MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Sat nav holder

Sat nav holder - Forums [Biker Match] Sat nav holder - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Sat nav holder

Was just lookin at the new Givi S850...i need a sat nav holder as my tank bag isnt really practical and seems to be loosin its stick!Problem is the Givi isnt in the UK til Sept and i'm away week after next!Anyone got any other ideas or universal holders? Gotta fit a TomTom Go520.

Update Reply
mozie @ 25/07/2009 22:37  

pm biffo bear, she knows all about sat nav holders, she got a universal waterproof box to mount on the bars off tinternet last yr i`m sure she can give you all the info you need

Update Reply
julie j @ 25/07/2009 22:56  

Cheers hun...i'll do just that!

Update Reply
mozie @ 25/07/2009 23:03  

Lol...tried finding her...says user name does not exist. Hey ho.

Update Reply
mozie @ 25/07/2009 23:05  

ive sent her a message, looks like shes gone but she should still get the email so we will just have to wait and see what happens, its in the forums somewhere, think it was last autumn winter someone must remember,there was a lot of interest

Update Reply
julie j @ 25/07/2009 23:13  

this will require a bit of drilling but have a look at otterbox.com and ram-mount-uk.com. you should be able to fit the tomtom in the otterbox and if you drill a hole in the box you can run power and audio out. the ram mount will attach the otter box to you bike.

Update Reply
Phil @ 25/07/2009 23:26  

Cheers Julie. Pagan...the only one i can find with a clear screen is this one...but it looks as tho my TomTom might fit! Ta.

Update Reply
mozie @ 25/07/2009 23:36  

Hi Julie please could you publish results on here as i would be interested in trying to mount my tomtom (Sat nav) on my bike too Thanks x

Update Reply
moonstone @ 25/07/2009 23:57  

i will let you all know if i hear anything. the tom tom worked pretty well for me in a tank bag,couldnt hear it at motorway speeds but slowing down for junctions with volume on full it was good enough to stop me getting lost,see if you can borrow a tank bag moonstone just to try it, if you are not doing speeds where road noise drowns it out and if you can get some power sorted the tom tom works quite well,even if you have to pull over now and then to have a look its better than nothing.The bike ones are very expensive by comparison but much better, prob only need one of those if you are doing lots of long trips on unfamiliar routes

Update Reply
julie j @ 26/07/2009 10:00  

Agree with Pagan. Ram mount is pretty good kit and they do a huge array of different sat nav mounts and mounting bits and pieces. Good quality too. Mine hasn't moved/corroded/loosened in over 30,000 miles.

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 26/07/2009 10:31  

if youre gonna get the givi in sept dont go spending too much dosh mozzie when you say its not over here does that mean you could get one elsewhere?

Update Reply
julie j @ 26/07/2009 11:01  

Yeah could prob get one from the US i guess...

Update Reply
mozie @ 26/07/2009 11:28  

A link to the thread Julie mentioned http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/forum/posts.asp?to...ic_id=2588

Update Reply
Sandi @ 26/07/2009 22:51  

Blues found this ram-mount.com/CatalogResults/PartDetails/t...spx

Update Reply
Phil @ 26/07/2009 23:08  

blimey Kwak, well done you i couldnt face looking must have taken you ages

Update Reply
julie j @ 26/07/2009 23:15  

*Takes a bow* LOL Julie, nope, it's pretty quick I used the search facility. In between 'Active Topics' and 'New Topic' the button that says 'Search' (no for once I'm NOT being sarcastic) give it a try. Type in 'sat nav' and it will give you all the threads that have it in. I then just looked for biffo bear's name. If Biffo hadn't STARTED the thread then yea it probably would have been difficult to find the post. (I'm a sad git with too much time on me hands, I've also got a headache I've had for 2 days and nowt is shifting it so I'm distracting meself)

Update Reply
Sandi @ 26/07/2009 23:24  

aint tetchsnoggoly wonderful! biffo just got in touch, she got her sat nav box from www.ram-mount.com bought through amazon hers is a ram aqua box . hope you get sorted!

Update Reply
julie j @ 28/07/2009 00:20  

Found it...only thing now is do i buy it direct from Ram US or their uk distributor GPSW or from Amazon (where its cheaper but they dont sell the mount)...hmmm...

Update Reply
mozie @ 29/07/2009 18:42  

Get it here... http://www.buybits.com/product/sku_3561.aspx

Update Reply
mozie @ 29/07/2009 20:05  

try touratech,they are a bit dear but good

Update Reply
sumodwarf @ 29/07/2009 22:35  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email