MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Thanks to Matt

Thanks to Matt - Forums [Biker Match] Thanks to Matt - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Thanks to Matt

After reading Matt's post re the comp, I for one am downhearted he feels as he does. So heres a place for everyone to say thier thankyou's to him. I know we all have our moments, but I guess he does feel bad lately. From me Matt, once again thank you for the miles Ian & I have done not just for the comp but also from meeting some great people on the site you put together. Thank you for taking all ideas on board & when you can making changes as fast as you can when you can & then working on others. Thanks for all the new friends I have made & for those I will make in the future & for the laughs I have had & those I will no doubt have. & a big hug ... just because !!!

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 28/07/2009 17:41  

matt, i think everyone realises how much effort you put in to the site, and we all appreciate it, i only had one friend before joining....now i have none...only joking, i have found some genuine people on here matt and its down to your site, so many thanks, i think we can all jump in and offer opinions and we have all learned recently that sometimes are own comments can come across as negative....but be assured we all appreciate the effort you put in along with your staff, and dont forget the offers of help you get buddy. From "The king of Drivel"

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/07/2009 17:50  

For my two penn'orth I was until recently a trustee of a lorry drivers association and know how hard a webmaster works in the background with little or no thanks from the rank and file.When the website is working nothing is said but if theres ever a problem all hell lets loose!! I also know how hard you have to work in organising things.Scrounge raffle prizes,get the tickets printed etc.Being an association we were required by law to hold an annual AGM for which we had to book and pay for a venue big enough to hold a majority of the membership but very seldom did anyone but the trustees turn up! Many people suggested we should run competitions or show days or organise a christmas party but would anyone volounteer to help organise it? Would they buffalo! The general excuse was I have to work so don't have time,we the trustees were also working lorry drivers but we were supposed to have time. I've only been a member here for a short while and I dont want anybody to think I am rude,arrogant or ignorant before you have had the chance to get to know me properly but remember people,this website doesnt run itself and competition prizes dont fall out of trees.Maybe you should think about setting your camera on that wall you find by a lot of roadsigns (especially the more rural ones)and using the timer function. To coin a phrase *simples*

Update Reply
pondlife @ 28/07/2009 18:19  

aw shucks. Thanks guys I am run off my feet recently. I've asked my employer if I can do 80% part time at my day-job so I can have more free time for BM... but I've no chance at the moment as we're 50% short of staff. So for now I've gotta stick to 40 hours a week there plus another 40 at least on BM But it's worth it lol. I see you all having fun, and I do get people saying thanks. All those of you who meet partners etc, always makes me feel good about starting the website in the first place. About a year back I was close to selling the site actually though. It was costing more to run and advertise than it was bringing in. I battled through though and I'm still balancing the book ok. Still gotta keep my day job though :-( There's lots ahead, and I'm always here to help. All suggestions are always welcome, and if you feel I'm fobbing your idea off then there will be a genuine reason for doing so. And for those ungrateful moaners... ***rasberry smiley!!!!

Update Reply
Matt @ 28/07/2009 18:32  

Hey Matt me ol china! DLTBGYD And i happen to know a witch (smashing lass) who brews a 'chill-out' potion. Let us know when yr next in town, an I'll make sure she lites her cauldron. An appreciative XK

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/07/2009 18:48  

Those were dark days indeed last year when Matt was discussing the future of the site. Matt is incredibly modest. Everything you see on the site he has written by hand and it took about three years to build and all his pocket money. I've seen him make changes to the site in real time. I am personally amazed at his programming skills. I wish i could do it, my Visual Basic is terrible and my VBA even worse but very slowly getting there.

Update Reply
Phil @ 28/07/2009 19:48  

Sorry to hear about your VBA getting worse, pagan. Have you asked for a 2nd opinion?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/07/2009 19:51  

hahah XK, brilliant. And thanks Phil

Update Reply
Matt @ 28/07/2009 19:59  

Matt,

I've only been on here a few weeks and have only met one person so far but this site has given me so much to look forward to since parting ways with my ex and looking for a fresh start! Keep up the great work and if you need any help with sales or marketing i'd be happy to help you if I can.

Thank you for giving me some direction!

RK

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 28/07/2009 20:20  

Thanks Matt!

Update Reply
bikerchick1966 @ 28/07/2009 21:16  

Matt I defo would like to say a huge thanks... as testimony says if it wasn't for your site I wouldn't be the happier little biker I am now... I have enjoyed being a member and one time moderator with BM, met some very special peeps.... had plenty of laughs and created some great memories alone the way... so thank you LOADS!!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/07/2009 22:04  

Big hugs from me too Matt. Joined in some trepidation as a non-bike owner seeking some rides and am having an amazing time. Bought the gear thanks to BM friendly advice and been flying!! Love the site. . you never feel alone. Thankyou X

Update Reply
Alice2 @ 28/07/2009 22:41  

all I can say is that this site is Brill Have met loads of loverly people & had some great outings. It's kept me sane (?) for a long time & I would be lost without it. So yes, THANKS MATT

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 29/07/2009 12:33  

I joined while still 12k k's away and the site has helped me in a big way in organizing my life , not forgetting personal help from a good friend ...Thanx Matt.

Update Reply
excalibur @ 29/07/2009 17:28  

Matt You dont realise how much difference this site has made to my life! I know I am not the only one that feels that way. Sorry I didnt do the photo comp I told you I wanted to stop at Wankum to do it but the storm never let me do it.LOl I would volunteer my help in any way I can for you or the site. I did vote on the piccies though and those that have taken part have done a fantastic job. It was really funny doing the voting I enjoyed it far more than i thought I would. Lin x Thanks for all your time and hard work Matt and the other contributers to this wonderful site.

Update Reply
moonstone @ 29/07/2009 18:00  

I'd like to add my thanks also to you Matt, this is a fab site, and you do a brilliant job of running it, so a big to you for all your hard work

Update Reply
Dragon13 @ 29/07/2009 18:12  

thanks matt without this site i wouldnt have met the great friends i have now or my fella so keep up the gud work its very much appreciated

Update Reply
caz36 @ 29/07/2009 19:21  

Just make sure you've all got a spare bed for me if I go for a trip around the the UK!

Update Reply
Matt @ 29/07/2009 23:30  

Yes boss! lol

Update Reply
Sandi @ 29/07/2009 23:32  

Well, Matt, between Mr P & I you can have 2 beds .. acually 4 spare beds, a sofa bed & a futon so take your pic . I am glad so many people responded to this post, thanks all, see matt, you have so many thanks for so many reasons. Keep up the good work , please

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 30/07/2009 07:23  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email