MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Computer Tantrum

Computer Tantrum - Forums [Biker Match] Computer Tantrum - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Computer Tantrum

Hi Folks Just to let you know that I'm having computer problems, its on its last legs and could conk at any moment so if you put an event up for the calendar please be patient it may take a bit longer to arrive on the calendar. Also if you PM me obviously that will take time to reply to too. With a bit of luck and masking tape (joking) this one should last until I get another one, from my mate Ian, hopefully. Enjoy the peace and quiet, should I get cut off prematurely lol (it keeps making noises like an aeroplane taking off and landing) Cheers Sandi

Update Reply
Sandi @ 03/04/2010 21:29  

It might just be it needs the fan replacing ??

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 04/04/2010 08:41  

Surely it's a works computer if you're using it for the site kwak and somebody should be sorting it or replacing it for you!

Now who should be thinking about this hmmmmm

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 04/04/2010 10:23  

Shell, you could be right cos the computer turned itself off (wow! clever bugger ) cos of 'a previous fan problem' it's taking an age to load but at least I'm on line, not sure for how long tho. LOL Terry nice try but I don't think that applies to me.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 04/04/2010 18:02  

Sounds like the fan is not cooling the PC down ... hence why its turning itself off ... mine did that , stops it blowing up completely lol

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 04/04/2010 18:07  

Well it has been used and abused by yours truly I've lost count of how many computers I've had, *cough* erm... how many I've owned over the last 12 yrs.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 04/04/2010 18:20  

Oh now it's got onion-itis

Update Reply
Sandi @ 04/04/2010 18:20  

onion-itis ??

Is that a legal activity ? do you have to have special training???

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 05/04/2010 18:49  

is that when it smells bad lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 05/04/2010 22:27  

Onion-itis - definition - running rings round itself or shedding core in layers - lol

Update Reply
Scorpio54 @ 06/04/2010 00:03  

O i luv it when ur brainy Scorpio ............ go on do it again lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 06/04/2010 00:26  

Onion-itis = when my post repeats itself

Update Reply
Sandi @ 06/04/2010 09:47  

hit it with a hammer then kwak lol just a small tap of course

Update Reply
madhat @ 06/04/2010 11:02  

LOL I don't think I've got the strength madhat. *whispering* my computer is working fine tonite, it took 15 mins to get connected to the internet but it's working ok so far.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 07/04/2010 23:38  

Eastern Wisdom in a Microsoft Word <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> </o:p> In <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:country-region><st1:place>Japan</st1:place></st1:country-region>, it is said that they have replaced the impersonal and unhelpful Microsoft Error messages with Haiku poetry messages. Haiku poetry has strict construction rules. Each poem has only three lines, 17 syllables: five syllables in the first line, seven in the second, five in the third. Haiku is used to communicate a timeless message often achieving a wistful, yearning and powerful insight through extreme brevity—the essence of Zen: <o:p> </o:p> Your file was so big. It might be very useful. But now it is gone. The Website you seek Cannot be located, but Countless more exist. Chaos reigns within. Reflect, repent, and reboot. Order shall return. Program aborting: Close all that you have worked on. You ask far too much. Windows NT crashed. I am the Blue Screen of Death. No one hears your screams. Yesterday it worked. Today it is not working. Windows is like that. First snow, then silence. This thousand-dollar screen dies So beautifully. With searching comes loss and the presence of absence: “My Novel” not found. The Tao that is seen Is not the true Tao-until You bring fresh toner. Stay the patient course. Of little worth is your ire. The network is down. A crash reduces Your expensive computer To a simple stone. Three things are certain: Death, taxes and lost data. Guess which has occurred. You step in the stream, But the water has moved on. This page is not here. Out of memory. We wish to hold the whole sky, But we never will. Having been erased, The document you’re seeking Must now be retyped Serious error. All shortcuts have disappeared. Screen. Mind. Both are blank

Update Reply
Scorpio54 @ 10/04/2010 00:59  

LOL Scorpio54 very amusing and so much nicer than the usual error messages.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 10/04/2010 08:38  

Woo hoo!! lol I'm back on track. I've got a replacement computer, new keyboard and mouse and I'm getting a nose bleed with the speed it's all working at Thanks to my mate Ian I now have Windows 7 instead of XP so I'm still finding my way around. Some things I like, some I don't but like all other things new I will get used to it. I'm loving this new mouse, who knows maybe my onion-itis days are gone lol

Update Reply
Sandi @ 10/04/2010 22:24  

Dear gentles, why oh why do you put up with Windoze :(
you can pick up a G4 Mac off eBay for about £100.
There is really no excuse for bashing your head against the wall, even with your lid on.
To dispell a myth, Macs are much cheaper to run, why?
Viruses of which there are 750.000 odd for the pc, spyware, malware, security loopholes, dodgy programming blah blah blah.......
I've got 7 Macs, the oldest is 12 yrs and the youngest is 5 yrs and they are still going strong. I have a HP running Xp Pro and it's junk and I'm being fair. I'm a computer techie and love building and modifing computers whether Mac OS, Linux or Windossssseeeezzzzzzzzzzz.
Sorry people, but your being conned :(

Update Reply
Dave Badger @ 16/05/2010 13:42  

You're risking bringing the wrath of Matt down on you Dave. He's pathologically anti-Mac and appears to think they're a device of the Devil. Mind you, he's under the delusion that Microsoft can do no wrong.

I've been using Macs since 1992 and won't use anything else so it's good to hear someone in the know speak up for Macs. Spread the word. Macs rule!

Update Reply
Cataraptor @ 16/05/2010 22:22  

I have 2 domestic computers, 1 stable as you like, running linux, the other crashes on a regular basis, windows. I have spent to long working with computers, and in my opinion windows is getting better, how could it not, but it seems to be behind the other offerings when it comes to reliability and safety of data. Big business still uses unix for mission critical systems. when that changes to windows, then we can believe that it has grown up and is safe to use.

Update Reply
thehairyone @ 16/05/2010 22:40  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email