MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle News

Vfr1200t

Vfr1200t - Forums [Biker Match] Vfr1200t - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle News /

Vfr1200t

Following on from the thread about the *spied* VFR1200, I saw in last weeks MCN, the new VFR1200T, the replacement for the current Pan European. http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/newsresults/New-bikes/2009/July/jul1609-New-VRF1200T-Pan-European-replacement-revealed/ What are people's thoughts on this version of the new model? I quite like the look of it and on first impressions, I prefer the headlight arrangement on this model than the VFR1200. I'm hoping Honda don't scrap the VFR800 though, I quite fancy one of those as my next bike in about four years time.

Update Reply
Roachy @ 23/07/2009 08:02  

yeah i read it rach, i liked it too, lkks the dgog bol**ks........but i agree hope they dont scrap the vfr800

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/07/2009 08:51  

how are we supposed to form an opinion when honda do a no show at the show?

Update Reply
julie j @ 23/07/2009 09:51  

Exactly Julie. I do think not attending the show is a big mistake for Honda. They are unveiling the biggest thing in new bikes for several years and are not attending to show it off? What's that all about? I'm a little peeved at this to be honest. After being a loyal Honda customer for the last eighteen years and being their target customer for this particular bike ie early forties, moved away from sports bikes and now looking at a large sports tourer, they are running an even greater risk of me moving to another marque by not showing the new bike. I would like to buy Honda again and if they had updated the Blackbird, there would have been no choice for me, instead I find myself considering Kawasaki or Suzuki. I know many people love their Blackbirds, but the truth is that although a very good bike, it is a thirteen year old design, even my local dealer admits its simply outdated and outclassed by the modern competition. The obvious answer is the new VFR1200, but if I can't get to see one, let alone sit on one, then I ain't buying. I like the newer model Busa and every dealer I have spoken to, including my local Honda dealer who I know very well have said they are very good bikes. So sorry Mr Honda, but unless you do something to entice me and others like me back you are going to lose sales I feel. Invitation only VFR1200 weekends or similar perhaps like Kawasaki did when the ZZR1100 came out? I remember my mother sh*tting bricks when at the age of 21, I came home on a 170mph ZZR I was test riding and said "Look what I've just bought!" lol!!

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 23/07/2009 12:19  

nothing wrond with the blackbird even bnow geoff, and i think rach and i were making a opinion re the pictures in the mcn, i am quite aware that honda uk are not attending the show, which i think is very poor.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/07/2009 13:51  

Yeah, I know mate. Don't get me wrong, the blackbird is still a good bike. As far as the new VFR-T, I think it looks good. Not my cup of tea as none of the big tourers are really, but still, looks good.

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 23/07/2009 14:09  

bit like me...ok but dont look too good.........are you and rach free week on sat ? matlock f and c...???

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/07/2009 14:10  

I loved the look of the Bird wanted one from the first time I saw one. took me years to save up and finally get one which I kept for years. Not sure about the new look they are going for hopefully better in the flesh as the pics look pretty god awful to me. Just my opinion as I know we all have dif views and likes Waited years for new Bird got bored and got a BM what a mistake that was may go back to Honda one day

Update Reply
micksaway @ 24/07/2009 00:39  

still happy with my blackbird micks, its awesome, plus also scares me to death, i never get over 6,000 revs

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/07/2009 01:56  

Well ,my old girl did amazing last month and kept up with the new bikes, and I swore I would never get rid... Then I saw the 1200T... Hmmm... Maybe if I sell a kidney... :)

Update Reply
stewwolfie @ 25/07/2009 11:35  

well Rache & Geoff - you know my opinion on this - BUSA BUSA BUSA!!!!

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 25/07/2009 11:40  

thats my next bike stella, after this one

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/07/2009 16:04  

wooohooo - can I have a backy????

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 25/07/2009 19:36  

course ya can....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/07/2009 20:32  

Hold ya breath for the new Triumph tourer. They are currently testing a hashed up ST back to back with a GTR1400 and a new pan. I never said nowt me. And HFG....Can I give you a backy? pmsl ........runs and hides from the incoming slap!

Update Reply
ghosthunter @ 25/07/2009 21:57  

oi...she asked me first lmao

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/07/2009 21:59  

Mate of mine has a VFR800, he reckons if Honda ditched the V-tech off it it would be great, rather than just a good bike? Dont know what anyone else thinks but is V-tech really needed on a bike?

Update Reply
Retrowheely @ 30/07/2009 14:10  

Not sure 2WF? What about 16 valves or four cylinders? The list goes on. The reality is mate that technology, often from the track, improves our bikes every day. Yes, the early V-Techs weren't perfect, but the later ones are supposed to be very good. I used to laugh at the thought of ABS on a motorcycle. Now I'm a little reluctant to move to a bike that doesn't have it!

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 30/07/2009 16:04  

never experienced abs on a bike, but the blackbird has the cbs system....i know alot of people disconnect it, but i find the brakes really good and copeable....no nasty surprises

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/07/2009 17:48  

JIM...IAN !!!!!!!

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 30/07/2009 19:10  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email