MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Blessed Be Your Bike !!!

Blessed Be Your Bike !!! - Forums [Biker Match] Blessed Be Your Bike !!! - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Blessed Be Your Bike !!!

I know this is going to sound a strange one but it REALLY is something thats going ahead, I will submit to Kwak just as soon as I get off my phone & onto my PC lol

Dunham Massey Bike Blessing

Type:Causes - Fundrais...ser Date:Sunday, April 18, 2010 Time:12:00pm - 4:00pm Location:Dunham Massey celebrating st georges day... its our 3rd bike blessing, and hopefully each year will be bigger and better!! money raised will go as always to homeless children in manchester... all bikes, trikes, scooters welcome...any queries contact me ..

St Marks Vicarage
School Lane
Dunham Massey
WA14 4SG
0161 928 1609

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 18/03/2010 20:52  

(St George's Day is the 23rd, it's one of my Godson's birthday) erm...money raised? Do they charge to bless ya these days? How modern

Update Reply
Sandi @ 18/03/2010 21:54  

Its a donation of £3 per bike Kwak ... and they having it the week before St Georges day

Its my birthday on the 16th

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 18/03/2010 21:55  

Aww is it, well BLESS you lol have a good un, my child

Update Reply
Sandi @ 18/03/2010 23:01  

It's not a modern idea at all. At the Pope's behest, the Church started selling indulgences i.e. forgiveness for various sins, which led Martin Luther (the original German one) to start the Protestant religion in protest. Mind you there weren't any bikes around to be blessed at the time.

Update Reply
Cataraptor @ 19/03/2010 07:11  

can I have my sins blessed??

Update Reply
moonstone @ 19/03/2010 07:43  

can I have my sins blessed?? PML and I thought I was confused

Update Reply
Sandi @ 19/03/2010 07:53  

Shall we get the remarks about the Lord descending in His Triumph out of the way right now?

Update Reply
Wills @ 19/03/2010 08:03  

BIKE BLESSING 2010
18TH APRIL DUNHAM MASSEY

‘It’s time to put away your Gore Tex textiles, heated gloves, thermals, over boots and all the other paraphernalia of winter riding and start enjoying some biking weather, hopefully…………..mmmm…….possibly……….mmmm……. anyway the BIKE BLESSING is going ahead again this year and we hope it will be a great start to the ridin’ and rallyin’ season, see ya there.’

Registration at Harley Ds Stockport (Hempshaw Lane SK1 4LG) opens 1130 only £3 (proceeds to charity)
Ride out starts at 1300 from Harley Ds (Last year quite a lot of people didn’t register or pay £3 please pay this year)
Thanksgiving and Remembrance happens in the National Trust Estate at Dunham Massey at around 2.15 p.m
Blessing and Parade through the village at about 2.30 p.m.

Other Stuff

Parachute Regiment Freefall Display Team (booked awaiting permission from Civil Aviation Authority)
Live Band
Prizes
BBQ
Refreshments
Stalls

Charity
We are supporting the 5 Star Scanner Appeal this year;  www.fivestarsappeal.co.uk

The Original UK Bike Blessing
‘On a wing and a prayer

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 19/03/2010 10:29  

Flippen heck i can nearly see HD from where i live !!!!!!

Update Reply
anneka56 @ 19/03/2010 11:20  

That was copiedfrom the email the vicor sent me lo

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 19/03/2010 11:48  

I will submit to Kwak just as soon as I get off my phone & onto my PC lol That's an awfully long phone call lol

Update Reply
Sandi @ 19/03/2010 14:00  

LOL .. I been using my phone to log in Kwak ... submitting now

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 20/03/2010 08:41  

I was going to post something here when it first appeared...but I haven't been able to type for laughing! Sorry!

Update Reply
cissystar650 @ 21/03/2010 09:35  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email