MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Why does it always rain at Pondarosa ?

Why does it always rain at Pondarosa ? - Forums [Biker Match] Why does it always rain at Pondarosa ? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Why does it always rain at Pondarosa ?

Me, william44 and new squeeze dmw7(dawn) looked at the forecast looks like a nice day we'll go to pondarosa , lovely dry ride there ,gets just passed Llangollan on the horse shoe pass starts raining, just wondered if anyone has had a dry day there ??? cos i've only 3 times and not had one.

Update Reply
Jaffa Jim @ 23/08/2009 20:52  

I've never been so can't answer that Q james72, welcome to the forums. Whenever I've gone to Squires (Leeds) the weather seems to get a bit colder, and sometimes rains too tho it's still dry in Hudds Usually it rains on the weekend, so I reckon we should have 2 week days for the weekend and move the weekend to weekdays

Update Reply
Sandi @ 23/08/2009 21:51  

hey welcome to the site mate. I've never heard of that place, had to Google-map it :-) Enjoy the site!

Update Reply
Matt @ 23/08/2009 22:31  

Cos it's in Wales. Easiest to assume it'll always be raining in Wales, and then you can be quite surprised when it doesn't. Same applies to Scotland. Matt, as a Manchester lad you're slipping! Ponderosa is up there with the likes of Squires, Rivington and the Cat and Fiddle as a destination for northern bikers. Reckon you've been pottering round the polders a bit too long!

Update Reply
Wills @ 23/08/2009 22:58  

Erm...Wills I hadn't heard of the Ponderosa til recently, well not unless we count the ranch on that telly programme lol

Update Reply
Sandi @ 23/08/2009 23:01  

That makes two of ya then!

Update Reply
Wills @ 23/08/2009 23:03  

Awww

Update Reply
Sandi @ 23/08/2009 23:06  

now now children , i may be a new member but Matt get yourself there (thanks for the welcome) but apart from the rain, its got some great roads.oh Wills where's Rivington then not heard ov that.

Update Reply
Jaffa Jim @ 24/08/2009 00:11  

Ponderosa isn't that the ranch in High Chaperal?

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 24/08/2009 00:21  

No dear!! 'Twas the ranch in 'Bonanza'

Update Reply
maxnod @ 24/08/2009 01:16  

errr...I've ben to the Ponderosa twice (in the same day!!!) - morning it was sunny but windy, on the way home at closing time, it was misty & wet!! James - Rivington aka Rivvi barn is just outside Bolton (actually it's just outside Horwich...which is just outside Bolton! ) - nice place - jammed packed on Sundays with bikes

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 24/08/2009 08:11  

Rivvi is a lovely place to go ... plus you ALWAYS get the ONE car owner that arrived before the bikes do, parked outside the barn, went for a walk & came back hoping to spend the rest of the day feet up in front of the telly only to find they are surrounded by bikes & are not going any place soon

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 24/08/2009 09:20  

yeah I love it when that happens Shell & they NEVER learn

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 24/08/2009 10:02  

James, the postcode is BL6 7SB which will get you straight there in Google maps or a sat nav. The official website is rivingtonhallbarn.co.uk, and the unofficial one is rivingtonbarn.com.
Anyone fancy a bit of meet there in September. Say Sep 13? If there's some positive thoughts I'll start a new thread.

Update Reply
Wills @ 24/08/2009 10:08  

OOohhh would love to its only up the road but I will be working till 8pm :-(

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 24/08/2009 11:21  

Wills, i'll be up for that on the the 13th if it goes a head,:-)

Update Reply
Jaffa Jim @ 24/08/2009 23:30  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email