MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle News

Speeding biker clocked at 383 mph !!!

Speeding biker clocked at 383 mph !!! - Forums [Biker Match] Speeding biker clocked at 383 mph !!! - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle News /

Speeding biker clocked at 383 mph !!!

A motorcyclist has been clocked by speed camera at an incredible 383mph, more than half the speed of sound. Paolo Turina is fighting the allegation, which he says shows the speed camera must be defective. “If I could go that fast I'd enter my bike in the MotoGP world championships,” said the 26-year-old. “Valentino Rossi would not stand a chance. What did they think they were clocking - a jet fighter?" He is appealing against losing his licence and a £200 fine for the alleged offence, clocked by a speed camera in Italy. He said: "If the court rules the fine will stand then I'm going to send it to the Guinness Book of Records. After all if the court says it’s true then I should get the credit for this remarkable feat." Police say the camera unit is not faulty and the speed has been exaggerated by a clerical error. The appeal court has yet to decide on the case.

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 09/11/2009 16:33  

That is outrageous!! I mean, we have all been tempted but to travel at half the speed of sound!! The guy needs his head testing....

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 09/11/2009 16:49  

TC come on you know if you could ..............

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 09/11/2009 16:50  

I am not saying I have never travelled at half the speed of sound and I am not saying I have.......

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 09/11/2009 16:54  

Well if you do decide to try it can you swing past and pick me up lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 09/11/2009 16:55  

Will need to uprate my brakes first!

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 09/11/2009 17:00  

And stiffen up ur suspension, my butt is huge !!!!

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 09/11/2009 17:01  

It'll look like TC's put panniers on.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 09/11/2009 17:21  

are you sure its not KpH ???

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/11/2009 17:29  

That's still about 240mph, shifting it a bit!

Update Reply
Wills @ 09/11/2009 19:50  

Blimey, Bluesbiker, you're a braver man than me ! Do wonder tho "speed has been exaggerated by a clerical error." are they reporting all they know. Decimal point in the wrong place maybe ?

Update Reply
Rob1050 @ 09/11/2009 20:38  

wow ! that new street triple must realy shift >>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.>>

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 09/11/2009 21:04  

Miles Per Hour!!impossible...help me if i'm wrong please,we're talking about a world record here arn't we?

Update Reply
excalibur @ 09/11/2009 21:44  

And he was on a 50cc scooter exc!!

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 09/11/2009 21:57  

^^^^ now my brains are f#@ked lmao

Update Reply
excalibur @ 09/11/2009 22:05  

Blues u cheeky wee devil , slap for you me thinks !! I would love him to have been in a Robin Reliant lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 10/11/2009 10:14  

I like how they give an explanation for their error (clerical) but no apology for it! Par for the course these days I think. I went to have a door key cut the other day and the assistant said 'if you have any trouble with it just bring it back' Doesn't exactly instil confidence in their workmanship if THEY have no faith in it lol

Update Reply
Sandi @ 10/11/2009 12:54  

I hear what you're saying there Sandi... but it's a bit of a minefield out there... if you don't make such an offer, people accuse you of poor customer service or lack of communication if there IS a problem... yet if you do make the offer, other people think you don't believe in your product!

I've just found out I'm being all "illegal" cos I didn't have a "privacy" thingy on my website and a load of waffle about data protection... ye gads! I can't find the addresses of my best RL buddies, you think I'm going to know where 1-off customer addresses are 30 seconds after I've labeled the package?!

Typical that they blame the poor old clerical staff though... You always get the blame... despite pointing out the glaring error to the bossman... who screams at you about how he's been doing this for 40 years, don't you think he knows his own business by now?... then screams at you again when it all goes horribly wrong because you didn't dare make the alteration after his stupid reaction!

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 10/11/2009 13:07  

I agree with you there Lou re: the clerical (in my case admin) staff. In one job I had TWO bosses, both telling me how they wanted things, freakin' annoying when they conflicted, and one of them would say to me 'you should have used your initiative' that was after he told me off for doing just that.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 10/11/2009 13:27  

I stopped telling him in the end, just made the necessary alterations and he thought it was all his own work... made life a lot easier

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 10/11/2009 13:36  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email