MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Does anybody else find this ash thing a bit wierd?

Does anybody else find this ash thing a bit wierd? - Forums [Biker Match] Does anybody else find this ash thing a bit wierd? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Does anybody else find this ash thing a bit wierd?

sorry is it me, the sky looks so clear and blue. Bit yet again there's no flights in or out of the uk?
It screams consipiracy theory to me!!!!
A new fighter plane under test? Alien space craft? Who knows, any theories?

Update Reply
SPESH @ 18/04/2010 14:35  

I heard on the radio it was to keep everyone in the country to vote.

But they haven't thought it through, we'll all be dead through bordom!

Update Reply
yamahama @ 18/04/2010 14:51  

Not if the weather stays as good as it has been we won't cos we will all be out on our bikes!!

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 18/04/2010 16:59  

My garden is full of ash Alan!!!

Update Reply
limeninja9 @ 18/04/2010 18:10  

Actually I'm blamin me mum (97 !!) . . reckon its all the ash from her burnin back her pampas grass that's done it. Wasn't a b....y volcano at all

Update Reply
Alice2 @ 18/04/2010 18:33  

The ash is high up mate and it is lethal to engines it will block it and grind it also at speed it would be like a sand blaster on anything at speed and altitude... No conspiracy theories ..... But doesn't mean we can't start some lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/04/2010 19:39  

I cannot believe ... well I can .. that the Air companies are saying they don't think its as bad as the met office make out ... I would rather be grounded & KNOW I am safe than run a risk.

I know people like Tel have had hold cancelled & I am sorry for you on that basis, but rather have you here in one piece

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 18/04/2010 19:42  

There is a great risk of engines basically choking (kinda). The ash rock/metals melt at around 1300 degrees and the jet engines are about 2000 degrees inside. What happens is that the rock melts in the engines, then turns into a sticky liquid which sticks to the blades and chokes up small areas in the jet. This causes the air to fuel ratio to become richer and richer until it cuts off. The deal in Europe now is that the authorities like ICAO and Eurocontrol don't want the risk of this happening (again, it's happened before - many times). If they allow planes to fly and it happens, then it will be their fault. The airlines are saying "well, it's not so conentrated everywhere in Europe - so let us fly where it's not so bad!", which is an acceptable request and the authorities are making some final decisions at the moment. Should start allowing planes to fly lower and maybe under VFR very soon. But I estimate a few weeks until it's back to normal - and that's if the volcano stops adding fuel to the fire! Remember that the Met Office DON'T decide who flies and who doesn't! They give the facts to airport, airlines and the aviation authorities who make the decisions. Like the CAA who close the UK airspace, or the LVNL in the Netherlands

Update Reply
Matt @ 18/04/2010 20:00  

Allways better safe than sorry. However aliens would be cool

Update Reply
adrenaline_Junkie @ 18/04/2010 20:02  

Shell thanks for the thought Just rebooked for a longer break in May so alls well that ends well Do think that CYTMs theory could have some legs as L9s garden is covered in Grey stuff ?????? and Mi Lava lamp is acting all funny !!! and apparently I have been missing for 24hrs but the less said about that the better !

Update Reply
Eltel @ 18/04/2010 20:08  

CYTM we were on top of the hills in Cumbria today and not a speck of ash other than off me fag end. Either someones exaggerating or there's deffo something strange going on in them thar hills!

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 18/04/2010 20:29  

Aparrently an Icelandic nuclear scientist has been reported to have apologised for carrying out an underground explosion on a tectonic fault line!!!!

Update Reply
Wraith750 @ 18/04/2010 20:58  

so how is it that for years and years we have always had aerial footage of volcano clouds? was great risk taken to get those pictures, or is it ok to go up in a plane with propellers but not ones with a jet engine? hope that made sense and that someone knows

Update Reply
julie j @ 18/04/2010 21:38  

Nail on the head there Julie, totally different types of engines

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 18/04/2010 21:51  

I think they normally film the ash clouds from above without ever flying through it.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/04/2010 21:54  

My daughter says she thinks it's the start of the end of the world, as stated in several well known texts including the bible lol. Not moking her but I seriously doubt these written sooth sayers of impending doom...........

Update Reply
Hull750Rider @ 18/04/2010 22:04  

If this weather has anything to do with ash cloud then long may it continue :)

btw: the aliens are already here. I know.

Update Reply
Nick750 @ 18/04/2010 22:39  

It,s the alien invasion..The Government don,t want us flying up there and seeing the armada of alien craft waiting for the mother ship to arrive & lead the invasion!!!!... I kid ye not! Only t,other night I myself was abducted & probed!! At least that,s what they said they were doing... Anyone out there got a Venusian skeleton key so as I can get this damm straightjacket off???

Update Reply
old red @ 18/04/2010 22:43  

i rather have some empathy along the lines of hull750rider's daughter, certainly i think 'the world' has long embarked on a chain of events, environmentally. (btw its very difficult to keep politics and relegion, the 2 taboo subjects, out of posts lol) i think there is no doupt of the serious implications, (and perhaps one should not jeste),, but there are conspiracy theries about many events, my favorites include USA first man on the moon and Ms Monroe's death swiftly movin on to a lighter note has anyone seen the film, 'Wag The Dog' (DeNiri/Hoffman )

Update Reply
clarissa @ 19/04/2010 13:55  

Don't worry everyone ............... it will be fixed soon.

Mums gone to Iceland !!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/04/2010 23:04  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email