to say when you last logged in (so I can program the Online Users page to show who's online now). Well each time this update occurs it locks the data which crashes/deadlocks other people (like those in the chatroom). Should be fixed now, so I'm gonna also look at the forum topics and posts which also cause a lot of trouble (lots of data and updates)

Update Reply
Matt @ 20/05/2010 11:31  

Forums should be good now too. Please monitor the site and let me know about anymore SQL errors. Note: I'm tracking it from the server side and I can see deadlock errors, I just don't know who's getting them or when (I only see the clash/deadlock).

Update Reply
Matt @ 20/05/2010 11:41  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email