MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Racing

Speedway anyone??????

Speedway anyone?????? - Forums [Biker Match] Speedway anyone?????? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Racing /

Speedway anyone??????

Was wondering if any BM members are speedway fans. I notice that a new midland team have formed for 2010. the Dudley Heathens. Seems they will be riding home matches at Wolverhampton and Birmingham because they are still struggling to find a new track of their own. So with tracks in W’hampton, Brum, Sheffield and buxton Coventry (plus many more around the country) surely some BM’ers are fans…..?????Me, I’m a Mildenhall Fen Tigers supporter…roll on march 2010

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/12/2009 00:23  

i was a Belle Vue aces fan ,Ivan Mauger was my absolute hero ..sigh

Update Reply
anneka56 @ 02/12/2009 00:26  

Hi Anneka, in that case you will remember Peter Collins and probably Ole Olsen... The Aces are still going but sadly are no longer the force they once were. There are plenty of pics of Ivans gold plated bike on the net and he still has links with british speedway. check out http://www.ivanmauger.com/canterbury/photos/

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/12/2009 00:35  

aww thanks xx

Update Reply
anneka56 @ 02/12/2009 00:41  

Never gone to a match but enjoyed it on the telly. there's only one team i could follow as a brummie but their future is now in jepardy again due to noise complaints at perry barr.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 02/12/2009 10:14  

Went a couple of times a few years ago but would be up for a night out yelling and screaming lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 02/12/2009 10:38  

same here, like it on the telly but ive never been to watch. I actually end up turning it off after 10 minutes, only so much of round-and-round-and-round you can watch. It is entertaining for a short time though. My dad used to race side-cars many moons ago, until he realised how dangerous it is lol

Update Reply
Matt @ 02/12/2009 12:02  

Like all sports Matt it's so much better when you are there,tbh i could never watch it on tv either.There's nowt like having gravel thrown at you from a blurr going round the track !!!

Update Reply
anneka56 @ 02/12/2009 13:01  

Ice speedway is fun. And the races are really short with very few riders managing a full lap!

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 02/12/2009 13:03  

Now that does sound like fun !!!!

Update Reply
anneka56 @ 02/12/2009 13:04  

Once a year there is a speedway on ice event held at telford ice rink, usually in february. It is not Ice speedway (which is a sport in its own right) but normal speedway bikes with studded tyres. It was not held this year due to some kind of maintainance at the rink but plans are that the 25th "speedway on ice" will go ahead in 2010.... watch this space

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/12/2009 13:31  

If i watch hard enough will icicles appear

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 02/12/2009 13:37  

big wolverhampton speedway fan but didnt get to go down much this year as work seemed to get it the way

Update Reply
davetheblade @ 02/12/2009 16:51  

avid fan, every week my kids were virtually brought up round speedway tracks lol! When I lived in Kent, every week to Canterbury for Canterbury Cruisaders........unfortunately track no more. Then moved further north.............every week Long Eaton Invaders..........track no more lol! Been down to Peterborough a few times too...track still there lol!!! Yes, Mauger, and all the biggies way back then, so exciting to watch. Then on to the Dave Mullets, Martin Dugards etc..............such a great sport, the family loved it!

Update Reply
babyharley @ 02/12/2009 17:34  

,,,he he and my son just reminded me of Andrew Silva (hi ho silva on the rear of his leathers pmsl!), Jamie Luckhurst and his brother (cant remember his christian name now!), Rob Tilbury................to name just a few more yester year young up and coming speedway stars as they were then good times lol!

Update Reply
babyharley @ 02/12/2009 22:53  

Theres also a track in Stoke BH... i only know about it tho cos my best bud is a "clerk of course" for Cheshire Grasstrack... (which also has its scary moments... I know, I help her out with marshalling )

Update Reply
feistygirl @ 02/12/2009 23:00  

I would like more details as Ive not been to speedway for years..my best friend at school Colin was a brilliant sucessful speedway rider...

Keep us posted folks please...

Update Reply
bikerchick1966 @ 02/12/2009 23:12  

Babyharley..try http://www.hitmen2000.co.uk/ BC..for more info try http://www.british-speedway.co.uk/

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 03/12/2009 00:29  

Looks like you may have to organise a speedway event Paul ................ welcome to BM

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 03/12/2009 10:16  

Went with RAT (Riders Association of Triumph) to Birmingham speedway, earlier this year. Good night out Not many bikers there tho. Seemed more like a football crowd tbh, each side with team colour scarves etc.

Update Reply
Rob1050 @ 03/12/2009 11:28  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email