MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle News

Harley Davidson donates bikes to Haiti

Harley Davidson donates bikes to Haiti - Forums [Biker Match] Harley Davidson donates bikes to Haiti - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle News /

Harley Davidson donates bikes to Haiti

Harley-Davidson</F...NT> is donating 28 new Buell and Harley-Davidson motorcycles to assist with the Haiti earthquake disaster. The bikes are being shipped to the disaster zone from the Dominican Republic where H-D has a facility."Our thoughts are with all of those affected by this devastating disaster in Haiti," said Rod Copes, Sr. Vice President of International Sales, Marketing and Business Development for Harley-Davidson. "As the relief and stabilization efforts continue, motorcycles can often offer a higher degree of maneuverability and access than other types of vehicles."The motorcycles will remain in Haiti as a permanent donation to the government.

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 08/02/2010 14:38  

Nice offer, but are they really going to be much use in a disaster zone ?

Update Reply
Rob1050 @ 08/02/2010 15:32  

Just when Haiti thought the worst was over ......here comes HD to make things worse

Update Reply
sdv9r @ 08/02/2010 15:42  

All publicity is good publicity !!!!

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 08/02/2010 15:59  

BJ if that was KTM, BMW or any of the japs i would say yes but come on HD no sorry.....thats just over excited American sales tossers thinking hey this could be a good deal!!!! maybe to Americans but not to someone with common sense....FHHD.

Update Reply
sdv9r @ 08/02/2010 16:05  

I never said it was a good idea lol just that the americans are def not publicity shy

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 08/02/2010 16:06  

You can say that again BJ lol

Update Reply
sdv9r @ 08/02/2010 16:07  

............... tempted ....................... no better not lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 08/02/2010 21:33  

Still can't find out any more on this.... I am guessing (hoping) that it would be mostly Buell Ulysses they sent over.

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 09/02/2010 23:40  

Not being cynical. But sweetener for when the rebuild contracts get handed out

Update Reply
micksaway @ 10/02/2010 01:09  

I think they should leave HAITI as it is and hold a round of the out door world trails championship there.

Update Reply
sdv9r @ 10/02/2010 03:33  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email