MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Classifieds & Swap Shop

Saiad Suzuki TT500 For Sale

Saiad Suzuki TT500 For Sale - Forums [Biker Match] Saiad Suzuki TT500 For Sale - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Classifieds & Swap Shop /

Saiad Suzuki TT500 For Sale

As far as I know this is the only one in the country and as such a rare beast. Saiad was the Italian main dealer/importer for Suzuki and they prepared their own specials. This bike is a 1972 Suzuki T500 twin two stroke which has had the engine breathed upon, the original bike made around 44 bhp this pumped out 60. Not a lot you might think but bear in mind how old this machine is. It has a double sided twin leading front brake from the early GT750 instead of the single that the T500 had. Fibre glass seat and tank, it should have expansion chambers or original silencers from Suzuki, I have a pair of original ones but they are really manky. It has for some reason an 18" front wheel with alloy rim and a steel rear 18" wheel. It was like that when I got it, I bought it with my other T500 and thought I would get around to restoring it. I'm an in the position of not having a lot of cash at this time and would like to free some up. It has a green V5. It does need sorting out but if this is the sort of bike your after you won't worry too much about that. Parts for these bikes are still available through Crooks-Suzuki. Anyway if your interested drop me a PM. I would be looking at around the £1200 mark but I will negotiate. I'll put what pics I have of it up if there is any interest.

Update Reply
DG99 @ 26/04/2010 23:41  

A rather quaint old fashoned stroker that,20 years ago left my 250 lc for dead,post some pictures,does it run/what restoration does it need.might make a nice trackday/cafe racer or earlystocks bike,just about to check its elegibility,

Update Reply
SEAN ZXR750H1 @ 27/04/2010 16:23  

Not eligible as an earlystock bike due to it being a special,shame

Update Reply
SEAN ZXR750H1 @ 27/04/2010 16:47  

Hi Sean, thats just typical isn't it? I had the same sort of thing when I wanted to race my T500 with the CRMC, they wouldn't let me race with the big boys because they said the bike wasn't produced before 67. I proved to them that it was but they still wouldn't go for it, guess they thought a Japanese bike would upset the 50k brand new replicas people were fielding. Shame as Mr Sheene was racing in that category and after a conversation with him said he would be happy if I competed as he used to ride an air cooled TR500 himself. Not sure if I can link any pics on the forum through photobucket, will check if I can or not, don't want to break any rules.

Update Reply
DG99 @ 27/04/2010 21:09  

googled it and found a bright red example,shame you cant add pictures here,MATT FIX IT PLEASE!!!,was asked recently by a friend of a friend if I could rebuild a 500cc suzuki,as raced by barry sheene.maybe its right up his street,will ask,and a few other guys I know for you,you could post the pics to your profile.

Update Reply
SEAN ZXR750H1 @ 27/04/2010 22:36  

Was that the one on Maurizio's webpage? This is a red one too, it did have a rider and pillion seat, but the owner before me has cut it down slightly, its fixable back to its original though as Italian fibreglass is amazingly thick. My only problem is I have relatively few pictures of it as it is in a container in Suffolk at the moment, thats a few miles away from where I am now. However I am due to go down there soon to pull my Bandit out of the container. I will be taking lots of pics of it then. Thanks Sean, its appreciated. I will put what shots I have in my profile in other photo albums.

Update Reply
DG99 @ 27/04/2010 22:56  

Don't suppose you want to keep it for a couple of months do you? (wishful thinking) My bonus gets paid then, I've been looking for another stroker (presently got an 73 RD350 that was raced in the states) to play with and been seriously thinking about a GT/T 500 and was wanting to put it in race style trim.

I used to race proddie RD350's years ago, wouldn't race the 500 tho, would like it to piss off some of the power rangers .

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/04/2010 23:27  

Hi mate, I really could do with the cash now but you know how best laid plans go, so it could well be there in a couple of months time. I keep getting mail from a guy who wants to just buy the front wheel off me, they apparently go for big bucks for that 4LS set up. But I refuse to start chopping the bike apart for bits. Keep your fingers crossed mate that I don't get any luck, but you'll excuse me if I keep my fingers crossed that I sell it. However I do have frames, forks, engines, wheels, all sorts of bits for T500's as I have lots of spares for them so all might not be lost if this bike goes

Update Reply
DG99 @ 27/04/2010 23:50  

No, I understand if you get the offer of some cash, you have to take it.

You'll understand that I sorta hope you dont get any luck tho

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/04/2010 18:52  

Yep I do matey

Update Reply
DG99 @ 28/04/2010 20:57  

Still for sale, just bumping it up from the depths of the classified section to the attention of the newer members.

Update Reply
DG99 @ 28/05/2010 09:09  

Bump, still for sale.

Update Reply
DG99 @ 12/07/2010 10:35  

the siad t 500 was an italian importers special, the old t500 can be made to go pretty quick they are quite close to the gt750 as well

Update Reply
bluehaze1960 @ 14/07/2010 21:22  

Hi there, yep your right it was the Italian importers special. I also have a Crooks-Suzuki T500 as well which is in words of the vernacular 'bloody fast', much more highly tuned than the Saiad motor. If you have a look on my profile pics you'll see a pic of the Crooks, minus its fairing though.

I have lots of spares for T500's mostly frames, wheels, motors. GT and T cranks (electronic ignition and points types).

Update Reply
DG99 @ 14/07/2010 22:56  

Monthly bump for my post. Still for sale, uber rare bike.

Update Reply
DG99 @ 09/08/2010 16:31  

Bumpity bump bump bump! No budding restoration freaks out there? I will swap it for anything interesting, bike, car, cash I have lots of spares for the T500 as well, though probably not the parts most people want (sods law)

Update Reply
DG99 @ 11/10/2010 16:53  

Have an ask about at stafford this weekend or take it up there and flog it.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 11/10/2010 18:26  

Ah if only I could get it up there, that would probably be the place to sell it. I might go up there anyway and do as you say and have a word with any potential buyers. Depends on work commitments as to attending.

Update Reply
DG99 @ 11/10/2010 18:49  

Hi
If only! Divorce and lack of garage space results in no cash! Looks a great bike - good luck with selling it.I had two GT500's - first one a Dunstall, ported and polished- it flew - till the gearbox blew up, don't run the chain to tight!

Update Reply
sportijoe @ 13/10/2010 22:11  

Hi feller, I've had T500's for a long time now and when I got the Saiad I was really happy as they are one of the 'Holy Grail' bikes for Titan/Cobra lovers, I just have never had the time to restore it. I have my Crooks-Suzuki sprinter/racer to play with, so thats my needs satisfied. Well if you win the pools/lottery etc give me a shout

By the way I had a few Dunstall parts for GT500's but sold them a few years back. Seat, tank, bikini fairing. They were very tatty though, but still got a good price for them as they are rare bits of kit nowadays, they were shipped off to the states.

Update Reply
DG99 @ 14/10/2010 07:06  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email