MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Tattoos...got any? Getting any?

Tattoos...got any? Getting any? (3) - Forums [Biker Match] Tattoos...got any? Getting any? (3) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Tattoos...got any? Getting any?

each to there own me thinks, i like it when people have tattoos ts express perhaps how they feel, or a memory..or in fact design there own

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/08/2009 00:59  

My 'Ol ladies got some nice work on her leg and arm. When she's got the money going extend it up the leg to her back. Will look very nice when its done. As for me,got one arm covered and working on the other one. When their done then the back will start to get done.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/08/2009 01:05  

nice....the prices seem to differentiate so much, i paid 300 quid for one on my left arm at the tattooist in macclesfield, spoke to a local one around here , said it would of been 180, but i know the one i use is one of the best

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/08/2009 01:13  

Like most things cheapest isn't always the best. Most people i know that have them done stick to the same tattooist regardless of price. If you go to the same one all the time they normally give you a special rate for being a returning customer.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/08/2009 01:16  

RK the green&blue ink on mine starts itching when in the sun on a very hot day and looks the same as goosebumps..had mine put on in Scotland 40yrs ago , one on each forearm ...peacock and crucifix , wont have another but i think they're great on male or female

Update Reply
excalibur @ 15/08/2009 02:38  

A sign in a tattoists I went into recently: "A good tattoo isn't cheap A cheap tattoo isn't good"

Update Reply
cissystar650 @ 15/08/2009 04:14  

Another thought... what aftercare do you use when you have just had a tattoo? I used to use vaseline, but was told at the weekend that an ingredient in it "drew the colour out" and could actually spoil it..(never happened to me before)... someone esle I know uses nappy rash cream (yes, really)... I have resorted to germoline cream and or savlon... but no doubt someone will tell me that's wrong too lol The tatts I have just had done are the first to have any real colour in them... so will see what happens to them!

Update Reply
cissystar650 @ 15/08/2009 05:04  

got one on my right forearm done about 30 years ago,always meant to have more but never got round to it

Update Reply
pondlife @ 15/08/2009 08:21  

Always used soap and water but last time used nappy rash cream and healed alot quicker.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/08/2009 09:29  

Will stop and get some!! Cheers Ric! Speak after the weekend

Update Reply
cissystar650 @ 15/08/2009 09:31  

Cissy ric is spot on with the nappy cream best i have found is BEPANTHEN makes a big difference

Update Reply
punkdude @ 15/08/2009 10:00  

I always liked tatts but would never have one as I have needle phobia then one day in a moment of madness i agreed it was a ONE off ( well was supposed to be ) I have a dragon on back of shoulder at mo ......and in a couple of weeks am planning to even it up for a very special reason.... My son is off to afghan and he has designed me a dragon and I am having his name put into the dragons body he will be there when I have it done and at the same time he is having another one done with my name in it....So no matter where he is in the world I will have part of him with me always.

Update Reply
jabecs @ 15/08/2009 10:29  

Yep...thats what the artist sold me.... THREE times a day.... I ve got 1/2 a tube left....all healed fab....Want it?

Update Reply
Roaring Ruby @ 15/08/2009 11:32  

Don't like em never really have, it's the old person sat on a beach over tanned all wrinkled up that don't appeal lol. True some designs are true works of art but just not for me!

Update Reply
Hull750Rider @ 15/08/2009 14:12  

I just have the one tattoo, no plans for any more. A pic is in my profile. I dont mind tattoo's on other people as long as they are artistic and meaningful to the person. Some tattoos just look a mess.

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 15/08/2009 14:58  

Its all about individual choice,like the type of bike you ride or the music you listen too.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/08/2009 15:27  

Very true, just as I dont like some music or some bikes, I dont like some peoples tattoo's. I wouldnt ever say anything to them, as it is personal choice, and if asked a direct question, I can still find something nice to say in any bad situation.

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 15/08/2009 17:43  

well,my views seem to have won support from the males on this site thanks guys for the p.m's you know who you are!

Each to their own tho,if tatts make you feel good about yourself then that's fine, I wear make-up,nails done,hair teased to perfection and that might not be everyones cuppa tea either!! thank god for diversity i say!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/08/2009 20:27  

PD... bought some Bepanthen on the way home (yes I am home...but let's not go there as to why!)... will try it cos the wrist tatts are very sore after riding the bike all day! Cheers!

Update Reply
cissystar650 @ 15/08/2009 20:34  

I have to agree folks---bepanthen worked well for me (approx 50hrs of tatts) but I did find that for new tatts it was best to leave tube on radiator for 5 mins which made it a lot easier to apply to new tatts, then straight from the tube after a few days..

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/08/2009 22:10  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email