MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

Biker friendly hotels, bb's, pubs...

Biker friendly hotels, bb's, pubs... - Forums [Biker Match] Biker friendly hotels, bb's, pubs... - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

Biker friendly hotels, bb's, pubs...

Wonder if this would be useful...I know it would be for me....Matt could we have a totally separate section for this...and then have sub-regions like North West, North East, Midlands, Wales, South East, South West, Scotland, Ireland....or is this too much to ask?

I would love to be able to recommend so many places but it would need a proper section of its own so we can look up in that particular area....

What do other BM members think of this?

Update Reply
bikerchick1966 @ 04/09/2009 17:58  

think that is a really good idea rose, cant beat a personal recommendation and with so much choice it can be a bit hit and miss.just having a list with a geographical search and a review by another bm member would take some of the hassle out of making the choice, we must have just about covered the whole of the uk and even most of europe between us

Update Reply
julie j @ 04/09/2009 18:07  

good idea rose, think that would help a lot of peeps out <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Update Reply
dragon @ 04/09/2009 19:35  

Just got to persuade Matt it is a good idea ladies..come on BMers anymore thumbs up for this idea..if we can post as many people who would like this feature then perhaps Matt would provide it...afterall it is a site for bikers...and I would like it to be more informative..

Update Reply
bikerchick1966 @ 04/09/2009 21:42  

Great idea Rose i'm allways looking for new places to stop at and could submit any i know. Come on Mat give us what we need pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 05/09/2009 00:59  

bump

Update Reply
dragon @ 07/09/2009 11:06  

I'm off to Southern Ireland next week touring round, it would have been really handy to have a section on here to tell me where the biker friendly B&B's are. So yes PLEASE Matt can we have a section where we can post up good places to stay, wether there's secure parking etc. I'm hopeing to camp unless the weather turns nasty so maybe it could include a section on bike friendly camp sites too?? If it does I'll post any good places I find

Update Reply
nuttydriver @ 07/09/2009 11:28  

i suggested this not so long ago...and it got chucked out, i posted re biker friendly pubs cafes on good ride out routes , but good luck this time rosie !!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/09/2009 12:59  

Oh sorry Ian....I didn't see your thread....it has been one of the things I would like from this site since I joined in October 2007! Just brought the subject matter up again for discussion.....

Update Reply
bikerchick1966 @ 07/09/2009 14:18  

great minds think alike rose !!!!!!!!!!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/09/2009 16:09  

Ian great mind i think not !!!!!!!!!!!

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 07/09/2009 18:18  

Have been here beautiful views and great food, biker busy at weekends

Carbeth Inn
Blanefield
G63 9AY
Tel: 01360 770002

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 10/09/2009 23:03  

For my Northern Ireland trip Im using the site below. A similar sort of thing on this site would be great. bikerroadtrip.com...tml

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/09/2009 06:48  

For anyone touring Europe, why not try Motor Bike Hotels. These are a group of 17 hotels accross Europe, mainly in Germany. I have visited several of these and intend to do so again next year. They are all friendly hotels run by bikers who speak good English. Take a look at website at www.motor-bike-hotels.com

Update Reply
timhall @ 15/09/2009 23:13  

Again Matt, there is a lot of interest in having a button for this where we can look alphabetically at any areas ...people can post their recommendations to that area...ie, if using towns is a headache, can I suggest regions like Yorkshire, Nottinghamshire, Southern Ireland, etc...I still think this would attract a lot more people to this site..thanks!

Update Reply
bikerchick1966 @ 16/09/2009 09:35  

What is the defininition of an unfriendly biker hotel or b&b?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/09/2009 14:13  

They dont let you in if you arrive on a bike Nanu lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 16/09/2009 15:09  

Cataraptor and I went to Germany to The Bikers Farm it was great a lovely location between two lakes had plenty lovely food and it is licenced. You can look it up here bikers-farm.de with www in front. we stayed 5 or was it 4 nights B and B plenty of breakfast. Then they did food in the evening to buy or you could walk or ride into the village. Saturdays they have a live band although the one we seen was nearly dead i think. Also saturday and sunday is better to seee all the bikers and bikes. They come from all over europe for their rides out Lin

Update Reply
moonstone @ 16/09/2009 16:33  

Cheers for the link slidy, Rusty and myself want to do Ireland in May half term, this would have been a great link to have for that, however we favour the tent - do you have a link for biker friendly campsites there ? Great idea, I'd like to see this up and running too, be nice in time for Spring.......*hint hint*

Update Reply
Nutkin68 @ 02/11/2009 20:10  

Just found a biker friendly site in Ireland called Sleepy Hollow in Donegal, a small site set in natural wood surroundings - looks pretty perfect, have to see where we are going to be touring round first though

Update Reply
Nutkin68 @ 02/11/2009 20:21  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email