MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

got 50 euros ?

got 50 euros ? - Forums [Biker Match] got 50 euros ? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

got 50 euros ?

German village sells potholes A cash-strapped village in eastern Germany has put its many potholes up for sale in a novel effort to finance the repair of its crumbling roads, the mayor said. People can buy a hole in Niederzimmern near Leipzig for 50 euros ($75). In return the authorities will repair it and put a personal message on top, Christoph Schmidt-Rose told local radio station MDR. "It's about using a funny idea to find people prepared to help us sort out our roads" who can then "sort of feel like they own the hole in the road," Mr Schmidt-Rose said. He said that some potholes had already been snapped up by television channels and newspapers wanting to advertise. Experts estimate that months of severe winter weather have left as many as 40 per cent of Germany's roads badly damaged, and the recession has made it hard for authorities to patch them up.

Update Reply
clarissa @ 04/03/2010 23:06  

haha brilliant. I'll take 2 please

Update Reply
Matt @ 04/03/2010 23:22  

can we sell are pot holes to the Germans

Update Reply
kaw600 @ 04/03/2010 23:27  

But if you buy one and someone gets injured before it gets repaired are you liable for damages

Update Reply
micksaway @ 05/03/2010 01:00  

I wonder if the one outside my house is for sale,I'll look into it

Update Reply
pondlife @ 05/03/2010 04:40  

Lol ! That's crazy , clever tho :)

Update Reply
adrenaline_Junkie @ 05/03/2010 08:15  

I want one and my message would be a pic of my ass !!!!

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 05/03/2010 09:24  

Blimey! Are there any craters for sale?

Update Reply
pondlife @ 05/03/2010 10:07  

:O

Update Reply
adrenaline_Junkie @ 05/03/2010 12:57  

Pond revenge shall be mine ................ AJ he needs no encourgament from you lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 05/03/2010 13:13  

PML @ Pond, 'looking into' a pothole How many numpties are going to get themselves run over trying to READ the messages?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 05/03/2010 16:01  

I mentioned this to my dad, aged 84, he said "bo**ocks to that!"and added" They spent most of the early 40's trying to make holes all over our country and us in their's. So no way I'm paying to fix the holes in their roads, they still haven't payed for the the mess they made here yet". ....fair one! fix your own roads Gunther......

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/03/2010 12:37  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email