MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

boy's kit v girl's kit

boy's kit v girl's kit (2) - Forums [Biker Match] boy's kit v girl's kit (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

boy's kit v girl's kit

Unfortunatly 4 me .....NO b. BOOBS....No blinking HIPS....But No problem wriggling into leathers.... (silver lining??? debatable..) Hit 3" pot holes accellerating so doind 20? He was thrown 10 yards.got up while i was rolling down tarmac...seemed for ages....many many yards any way so walked back to poor bike and then boyfriend, oops it was his mates bike too.. Him hurt wrist Me well had to sit in salt water bath 4 may days.. Agood gravel rash full lenghth of left leg..+ peg ripped open anckle....I do still have the war wound this was33yrs ago.

Update Reply
Roaring Ruby @ 18/08/2009 11:13  

I agree Roachy about Bravissimo, I recently bought a leather jacket which fitted perfectly at the waist, but had to cram my assets in quite uncomfotably , had I been able to order a jacket from bravissimo in "supercurvy" that would have been wonderful.!!! Are the manufacturers listening I wonder??? ( went to bulldog bash as a pillion on a sports bike, sooooo uncomfortable as there were two studs on the back seat that dug into my thighs,I now have two massive bruises just about starting to fade... ouch)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/08/2009 11:42  

i dont know what ya all on about...... i love dressing in ladies leather.....oops......lol...........i am disappoionted with my heine gerick textile jacket, its supposed to be 100% waterproof, i have had it 18 months, and it just lets water straight in.....i have spoke to them and i need to treat it apparently.......has anyone else found this ???

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/08/2009 11:46  

you do need to wash and then reproof your jacket, prob more often than once a year. mine gets saturated on the outside then i get very cold, but it is waterproof,ive given up wearing it without waterproofs in the rain shame really, if id have known id needed waterproofs over it i would have got something a lot cheaper

Update Reply
julie j @ 18/08/2009 12:31  

thanks julie, i will try treating it

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/08/2009 12:52  

Not sure theres enuf cows about to make a set of leathers to fit my ass Blues - hope that thick skinned remark wasnt aimed ay my squashing you lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 18/08/2009 14:54  

Ian, Take it to the Zoo... That's a real treat :) LOL

Update Reply
Bandit_Mr_P @ 18/08/2009 15:06  

??????? @ Ian

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/08/2009 15:58  

shell wish i had some hips to fill out the girly leathers! You really dont Julie ... well not as much as mine... lol ... what i would give to be all one size !!! Hips of 12, waist of 10 & a top that is 16/18 depending on sizes I will never get a good set of leathers to fit me well , even womens things that fit on the hips are too big on the waist.

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 18/08/2009 16:24  

think we are all mismatched in some way shell, dont reckon the average sized woman actually exists!

Update Reply
julie j @ 18/08/2009 16:33  

If she does there are lots of women with voodoo dolls of her

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 18/08/2009 16:37  

So why are you all complaining on this forum?? Get yourselves together and write a load of letters to the big names in motorcycle clothing individually; Hein Gericke, FT, RST etc. The other option (although it didn't work out too well for Frag unfortunately) is to go the made to measure route. I know, after all, not all men can fit into off the peg gear either. £350 for a two piece suit made out of leather that you are unlikely to ever find on an off the peg suit. Ok, it fits like a sod for the first couple of weeks (although I didn't have much in the way of bruises and cuts unlike my previous BKS suits), but now I prefer the suit to my textiles for comfort on the bike! And ok, because of how thick and heavy the leather is I wear braces to hold the trousers up when they're not zipped to the jacket. But if I was to go down the road (which could be nasty cos I'm out of practise) I know what I'd prefer to be wearing. But if you prefer the convenience of off the peg but can't get your dream size, no matter how much you're willing to pay out for it, then get writing.

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 18/08/2009 21:42  

has any one had buffalo leathers? what are they like in terms of sizing and quality?

Update Reply
julie j @ 18/08/2009 23:02  

A lot larger and much hairier.

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 19/08/2009 08:01  

your on good form geoff !!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/08/2009 08:34  

I think it might have been Buffalo I tried on at the shop at Squires. They fit quite well, the best any leathers have and where quite thick and supple leather if I recall. I couldn't flex me knees very well in them, I remember that. Think they were about £120 but I haven't seen them since I'm afraid.

Update Reply
Roachy @ 19/08/2009 08:36  

they may be HIDEing them !!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/08/2009 08:43  

OMG, first Geoff, now you. You pair of pillocks! LOL!

Update Reply
Roachy @ 19/08/2009 09:15  

Rach it was the richa leathers that looked fantastic on you, seem to remember that if you were just walking around they were perfect but no good for stretching over a sports bike, and with you riding from dawn to dusk you need to be comfy,just dont think us girls are seen as serious motorcyclists who do ride all day,think you said we had done 350 or more miles on our last day coming back from ireland,cant do that if your gear doesnt fit right

Update Reply
julie j @ 19/08/2009 09:41  

This was a difference time Julie, back in Oct I think. They fitted really well but just felt too tight around the back and side of the knee but I have a problem area there that you don't have. They were a lot better fit than the Richa ones I tried on with you. Which were the ones that the guy tried to sell us, the ones made from paper thin leather!

Update Reply
Roachy @ 19/08/2009 09:48  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email