MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

First wet ride out, yuk

First wet ride out, yuk  - Forums [Biker Match] First wet ride out, yuk  - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

First wet ride out, yuk

I had my first ride out in the rain and its not fun, least iv done it though. Was nice and sunny when I left lol
Thank goodness I could get past all the traffic, even though some of the driver of cars tried to stop me getting past by pulling over and close to the islands in the roads, grrr bloody idiots they aint getting wet.
No wonder bikers get pee'd off with car drivers. On a plus i got the bikers nod :D

Adz

Update Reply
ace_morgan @ 01/05/2010 17:44  

adz I only started riding again last year and my first couple of stints in the rain did my head in. With the blurred visor misting up and thoughts of wet white lines and man hole covers my thighs were aching my ar*e was twitching that much. JulieJ on here advised me to get out in the wet as much as I could so I did and now it doesn't bother me half as much

With bikes trying to squeeze between you and oncoming traffic and the thought of hitting one no wonder car drivers get so pee'd off with us bikers too eh

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 01/05/2010 18:09  

I didnt like it at first either adz.

I would agree with RK that its best to go out a couple of times while its raining because then if you get caught out (like you did today) you wont need worry !

Update Reply
adrenaline_Junkie @ 01/05/2010 20:42  

i love ridin in rain it improves ya skills and concentration plus u dont get t power rangers out if it looks like bein wet...just dont like snow

Update Reply
reaper_soul_man64 @ 01/05/2010 21:40  

Did my training with a school in Blackburn & as plenty will tell you, when it rains in Blackburn, by fook it rains!!! It was a baptism of fire-so to speak

Update Reply
old red @ 01/05/2010 21:48  

Did my test un all at Blackburn behind t old railway station on a go kart track
3 day course and it rained for 4 of em lol
that's proper lancs rain red lol

Update Reply
reaper_soul_man64 @ 01/05/2010 21:59  

Probably same outfit, believe they used to be at go-kart track,now at golf club, or they were a coupla year back...West Pennine?? Waterproofs weren,t so waterproof in those torrents of rain!! Looked like I,d peed myself cos water would gather on seat & seep through(least thats what I told them!!)

Update Reply
old red @ 01/05/2010 22:08  

I find it odd when folk talk about being worried about riding in the rain cos it never crossed my mind, when I used to ride my own bike. Unless the forecast was for wind speeds of over 20mph or icy roads, or snow I would ride. It never worried me at all to ride in the rain. I was more worried about the bike breaking down, as it did on most of my rides out.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 01/05/2010 22:38  

I wouldn't say I'm worried about riding in the rain, I just don't like it. I was riding bikes for 12 years before I passed my car test, I did my fair share of riding in the rain, and these days I just prefer my comfort. I passed my bike test when it was pissing it down, I think I only passed because the guy wanted to get it over with and get out of the rain. 

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 01/05/2010 22:57  

I never LIKED riding in the rain but if I waited til we had dry days I wouldn't have ridden much lol if I had a quid for every time someone said it was easy to pass their test I could afford my own bike dealership, worldwide

Update Reply
Sandi @ 01/05/2010 23:08  

Hey Adz
I wouldn't call riding in the rain fun but it's 1 of them things that
u get used 2. I've always found thick fog more challenging,when
the only way of making sure u stay on the black stuff is 2 ride
the cats eyes !!!!
Couple of tips 4 the rain thou: 'RainX' on exterior of visor makes
vision much better & a little fairy liquid on the inside helps with
misting.
Watch your distances more & even out the braking else u'll end
up sliding on ur side down t road (I know I've done it!)
Enjoy the 'summer'

Update Reply
Nick750 @ 02/05/2010 09:20  

I agree with the reaper man,it does help concentration and riding abilities,ie smooth riding,brakes ,gas and lean?personally dont like the rain but we cant stay in waiting for the sun can we?

Update Reply
whiteairedfox @ 02/05/2010 09:31  

I ride to work so if it's raining at home time I don't care, at least I'm going home. I don't like the slippiness though!

Update Reply
6ypsy @ 02/05/2010 19:49  

I may well do more wet rides if you all think it will help :)

Update Reply
ace_morgan @ 03/05/2010 15:30  

If you,re gonna keep riding Adz you aint gonna have much choice!! I mean how many *nice* days have you gone out & it peed down an hour later?? Unless of course you,re leaving us for sunnier climes! You may WILL do more wet rides

Update Reply
old red @ 03/05/2010 18:37  

I went for a ride out on Saturday with friends, completely failed to keep up when it was sunny, but they slowed down enough when we hit torrential rain that I was able to- rain doesn't bother me, but having to put wet gloves on the next day wasn't pleasant!

Update Reply
tawdryfilth @ 04/05/2010 14:35  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email