MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

weekend

weekend - Forums [Biker Match] weekend - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

weekend

Departed Langley at around 6am heading for Holywell North Wales to visit a certain Fallen Angel (who incidentally doesnt seem to post much on here)and after a few fag breaks and a petrol stop (annoyed at £1.08 a litre ) on the way arrived around 12.15.After a cuppa and umm things back on Buttercup heading for Betws-Y-Coed for a spot of lunch and a wander.Then off again on a circuitous route back to Holywell via Bala,Ffestinniog and various other unpronounceable places on roads that can only be described as a biker's paradise.Long sweeping curves,smooth surfaces that your tyres adhere to with no problem whatsoever and a passenger that seemed to become part of the bike and who you wouldn't know was there.Several fag breaks to take in the scenery and the odd spot of tonsil tennis lol back at Holywell at 7pm,Tired but happy.Enormous breakfast sunday morning cooked by said Fallen Angel before departing Holywell at around 2pm and after several fag breaks and a petol stop (even more annoyed at £1.10 a litre )arrived back at Langley around 7pm. Two days and 615 miles,great company and perfect biking weather with Buttercup behaving superbly.What a weekend!!!

Update Reply
pondlife @ 10/08/2009 07:28  

Glad u had a great time pondlife. But 'Buttercup'....?!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 10/08/2009 07:55  

Sounds like you had a great riding weekend Pond , mine was good too , had a nice rideout on saturday also decent roads not too busy great weather , sunday... my old buddy rocking up for a visit from scar'bro totally unplanned lots of cold beers ending with a bbq late afternoon before they headed home . Terry's not into bikes though , a bit scared of them too and no way's that he'll take a pilly on one says i'm too old and should hang up my boots already ha ha...a pity that cos ended up stuck at home the whole day lol

Update Reply
excalibur @ 10/08/2009 07:58  

Your absence was noted at The Museum Of Power. Sorry we didnt get to meet you but so pleased you had a good time.
The MOP was really good but sounds like your weekend was more interesting and scenic.
Cataraptor and I had a great weekend at his hideaway and meeting up with Sumodwarf. Twas lovely meeting you and seeing your aerobatics mounting a bike 3 times your size LOl. Look forward to meeting more BM folks at the Rose and Crown Portway next weekend for Ryans Ride.

All the best
Lin x

Update Reply
moonstone @ 10/08/2009 08:13  

PMSL at Tonsil tennis!!!!

Update Reply
Retrowheely @ 10/08/2009 08:26  

Our road signs may be difficult to the untrained eye, but our red roads are good.Glad to hear about ur perfect weekend in WALES. Try further south one day-petrol much cheaper!

Update Reply
Roaring Ruby @ 10/08/2009 08:31  

Sorry Moonstone,I got my dates mixed up didnt relise until I got home sunday night! Rube,the petrol was on the motorway services.Stafford on the way up and Hilton Park on the way down 2WF,like that one did you lol

Update Reply
pondlife @ 10/08/2009 09:02  

what does pmsl mean anyone?

Update Reply
Roaring Ruby @ 10/08/2009 09:11  

p1$$ed myself laughing

Update Reply
pondlife @ 10/08/2009 09:12  

U TAKING THE PISS out of ME???? STILL

Update Reply
Roaring Ruby @ 10/08/2009 09:20  

PMSL "piss my self laughing" ROFL "roilling on the floor laughing" (often typed ROLF but means same) WMSL "wet my self laughing" LMFAO "laugh my fookin arse off" FOCLMAO "fell off my chair laughing my arse off" loads more been used in MSN chat and chat rooms/forums all over the world lol MYOB "mind you own buisness/beeswax" and so on

Update Reply
Hull750Rider @ 10/08/2009 09:23  

NOOOOO!!! you asked what it meant,I told you

Update Reply
pondlife @ 10/08/2009 09:23  

OOOOOOOOOOOWWW Iget it now!!!! sorry Pond, LMFAO!!!!! Well thank you H7R Im now up to speed.U R a Stillpeeing myself laughing!!!!! Pond Forgive me? .... a bit of a blond bicker bitch/babe/bum x still

Update Reply
Roaring Ruby @ 10/08/2009 09:34  

Great company, perfect weekend what more could anyone want looking forward to next one. pissing down today lol but at least it was dry the weekend with pond lets hope next weekends ride out is as nice hey

Update Reply
fallen angel @ 10/08/2009 09:35  

Sounds like you had a great weekend PL.... me too, except no 'tonsil tennis' for me (what a great expression lol).. I rode miles round and about in Bristol, following someone who rides like they stole it most of the time! A mate rang me and said "where are you?"...erm... ummm.... no idea! Saw two great bands, Crossfire and No More Heroes... drank just a likkle bit and thoroughly enjoyed myself!

Update Reply
cissystar650 @ 10/08/2009 09:38  

Hey Pond, Yep like that, not heard it before. A great way to start the day, laughing away! Hey look! i could be a poet??? Cheers 2Wheely

Update Reply
Retrowheely @ 10/08/2009 10:26  

A brilliant weekend, including some great networking and sparkly goodies purchasing and a real treat Saturday, seeing Gary Moore perform at "Vibes from the Vines"

And the POSHEST port-a-loos I've ever encountered at a music festival, complete with proper flushing loos, hot & cold properly running water, tasteful spotlighting, art on the flipping walls AND moisturiser dispensers!

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 10/08/2009 10:35  

erm, WB - they weren't portaloos, that was Gary Moore's private trailer.....

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 10/08/2009 12:19  

Ooops... I noticed the letters PRIV... I figured it was "PRIVIES"... must learn to speed-read when I'm going in search of the facilities

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 10/08/2009 12:22  

Hey. . .way to go pond and fallen. . that sun has a lot to answer for!! Good on you for helping to fill the world with smiley people

Update Reply
Alice2 @ 10/08/2009 17:14  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email