MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Bottle to Throttle

Bottle to Throttle (3) - Forums [Biker Match] Bottle to Throttle (3) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Bottle to Throttle

Back on thread; being alcohol intolerant, I don't have to care! I am one of the few people who actually enjoy being breathalised! Been asked to blow into a tube twice now, both in the early hours on the way back from pubs or clubs and have been stopped for a "spot check on my vehicle". Which in copper speak means they want an excuse to breathalise the biker riding home at 2 o'clock on a Sunday morning. And both times I have always looked forward to the slight look of disappointment on the coppers face. It's funny the way the Police always give you that "really .." look when you tell them you're a biker that doesn't drink lol!

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 10/10/2009 09:25  

*being alcohol intolerant*

Is that the posh term for can't hold your beer Geoff?

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 10/10/2009 11:06  

it means he suffers side efects like wobbling round sluring words and shouting daft stuff at female bar maids being pissed !

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 10/10/2009 11:12  

Just what I was thinkig wheelie, we're all alcohol intolerant once it starts spilling back out and we can't fit any more in!

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 10/10/2009 11:15  

Just a couple of points of order... 1) It takes 1 hour to burn off a BAC of 0.016 which is the equivalent to approximately HALF a pint of a regular strength beer... Not 1 pint. And I'm talking 3.5%-4% beers. Most these days are 5% or over. 2) I wasn't in any way referring to driving/riding on the same night as drinking. I was referring to the rate at which blood alcohol content reduces over time. There is no way you can use this as a "safe" calculation for when you can drive/ride the morning after the night before, as you have no means of testing your BAC when you hit the sack. As for rallies, I've noticed that things have changed... Used to be Friday night was the heaviest drinking night and then everyone would take it easy Saturday night knowing they had a long ride home Sunday morning. Doesn't seem that way at many of them these days.

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 10/10/2009 11:24  

Must admit Lou I took it much easier on the Saturday than the Friday at the Ure rally for that reason but I did pop to the shop on Sat morning about 11 and didn't feel I should have done, talk about crap riding! Won't be doing that again...........ever!!

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 10/10/2009 11:29  

Yeah - it was a bit of a sweeping generalisation there - sorry RK! It's just that with working at so many rallies this year, I've really noticed a change in the drinking pattern... I daresay many people still go with the sensibibble tradition of boozed up Friday & easy Saturday, but I've seen a lot of people completely messed up late Saturday night and thought to myself how glad I am that I'll be leaving a few hours after them after I've packed everything up!

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 10/10/2009 11:45  

Lou i was also wrong by calling it a pint so my mistake actually! I had a good friend with a microlite some yrs back and we'd land at various clubs and have a few drinks he told me about the 1 p/hr rule although his 1 must've been triples many times cos some of the flights and landings were dodgy to say the least lol

Update Reply
excalibur @ 10/10/2009 13:03  

As someone who drinks very rarely, i could match somebody who drinks more often than me drink for drink but be far more pished than them because my body is not used to it. I personally dont believe there should be a set level to be under think it should be zero for all, no alcohol in the system at all. That way you dont get this well i can hold my drink better than him attitude and everybody knows exactly were they stand.

(unless they are pished that way , everybody knows were they fell)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 10/10/2009 14:47  

i agree with you BJ but how practical is it not to drink at all when you think about going to events and stuff where every 1 else is drinking? Speaking for my self id feel comfortable meeting people if im also drinking but knowing im riding the next day i'd limit my self to 2 drinks early on in the night just to be social and make sure id give my self plenty of time for the alcohol to wear off b4 the next day. But every 1s different and knows whats best for them selves in theory

Update Reply
yorkshireman91 @ 10/10/2009 17:03  

Is this self imposed prohibition?? do you really want to bankrupt the country ..drink and be merry just dont drive ,ride or become a nuisance and get locked up.

Update Reply
excalibur @ 10/10/2009 21:59  

if i am driving i only drink britvic orange and lemonade if i'm not well...................

Update Reply
anneka56 @ 11/10/2009 00:16  

purley for medisinal perposes ! Hic!

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 11/10/2009 00:54  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email