MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Thanks to Matt

Thanks to Matt (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Thanks to Matt (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Thanks to Matt

Thanks for a great site Matt

Update Reply
feistygirl @ 30/07/2009 07:51  

Do we have to keep thanking him? his head will swell... ahhh well... spose i best show my appreciation.. thanks...boss. hahahahahahaha.... Tha knos tha does a good job! Some people might not understand quite what goes on behind the scenes, but it aint all plain sailing..no way!! ( you should see the hissy fits he has in our Mods emails.. teddies outta the cot, bat and ball taken home...jeeezzzz) hehehehe So .. ok.. i suppose a pat on the back is deserved .. well done that man ! and keep up the good work

Update Reply
Karey @ 30/07/2009 09:01  

think i am going to be sick ...

Update Reply
Puds @ 30/07/2009 09:41  

You shouldn't have drunk so much last night....lol

Update Reply
Wills @ 30/07/2009 09:48  

LOL, it was all the cider, and seeing another thank you thread, you awill be thanking the Queen next, come on, how many more thank you threads do we have to have, how about a a thread about biking, (whoops sorry) i should not say that .....

Update Reply
Puds @ 30/07/2009 09:53  

Oh Puds... You just say what I am thinking Bless Ya!! (Oh... I don't mean to offend anyone by using the term 'bless ya'....) PUDS....... THANKYOU!! lololol

Update Reply
cissystar650 @ 30/07/2009 11:16  

Cissystar650, I have horrible habbit of saying what other people are thinking and are not quite brave enough to say it lol, You only have one life, live it and enjoy it, and never be afraid to say what you think, I know I am not always right, and I love to debate, and dont believe that you should always follow the leader. When proven that my point of view is wrong, I will try to understand, and except it. (like hell do I) hehe,

Update Reply
Puds @ 30/07/2009 11:57  

Matt, Cassie & I both share the sentiments of those previous posts on this thread by those genuine members who have demonstrated tact, diplomacy and respect for all the hard work you have done to create and maintain this site. Forget the small-minded comments mate, you have created a site that has changed my life for the better and don't let the comments of a few deter from the heart felt thoughts of the rest of us.

Update Reply
Blueboy955i @ 30/07/2009 14:01  

lol thanks everyone (sorry, another 'thanks' post). I think I too am gonna be sick. Kaz, pass me back my teddies please

Update Reply
Matt @ 30/07/2009 14:10  

See even Matt agrees, <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p> <o:p></o:p> How about having a whole “thank you” section, like the happy birthday one, There really are to many Thank you threads.. I am sure Poor Matt must get embarrassed… <o:p></o:p> <o:p></o:p> Ps. were you out drinking cider as well last night. lol<o:p></o:p>

Update Reply
Puds @ 30/07/2009 14:30  

Blueboy955i, ( do ya need a chil pill) nowhere on this thread is there anything been said against Matt, I have just read it all again, I made a comment about to many "Thank you" thread, there are currently 3 running... I made a joking comment about I was going to be sick,,,, as i didnt want to see any more off them We all know what Matt does for this site, I am sure he does not have to be thanked every other month,

Update Reply
Puds @ 30/07/2009 14:44  

Puds, I have no need for any 'chill pills', perhaps others should get some though. I don't see what the big issue is with 'Thank You' threads and I would be interested in finding out why some of you have such a problem with them. Good manners, in my book - simple as that!

Update Reply
Blueboy955i @ 30/07/2009 14:49  

*passes out the chill pills* whether needed or not... I think the idea of just one huge thankyou thread is a good one and it might be easier to trawl through than all the seperate ones. Matt obviously runs this site as a business, and I am sure he does a very good job at it, but I doubt we thank Mr Sainsbury every time we buy a nice pack of strawberries.... we are ALL customers at the end of the day, paying money for a service, so maybe its us that should get the thanks for paying our subs?

Update Reply
cissystar650 @ 30/07/2009 14:57  

hay Blueboy955i have ya got some.... lol Chill pills. (give them here) whooooooooops now now be sensible Puds.. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p> Lol I just think that we don’t need a thank you thread for everyone and thing. BC started one ages ago and it was great, but now we have 3, I would like to see more different threads, I have been trying hard to start a few off, to get the site moving and not to be boring. Different stuff, to get people debating, and not to make it look like a clicky site, where ya have to say thanks for everything. we need to encourage more post,

Update Reply
Puds @ 30/07/2009 14:57  

Thanks for offering an explanation Puds.. Sorrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyy I'm just amazed at the type of comments we've had on here lately.. each to their own and all that.. but is it really necessary to get into bickering and sarcasm?? C'mon peeps.. lets get BM back to the Friendly site we all know and love. There's an awful lot of good stuff going on at the moment, our first rally, organised through BM members, our fundraising, the competition, the various meets, not to mention all the really valuable help and advice given on so many differnent subjects.. bike related or not. I'm just trying to get this site moving in a positive way again.. if anyone shoots me down or disagrees... well, at least I've tried. I get enough stress at work.. !! PS.. Matt you can have your teddies back..but they're all battered and bruised!

Update Reply
Karey @ 30/07/2009 15:36  

well said kaz....ps cut the heads off the teddies !!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/07/2009 15:56  

Nope... cos I'm nice like that I've just pulled some fur out and twisted their heads round in a frustrated manner instead

Update Reply
Karey @ 30/07/2009 15:59  

Can I have the teddies,, and Karey do ya really want to to be shot down dead, lol *** laughs out loud******* Runs off to get a gun

Update Reply
Puds @ 30/07/2009 16:26  

Puds.. i never mentioned being shot down dead?! Shot down by words maybe..no gun needed. Dunno why you need the teddies..you dont even like hugs!! lmao *****Laugh My Ar*se Off*****

Update Reply
Karey @ 30/07/2009 16:48  

Cissy, you clearly have no idea then! Do you think I still have a day-job because I like working? Do you think I enjoy putting my own money into the site to help advertise it when the subs don't cover the costs? At the moment the subs are NOT covering the running costs (Mainly the damn advertising costs), and I'm having the 'top up the pot' with my own cash every week. And that's because I enjoy running the site, and for the people here. It's also because I don't want to put the subs costs up (You find another site for a quid a week!) match.com etc have thousands of people paying. We don't even have hundreds. It's only a handful of people here who contribute, the rest just keep their free accounts as they're happy with the standard/free features. If I'm a businessman, then I'm a crap one. This is just a hobby for me

Update Reply
Matt @ 30/07/2009 17:09  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email