MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Technical Motorbike Help

Kawasaki Prop Trike

Kawasaki Prop Trike - Forums [Biker Match] Kawasaki Prop Trike - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Technical Motorbike Help /

Kawasaki Prop Trike

Hi can anyone help with info for converting a kawasaki GT550 prop drive into a trike - i have heared there is a BOLT-ON axal that can be purchaced for this model but i cant seem to find any links to one - failing that any info on the best axal to use would be appreciated thanks Paul...

Update Reply
.Paul. @ 25/07/2009 17:49  

A lot of trikes I've seen use a reliant back axle or sometimes one off a smaller BMW (car that is!). There should still be a quite a few Sierras in breakers yards as well.
Have you tried Googling trike and motorcycles? there surely must be a forum out there somewhere. Sorry if I'm telling you what you already know, BTW

Update Reply
Wills @ 25/07/2009 17:58  

If you do decide to go down the reliant axle route then you want one from the reliant estate.. They are about 6 inches narrower which may not sound like a lot but does make a difference.

Update Reply
Ozzy1000 @ 18/08/2009 19:24  

chopperbuilder.co.uk. A forum site that caters for all things chop and trike. Lots of experts on there.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 18/08/2009 20:52  

Hi Paul PM Tazant on this site he used to build trikes and knows a lot about them ! Tell him I told ya he wont mind and he knows his stuff Lin

Update Reply
moonstone @ 22/08/2009 02:14  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email