MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

News headlines: Piracy

News headlines: Piracy - Forums [Biker Match] News headlines: Piracy - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

News headlines: Piracy

My apologies,not biking related,however on the news last night a spokeswoman declared that the Somali pirates are farmers/fishermen deprived of their income therefor turning to piracy.What a load of crap! These men are well organized gangsters sharing their loot with militia for protection.The militia/warlords in turn are ensuring the country remains lawless and poverty stricken..a hell on earth.

Update Reply
excalibur @ 28/10/2009 07:58  

If they are just poor farmers and such like deprived of their income were did they get the money for guns and such !!!

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 28/10/2009 10:09  

i have some dodgy dvd's....got told they were pirate copies....does that count ?????

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/10/2009 12:22  

OMG did you get yours same place as I got mine Ian pmsl!!

Update Reply
babyharley @ 28/10/2009 22:30  

For once the French had the right idea

Update Reply
micksaway @ 28/10/2009 23:21  

dont know BH.....mine have got ,ladies in...........sheep........oops said too much lmao !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 29/10/2009 08:44  

....now why did I not see that coming Ian pmsl!!............. no sheep or ladies in mine................naughty lmao!!!

Update Reply
babyharley @ 29/10/2009 09:03  

exc - did you see Ross Kemp's documentary on the pirates? Yes, that is how they may have started off (fisherman/farmers) but as you say, now they are extremely organised units with external funding. When faced with adversity you have a choice... I feel for the family of the Brits currently held hostage.

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 29/10/2009 10:18  

Think there is a big difference in behaving this way to put food on the table and clothes on your childrens backs but surely this has turned into greed ?

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 29/10/2009 11:13  

TC, it beats me that a bunch of illiterate gunslingers can hold the worlds busiest shipping lanes hostage with the most powerful hi-tech navy's toothless in combating them. Ffs vaporize them!!

Update Reply
excalibur @ 29/10/2009 19:40  

Is it true that I read that the pirates have submarines now or is that smugglers....?

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 29/10/2009 20:25  

exsalibur the farmers and the likes are just pupets its all probably funded by british and american money in the beging but got out a hands disney probable doo well out of it too with good old johnny Dep !

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 29/10/2009 20:47  

Lol @ Neal ,i would'nt be surprised if subs were used in smuggling TC,but not in this area theres nothing to be had here worth smuggling lol. Pretty soon the whole east coast of Africa will be a no go area for merchant navy's and the only winners are the insurance companys..very lucrative for SA harbors indeed.

Update Reply
excalibur @ 29/10/2009 21:14  

They aren't proper pirates, not an eye patch, parrot or wooden leg between the lot of them!! Bunch of fraudsters!!

Update Reply
Backstreethero @ 29/10/2009 22:28  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email