MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Rufforth 1st Saturday this month! Nov 7th!!

Rufforth 1st Saturday this month! Nov 7th!! (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Rufforth 1st Saturday this month! Nov 7th!! (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Rufforth 1st Saturday this month! Nov 7th!!

Well they do get it right more than wrong lol.

Update Reply
Hull750Rider @ 05/11/2009 22:41  

just got in from work early(supposed to be 10pm) so if not persisting down in morn i should be there..... craig..........................................................

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/11/2009 20:01  

Hull was correct Craig, forecast says DRY for tomorrow, so it's a safe bet it's going to be very cold. As everything starts earlier in the year than it used to do (in the old days lol) maybe there'll be some carol singers there too, or Easter eggs for sale

Update Reply
Sandi @ 06/11/2009 22:08  

If forecast says dry then i better put waterproofs on straight away Not to bothered about cold(used to it up here in north) First frost was on car windscreens this morn at 6am!!-paths and roads seemed ok?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/11/2009 22:17  

Nice to meet up with Bill Cw Kaz and others

Update Reply
Hull750Rider @ 07/11/2009 16:50  

First time here, had a good rumage round stalls, bought some more crap to store in garage............................. Great to meet up with fellow peeps.................... Got back ok and cold....apart from fingers playing up(seizing up)(badly),.....................craig

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/11/2009 17:53  

I've got to take my hat off to you (any anyone else who was) out in that crappy, horrible, cold wet day we've had today. I had to out in my car and that was bad enough.

Update Reply
Blueboy955i @ 07/11/2009 22:24  

It was cold mark,,,,,only 3 degree's from our end and it didn't hit 4 till borobridge then 5 pulling in to Rufforth.... Ive never had trouble with seized fingers before and ended up in bed at 8pm last night and they are still not right this morn.... visit to doc's required I think!!--before end of year camp... Ride safe (when you get the chance)...................craig

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/11/2009 10:25  

Was that with your heated grips as well Craig (I'm presuming your Pan has heated grips)?

Update Reply
Roachy @ 08/11/2009 10:47  

No heated grips as yet , but after yesterdays ride I'm defo going to be looking into some, us northern lads aren't supposed to feel the cold Will check out a few websites later but will probably go for the oxford ones....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/11/2009 10:54  

Craig - it's called old age!!

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 08/11/2009 11:01  

No such thing as old age Stella There are young people in this world then there are not so young people, pleased I fall into first one mind still young but body ?????no comments

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/11/2009 11:05  

Ah, I thought all Pan Euro's had the heated grips. The Oxford ones are good, J&S (in Leeds at least) are still selling them for £40 I believe, they're not the newest model with the on/off button but you don't need that.

Update Reply
Roachy @ 08/11/2009 11:10  

cheers for that Rachel, I'll have a look on website later, argos does some for £49 but they dont show you what controls are!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/11/2009 11:13  

Grips are good but most of the veins are close to the skin at the back of your hand so if your getting that cold craig get some handlebar muffs to go with the grips. you'll be toasty.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 08/11/2009 12:31  

Just been looking at handlebar type muffs in the hein Gericke book, "oxford deluxe hand warmers" page 173 @£19.99, just says wind and waterproof but could do with Fur lined ones!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/11/2009 12:52  

We tried those Oxford handlebar muffs on the CG and they were a joke. Far too big but it was only a little bike. Not sure I'd have got on with them anyway. I'd like some of those hand guards on the CBR to cut down the wind chill but A) I'm not sure what they'd look like on a sports bike and B) I'm not sure they're possible to fit to a sports bike (and turn the bars to full lock).

Update Reply
Roachy @ 08/11/2009 13:32  

Never seen the hand guards Rachel so dont know anything about them, unless they are similar to whats on trails bikes?? Dont know if i would like the muffs,,,may feel as if hands are restricted?? would have to try some first....tho i do remember that my instuctor had the muffs on his old beamer back in 1990 so he must have thought they were ok........

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/11/2009 13:38  

Yeah it's the thingies (the technical term!) on adventure/trailie/motorcross bikes. You can buy them for almost any bike (I found a website but I can't remember the name and it did list the CBR but mentioned extra holes needed to be drilled because of the fairing!). This website said they don't offer crash protection so I guess that means they do on other bikes that are designed to have them??

Update Reply
Roachy @ 08/11/2009 14:34  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email