MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Technical Motorbike Help

Scott oiler isn't flowing

Scott oiler isn't flowing - Forums [Biker Match] Scott oiler isn't flowing - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Technical Motorbike Help /

Scott oiler isn't flowing

Does anyone know a simple way of getting this working again? Mates hubby had a look at it for me but still no joy :o( Sue (with the rather dry chain!!) lol

Update Reply
VFRSue @ 27/07/2009 00:58  

well i believe that they function from the carb / suction etc......but i had one that stopped flowing , and i drew the oil through manually and it started working again.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/07/2009 01:03  

So I gotta suck it and see!! lol

Update Reply
VFRSue @ 27/07/2009 01:27  

well errrrrrr........yes sue,glad you said that...i wouldnt be so rude lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/07/2009 01:32  

Check that the valve opens when you start the engine firstly. You can see the yellow valve body at the top of the scottoiler move when the engine starts. If the valve body moves then it should just be a case of checking the tubing from the scottoiler to the nib, including taking the nib off and cleaning it through with a needle and wd40. Then prime the system again and away you should go. If the valve body doesn't move then it's either the vacuum pipe from the engine to the scottoiler or the diaphram within the scottoiler itself. Give scottoiler a ring themselves, they are very helpful.

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 27/07/2009 08:04  

do you have a contact number for sue geoff ???, the only thing wrong with mine was it couldnt shift a air block...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/07/2009 08:17  

0141 955 1100 Google is your friend!

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 27/07/2009 12:00  

not mine !!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/07/2009 19:29  

Check the vavle is opening by starting the engine or gently sucking on the vacuum pipe. if it is opening turn the flow control to max conect your refil bottle to the filler tube and gently squeeze. This will force the oil through the feed pipe.(with the valve open) Check it's not blocked first as Geoff said.

Update Reply
lezg @ 27/07/2009 20:20  

I Remember my one of these have a priming setting aswell, you may need to do that first! Just remember to set it back to normal before any longer trips, ooops! guess who forgot

Update Reply
Retrowheely @ 28/07/2009 17:41  

Scottoiler also do a repair service. mine and frags were playing up and so we sent them to Scottoiler. they have a repair or replace and a very discounted rate policy.

Update Reply
Phil @ 28/07/2009 19:52  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email