MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Drones to spy on motorists

Drones to spy on motorists - Forums [Biker Match] Drones to spy on motorists - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Drones to spy on motorists

Unmanned military-style spy drones are to be used to monitor antisocial motorists under police plans. <o:p></o:p> Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV’s) similar to those used to assist reconnaissance and airstrikes in <st1:country-region><st1:place>Afghanistan</st1:place></st1:country-region> could be in use by the 2012 Olympics.<o:p></o:p> A Home Office-backed partnership led by Kent Police aims to use them for “monitoring antisocial driving” as well as fly-tippers and protesters, according to a report in The Guardian. <o:p></o:p> A prototype equipped with high-powered cameras will begin test flights later this year, the paper says. <o:p></o:p> The scheme is a pilot for country-wide use of the technology for “surveillance, monitoring and evidence gathering,” documents obtained under the Freedom of Information Act reveal. <o:p></o:p> UAV’s can fly for 15 hours and reach altitudes of 20,000 feet, making them invisible from the ground. <o:p></o:p> <o:p> </o:p>

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 28/01/2010 15:35  

Best only use the bike when there's decent cloud cover then Do wonder how they'll get on with the CAA tho.

Update Reply
Rob1050 @ 28/01/2010 16:20  

They have been in use for the last six months in merseyside. However these ones can only fly for four hours and are not allowed above 500 feet. (Line of sight control).

Update Reply
8 ball @ 28/01/2010 17:11  

good idea, they can spy on us...as we only cruise and dont speed !

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/01/2010 17:58  

High flying drones spying from 20.000 feet.....hmmmmmm.i better get a gun with a very long barrel.....

Update Reply
sdv9r @ 28/01/2010 19:08  

Do what they did in Afganistan or wherever it was n hack em lol.

Update Reply
Bloggsey @ 28/01/2010 20:22  

I'll start to get worried when they put air to surface missiles on em, and even more worried if the yanks are in 'control' of em!!

Update Reply
Paj1369 @ 28/01/2010 20:37  

think we will have to get a model F16 tomcat then and startshooting them down !! hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm "hay dad have you finnished with them radio controls now might have a use for them"

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 28/01/2010 23:17  

i'm worried pretty sure my butt will be visible !!!

can we not go anywhere these days without folk watching us???

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 28/01/2010 23:21  

How much is that going to cost us The Yank military can afford it but british public

Update Reply
micksaway @ 29/01/2010 01:51  

It all starts off with the promise that increased surveillance will only be for the most serious offences but it soon degenerates into enforcing the mundane and trivial. Now we know what the victims' £15 fines surcharge will be funding. Oh for a Somalian "technical" with a SAM on the back.

Update Reply
Cataraptor @ 29/01/2010 07:08  

It all starts off with the promise that increased surveillance will only be for the most serious offences & the uber-sneaky thing about this particular underhand nasty bit of surveillance is that when Kent Police initially made the application, it was proposed for help with border control i.e. checking the Channel crossings for illegal immigrants on small boats etc. Orwell's 񟬰' was supposed to be a warning, not a manual

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 29/01/2010 07:20  

I'm going to be on camera

Update Reply
ratbirider @ 31/01/2010 20:03  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email