MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

Paint Job

Paint Job - Forums [Biker Match] Paint Job - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

Paint Job

I'm looking at getting my bike painted and i've found some interesting paint jobs but everyone seems to be saying stick to the original colour or the bike will be de-valued no matter how good the finished work looks.

Just after general opinion please before I commit myself to anything

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 23/02/2010 14:22  

Terry, its your bike and you should do what you feel is right for you and what you want!!! Did you buy your bike wanting to sell it, dont think so!!!! so do what you want

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/02/2010 14:38  

Thing is craig I probably will be selling it next year and if it costs 600 squid for the paint n devalues by 500 squid thats 1100 losser. Might as well give it to the kids to play with in the garden lol

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 23/02/2010 14:56  

Terry,,,I stick by what I say if you were keeping bike, but I also think that a good paint job may help to sell your bike in the future as it may make it the one that stands out!!!! (may)?? I think its worth a gamble and you get pleasure out of it as well!! tricky one

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/02/2010 15:08  

Leaving it as it is it will probably appeal to a wider market, unless it's peeling / rusty or just a mess, when it comes to selling it. It's always a gamble modifying a bike. If money was no problem I'd say have it how you like then change it back when it comes to selling it.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 23/02/2010 15:29  

Well kwak hoying it down the road at the weekend has certainly made it appeal to a smaller market unless the majority prefer dents n scrapes lol.

Like most peeps I don't have the luxury of unlimited funds so painting it twice is deffo not an option

I do like craigs train of thought so i'm erring on the side of going for it unless someone gives a real good reason not to

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 23/02/2010 15:38  

LOL ah righto Rusty, like that is it? Are ya painting around the dents, getting a new tank or having the dents bashed out first?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 23/02/2010 15:41  

RK, I have seen reports in the past where having a paint job has actually invalidated insurance because it came under the heading of "customisation that was not disclosed", might be worth checking with your insurers before you decide.

Update Reply
Scorpio54 @ 23/02/2010 15:42  

I'm having the dents repaired kwak, might as well have the job done properly

Never even thought about insurance Scorpio, good call

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 23/02/2010 15:44  

Excellent point there Scorpio, I forgot about that small but very important detail.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 23/02/2010 15:47  

If you're selling repaint standard colours. If folk see a paint job they'll assume it's been slung down the road. If you're keeping it, paint it whatever you like the best. Fancy paint schemes won't add much value, at best, and may put folk off at worst.

Update Reply
Rob1050 @ 23/02/2010 16:15  

if a bike has been painted it usualy pionts to it being droped or crashed and makes buyers especialy dealers twitchy if you cot going to keep the bike terry then out it back to standard but if you going to keep it then jazz it up abit but as a rule if its painted i would want to know why ? not to mention you might have real bad taste ! and go for a bad air brushed paint scheme

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 23/02/2010 17:13  

Mmmmm airbrushed naked ladie's...................... Sorry,,,,back to the paintjob

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/02/2010 17:24  

hahahahaha i nearly wrote that in cw but thought better not some folk might like that wolf moons and naked ladies lol

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 23/02/2010 17:27  

Its as soon as you mentioned airbrush Neal,,,,naked ladies just came to mind,,,,to hell with the re-sale value

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/02/2010 17:28  

interesting topic , was thinking about a paint job on my bandit , maybe have to put a bit more thought into it now

Update Reply
fastjock @ 23/02/2010 21:29  

LIME GREEN
THE ONLY COLOUR

Update Reply
sdv9r @ 23/02/2010 21:31  

i would love a air brush paint job on my VZ, skulls etc.....any one need a guinea pig to practice on ???

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/02/2010 21:33  

Lime green on a Bandit , i think NOT

Update Reply
fastjock @ 23/02/2010 21:45  

Hi Terry have you priced up a replacement tank in the standard colour ? this would then leave you to have the damaged one done in any colour you fancy

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/02/2010 01:14  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email