MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Top 100 Motorcycles MCN readers survey

Top 100 Motorcycles MCN readers survey (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Top 100 Motorcycles MCN readers survey (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Top 100 Motorcycles MCN readers survey

My bike is so exclusive they didn't include it on the list....mind you, they don't even build them any more........

Update Reply
8 ball @ 19/01/2010 18:36  

My bikes were at 82 -1200 Bandit and 80 - ZX9-R both of which deserved better, particularly the Bandit which is like ballistic Kevlar - it takes a licking and keeps on ticking. It may be a bit primitive by modern standards but mine after nearly 8 years and 72,000 miles does everything that's asked of it and keeps on going. I still think it's the best bike I've owned so far. I haven't had the ZX9-R for very long and so haven't explored its full potential but it's shaping up well and, like the Bandit, has the advantage of carburettors rather than fuel injection.

Why should I worry what MCN (or anyone else) says? They suit me and that's all that matters.

Update Reply
Cataraptor @ 19/01/2010 22:57  

So there!

HUH

Update Reply
moonstone @ 20/01/2010 16:20  

Well said Cat!!! I love the ZX9, but as a pilly its a pain in the butt I'm reading this thread with interest and taking in whats being suggested. I want a bike of my own one day and after reading loads of stuff on this forum and mags, I know its going to be a very personal decision. I very much look at how something looks and its attractiveness, being the arty farty type rather than whats underneath and performance, which if I'd gone out a few years ago I wouldnt have had a clue, and still don't really

Update Reply
Nutkin68 @ 20/01/2010 16:39  

Cat nailed it. You buy a bike to suit you and not somebody else

Update Reply
ghosthunter @ 20/01/2010 17:31  

Couldn't agree more. Your choice of bike is personal. I've been through running the top end monsters and now go for a bike that is fun and a bit quirky. Ok, it's a Buell and it's fkin strange, never mind quirky! But it's wot I likes.

Update Reply
8 ball @ 20/01/2010 21:47  

This poll of MCN's is like 90% of their bike polls...absolute rubbish...yet again they seem to go with the flow and print the same as other countries and keep up with that "the latest and the best".
How many 1098's have been sold compared to cbr's vfr's zxr's gsxr's and and do you really think its the uk's best or favourite or redist bike out there.......
They only put this kind of poll together to look like they have a finger on the pulse of biking.
To be honest how many (and im not picking on you owners) 1098 owners are going to pay big money for a Ducati and the say its uncomfortable, cramped if your over 5ft 9in and has a stupidly small fuel tank, cost a fortune to service and in traffic its crap.......not many.

Any way this grumpy old man is off for a nap.

Update Reply
sdv9r @ 23/01/2010 02:47  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email