MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

Wurth products

Wurth products - Forums [Biker Match] Wurth products - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

Wurth products

While most are probably switched on about bikey type stuff, as you all know, i'm a complete cabbage. Anyhoo, went to see John(my mechanic) for some chain gubbins and he recommended Wurth dry lube along with the chain and brake cleaner. 'Do i really need to clean it? Its been like that for years' says I'Well the lube would work better if you clean it' says John'Does it involve wearing paper suits, using brushes and taking the bike apart to do it?' says I'Nooooo just spray it on and spin the back wheel' says John'Can i just put it on the centre stand and put it in 1st?' says I'Even easier, just spray it on, and stand back, dont stand behind it to spray it' says John'Hmmmmm, it cant be that easy' says IWell fook me, its amazing stuff! I have discovered that my chain is GOLD! In 2 years of owning the bike, i've always wanted one cos they look cool, and now i've got one....he even knocked a quid off the price of the can. Thats it, i'm hooked, i'll be getting another tin at the earliest opportunity

Update Reply
darkcarnival @ 18/08/2009 16:43  

WTG DC !!! LOL I was looking at a gold chain for my lil 125 the other day ... shhhh dont tell Ian will need his help getting it on

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 18/08/2009 16:51  

bling chains....whatever next lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/08/2009 16:53  

chains aint wot they used to be!! never cleaned mine jus a bit o spray grease now an then have adjusted it about 3-4 times 13,000 miles an still goin strong! my triumph front tyres dont last very long though, crap they are!!

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 18/08/2009 16:59  

PMSL at DC, Gold chain lovin!!!

Update Reply
Retrowheely @ 18/08/2009 17:12  

i shouldnt really comment.....my blackbird chain is gold

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/08/2009 17:14  

arnt gold chains a wee bit chavvy????? if any one wants me im hidin behind the sofa

Update Reply
julie j @ 18/08/2009 17:32  

Yr speaking to the woman who has gold wheels on her car too Julie.....know what i mean? S'bling innit?

Update Reply
darkcarnival @ 18/08/2009 17:36  

well if you`re gonna go for it, no half measures, which would be the bike of choice for chavs, or do they all ride scooters? are there any chav bikers? have i overlapped with biker or not thread?

Update Reply
julie j @ 18/08/2009 17:40  

apparently after talking to my 13 year old son....if something is good/cool....its "sick".that means good......how times have changed lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/08/2009 17:43  

Steph you will never be wurth-less again lol but then again you never have been xxx

Update Reply
petervalk @ 18/08/2009 17:57  

I love you Pete

Update Reply
darkcarnival @ 18/08/2009 18:35  

just been reading all adout this on the ducati forum, they all love it, ive got a scottoiler but it takes some fiddling with and makes a right mess, might give wurth a go when the blue stuff runs out

Update Reply
julie j @ 18/08/2009 18:51  

Have used Wurth Dry Chain Lube, and Chain Wax for years, recommended by my local friendly bike shop. Again, 8700 miles so far, and adjusted twice so far. Seems to work for me!

Update Reply
Bandit_Mr_P @ 19/08/2009 16:25  

I used to use Wurth Dry as well Julie and my chain lasted 20,000 miles so I know it's good stuff. In fact I have two full cans sat still in the bag if anyone wants to make me an offer. However, I fitted a scottoiler when I changed my chain having had them on all my other bikes in the past (except for the shaft driven ones cos that would be pointless) and now with over 38,000 miles on the clock I can honestly say I've only had to adjust my chain once. Stick to the scottoiler hun, seriously. Yeah, they can make a bit of a mess, but it's easy to wash off and I personally am willing to accept a bit of a mucky swingarm and chain guard for a chain that lasts 10,000 miles between adjustments. Your main problem as I've said before is that it was never fitted correctly. Order a new delivery kit from Scottoiler (a tenner) and bring it over to me and I'll rip the whole lot out and start again. As you know I fitted Rach's and she has only just started adjusting it according to conditions, let alone fiddling with it and so on. What I would say though is don't bother with the twin injector thing. On some bikes they are brilliant (so I'm told) but on others (those with polished swingarms especially, like mine), they keep moving around. I scrapped mine and fitted a single injector and it's been superb ever since.

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 19/08/2009 18:43  

I used to have a friend who's husband worked Wurth and spent all his time driving around as a salesman for them. They do all sorts, pricey some of it but a very sound product. He may have been biased, but I know he wouldnt have bought anything that wasnt good even if he sold it for a living, but he swore by them and everything he could use made by Wurth..........he did. Says it all to me!

Update Reply
babyharley @ 19/08/2009 20:56  

I had a scottoiler on my last bike. I found that since the scottoiler kept your chain wet it kept all the tish out of the links. Especially good if you ride all year like me.

Update Reply
Phil @ 20/08/2009 01:17  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email