MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Meteor Show

Meteor Show (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Meteor Show (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Meteor Show

at all posts. Thanx

Update Reply
Roaring Ruby @ 12/08/2009 10:57  

Heh heh exc, I whipped it out and showed her the stars! *cough* Haven't been to Kalahari but have seen the stars over Kruger a few Christmases ago.... without the aid of rum or a rock!

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 12/08/2009 11:04  

Ohh TC Can you really see the Northern Lights from the moors? I would love to see them and thought it was only Scotland where they were apparant. What time of year is best and where about on the moors? I will be looking ot for the meteror shower tonight and tomorrow. Though I wont be lying on my back all I would see is the office ceiling LOL. Happy Spotting and hope its not too hard with your telescope I mean dont strain yourself now!

Update Reply
moonstone @ 12/08/2009 11:53  

Oops, sorry... meant the moors just above my town (in Scotland). I did have a site bookmarked that notified me of when the lights could be seen. If I find it I will post the address. pssst - luckily mine comes with a tripod attachment

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 12/08/2009 11:57  

if it clears here i may take bikey to high ground[Hardys monument springs to mind!!]with bag an flask!! an a camera.

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 12/08/2009 12:13  

I'd like to volunteer to help TC with his telescope and it's tripodic attachment Mr Mannerin i'd like very much to be that person sir!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/08/2009 15:38  

stupid girl!

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 12/08/2009 16:49  

We're all doomed! Doomed, I tell ye!

Solid cloud cover round these parts at the mo Hope it clears up - especially down your way TM - I'd love to see the photos

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 12/08/2009 17:14  

cloudin over here so Hardys monument will not be visited by the look of it!!

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 12/08/2009 18:00  

TM

i'll be looking at the heavens tonight
seriously, I hope to see something. thanks for the info TC x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/08/2009 18:05  

you're not alone LILchic, i'll be looking too weather permitting...lie on your back get comfy and enjoy ps. watch out for TC's tripod lol

Update Reply
excalibur @ 12/08/2009 18:28  

hmmm....I may have a nip out onto the moors (Penines) to have a gander when it gets dark....shame I shall be on me own...no TC & no tripod (hope I don't inadvertantly wander into the **ahem** local dogging area!!..now THAT would be scary !! ) errr...TC - love the new piccy

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 12/08/2009 18:56  

The BBC News were interviewing people who had gone out to watch this and from the mouth of one bloke from up Darlington way came this profundity when asked about it.

Well it's an opportunity to see a unique event, to watch something you'll never see again...

... well not until August 12th next year. the clue is in the title, Annual Meteor Shower.

No one ever got poor by underestimating the intelligence of the general public.

Update Reply
vinnie @ 13/08/2009 08:47  

I have been looking out for it rather intensley but my friend whom had not read or knew anything about it, happened to look up whilst in her garden Tuesday night, seen these speeding lights! She was not aware they were more than likely the meteorites until I suggested they maybe were. Blumming typical !LOL

Update Reply
moonstone @ 13/08/2009 11:29  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email