MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

What do you think is the best 400cc starter bike?

What do you think is the best 400cc starter bike? (2) - Forums [Biker Match] What do you think is the best 400cc starter bike? (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

What do you think is the best 400cc starter bike?

BB the lad asked a question Here's some I've been thinking of and if you are able to give your opinions and reasons for choosing them that would be really helpful I research anything I want to buy. Did it with my VFR so I knew exactly what I was letting myself in for... part of that research is listening to other peoples experiences..and I dont think experiences are necessarily biased. Paul asked about Pilly's. The VFR is very unfriendly...small slippy seat with nothing to hang on to...thats not biased, thats fact. But I agree with what you say in that he needs to get out and have a good look at what fits his needs... but i do think other peoples experience do count. Keep right on.........

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/01/2010 14:51  

Nothing wrong with people suggesting bikes. but should put the on the list with all the others not to discount the others cus everyone thinks there crap. If we all did that then we'd have no one riding harleys at all.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 16/01/2010 15:08  

Paul,

I think blues has hit the nail on the head! Use peoples opinion to draw up your list as at least you hear negatives as well as positives, go see the bikes and your list will get shorter until you find the one that just 'feels right' Happy riding

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 16/01/2010 15:10  

paul,
I would suggest a 400 depends a bit on what type of bike you wish to ride be it sports or touring, taking your age into account think it will be sports,
however remember 1 thing these bikes are still fast so you must treat them with the respect they deserve last thing we would like to see is you loosing it and worse hurting yourself
What ever you decide get to know the machine first before thrashing it

hope this advise is help full

paul

Update Reply
No 1 fan @ 16/01/2010 16:33  

If you want to tour a 400 and you are as tall as you say I'd say a Honda Bros400 is a funky looking and comphyish bike! Rare as hens teeth as an import only I think, a small sized sports bike will leave you feeling tired quite quickly, putting extra weight on your wrists and the haunched up seating position will soon become a right royal pain in the back. Back when I was a lot younger an ex G/F of mine found the seat on my CB250N (Super Dream) much more comphy than her brothers GSX250 Suzuki, other pillions have commented on my currant bike CB750FII as being very comphy too. I'll let you draw your own conclusions there, I tend to aggree with a few here when they urge you to go bigger for your proportions, restriction kits for most bikes are redily available and you can still have a louder can on without it effecting the restriction. A tralie style bike can do a number of miles in comfort too but pillions tend to suffer from a narrow seat!

Update Reply
Hull750Rider @ 16/01/2010 22:59  

yes indeed your bike is very comfy Andy although i only had a short run on it and as for the superdream, well it is just super seat wise to ride or as a pilly my cbf is great on the back too and will chugg along quite happily at up to 100 mph all day long with its restrictor on,great for piling up with luggage too and cheap to run, lots of leg room,ideal starter bike!

Update Reply
julie j @ 16/01/2010 23:08  

Thanks JJ so most Hondas we've come accross have good seats! Happliy chug along or still capable of a blast if you are that way inclined! Return good milage too I've had 62mpg out of my 750 but tends to average high 40's low tuned engine with enough grunt to keep you happy!

Update Reply
Hull750Rider @ 17/01/2010 00:24  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email