MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

tomtom rider V1 V2

tomtom rider V1  V2 - Forums [Biker Match] tomtom rider V1  V2 - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

tomtom rider V1 V2

I was just wondering if anyone used either of these sat navs.

im not looking to spend allot because i don't have much, But i need something reasonable because i am useless with directions!

Looking at used prices the V1 is about £110 and V2 around £180 ..

Can anyone advise either, or another satnav around the same cost ??

Any comments will be appreciated

thanks

Update Reply
adrenaline_Junkie @ 29/04/2010 12:47  

I have the tom tom v2 mate its a good bit of kit, very helpful to find those ever elusive destinations, I have western european maps as well for touring. Mobile goes blue tooth to Sat Nav and scala Q2 headset relays it all to your helmet....also plug for i-pod as well with a priority from GPS - phone - music....oh yeah it also has built in radio on Scala Q2 head set. I think the full system with mounts is a little more expensive than you are quoted, check out the cost first, the other alternatives fully weather resistant are a lot more expensive.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 29/04/2010 13:17  

buy a tank bag and a waterproof map mate...lot cheaper and more fun getting lost lol

Update Reply
reaper_soul_man64 @ 29/04/2010 13:17  

I've got the V2 and I certainly don't have any complaints about it. None that I wouldn't make about SatNavs in general anyway. It did take me from Brum to Mablethorpe via Grimsby, but my car one plotted the same route.If you want to link it to your phone check if it's supported. My current phone isn't and some of the features (like texting via the TomTom) don't work. If it is supported then it's great to be able to read texts while you're riding, can't send them unless you're stationary though, for obvious safety reasons.One of my friends has a V1 and was talking about replacing it with the V2. I don't know what the differences are, but he thought it justified the cost of replacing it.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 29/04/2010 13:22  

Sod that getting around the country is fine its the last few miles is the pain in the arse, also helps in europe big time.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 29/04/2010 13:22  

Thanks jonny & GB!!

Reaper lol, my group on duke of edinborough silver, had a map to do a 4 hour walk.....

It was mid summer we set of at 7 am in the morning.... put it this way, by the time they found us and drove us back to camp, we had to put our tents up using the lights of the vans. lol

Me and maps are a nono lmao

Update Reply
adrenaline_Junkie @ 29/04/2010 13:25  

Another thing is you really need to wire in the electrics as it'll only hold enough charge for a couple of hours.
I've never had the headset go flat, that seems to have enough charge to last for several days riding, but the main unit has a pretty poor battery life.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 29/04/2010 13:26  

Gb, thats would be a

Daaaaaaaaddd please can you do this for me moment lol

Update Reply
adrenaline_Junkie @ 29/04/2010 13:27  

If price is priorty. dont go for a bike one. just get a cheap car tomtom and mount that. Not as if it's goin out in the rain is it.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 29/04/2010 13:29  

well , you dont know with the " Great british weather " thats my only worry doing that !!

Update Reply
adrenaline_Junkie @ 29/04/2010 13:31  

It'll be under your screen. or put it in a plastic bag.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 29/04/2010 13:32  

good point Thats what ill do only sunday

Will prob get a v2 , peace of mind i think, gives me time to save tho

Update Reply
adrenaline_Junkie @ 29/04/2010 13:33  

I tried using a car one on the bike, and the main problem is that you can't hear it. The spoken instructions mean that you hardly have to look at it, but without that you need to be constantly looking down.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 29/04/2010 13:41  

I turned the sound off on my Zumo gary. I find it easier to concentrate in town without. I've got enough voices in my head without another one. Don't realy move my head much. just the occasional glance down.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 29/04/2010 14:01  

AJ, I've got the Rider V1 if you want to have a good look at one before you decide!

Update Reply
Scorpio54 @ 29/04/2010 15:16  

Sounds like a plan ken thanks

Will be interesting to see one

Update Reply
adrenaline_Junkie @ 29/04/2010 15:17  

Will make sure I have it with me on Sunday !!!!

Update Reply
Scorpio54 @ 29/04/2010 15:27  

brilliant thankyou

Update Reply
adrenaline_Junkie @ 29/04/2010 15:37  

I'll have my V2 with me, we can compare them.
That's so long as Saturday's rain has gone by Sunday, 'cus I'm a wuss and don't like the rain.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 29/04/2010 16:06  

"cus I'm a wuss and don't like the rain"

Im with you on that one

Brill Thanks alot guys thats perfect

Update Reply
adrenaline_Junkie @ 29/04/2010 16:11  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email