MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

De-flowering RV's

De-flowering RV's - Forums [Biker Match] De-flowering RV's - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

De-flowering RV's

On Cassies advice I thought I'd start a new thread as this was a discussion that seems to have unfolded in the middle of geoffs ride out thread and seems to have stirred up some pretty strong feelings!

First of all Cassie, my comment on removing teeth was in fact humerous banter as was geoffs comments about noses but at the same time I think we were trying to point out that we have no objections to having 'fun' but anyone wishing to take things too far should be aware of the sonsequences of their actions. Anyone that knows me knows I am a very passive person with an excellent sense of humour! If not wanting to be abused means i'm too far up my own arse then yes you're right, that is only your opinion!
I've probably had 20 jobs in my life and have never experienced an 'initiation' and now I employ 25 people and would dismiss any member of staff immediately if they violated any other person at work either verbally or physically.
I'm paying good money to support and attend an event organised by a seemingly very genuine bunch of great people with the intention of having a stress free enjoyable weekend. The purpose of my visit is is to meet you all in person, not join the 'gang'. Tradition is fine, i'm all for it and may even 'enjoy' your initiation ceromony but be aware that some people that are attending are extremely concerned about being placed under the spot light and this could result in a no show if they're considered to be 'up their own arse' for failing to see it as 'fun'. Anyone else got any thoughts on this??

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 19/07/2009 21:47  

well i must be up my own arse because i have never been initiated i dont see it as fun because if somebody who does not know the etiquette goes and innocently says it's there 1st rally they could then be put off going to another also the de flowering stories could stop people attending rallies full stop and i am going on first hand experience as at my 1st and only trad rally after going to biker parties in woods clubhouses and custom shows for a few years where initiation was never even mentioned i was asked if it was my 1st rally i replied with i have never been to a trad rally cue a load of stupid idiots trying to de flower me that did result in missing teeth and misaligned noses so sorry people i think it's a stupid outdated practice that's best left in the past

Update Reply
punkdude @ 19/07/2009 22:10  

I've just had a PM from a member who is saying she hasn't booked yet as she's worried about this. I wonder how many more there are watching this thread develop and thinking about staying home that weekend instead?
Maybe it would be good to make this optional like volunteering for karaoke by putting your name in a box. That way the extrovert peeps could jump at the chance while the quieter peeps can remain anonymous and not have their weekend tainted with the worries of the unexpected!
Now that i've started this thread I can hardly remain anonymous so i'm not speaking for myself

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 19/07/2009 22:11  

RK,every thread goes off track within a few posts normally so don't worry. I have said on the other thread what i think about it all but i will say it again. I don't spoil peoples fun but i have seen it go to far to the point where people don't come back and have also kicked off with their mates over it. Being tied to the marquee post naked for all to do what they want isn't everyone's idea of a good time. Ok,this extreme "tradition" doesn't always happen but it does. I do have a sense of humour and i'm not up my own arse. If people want to think that then fine,i won't lose any sleep over it but do the decent thing and get to know me before making a judgement. Yes there are one or two that have concerns over this as the BM rally will be their first. Like i have said previous,ask first. It doesn't cost anything. Possibly only the friendship you have with that person.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/07/2009 22:13  

One other thing,if anyone has concerns about being "deflowered",go to the rally and enjoy it. I think after this thread you will be left alone.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/07/2009 22:17  

reet..heres my two penneth ( gawd im gonna be skinter and skinter at this rate..lol...) RK..I know I've had my banter on this subject and maybe some things I've said may have *upset/frightened/angered/amused/tickled/astonished ( *delete where applicable) you and maybe some others on here... so I would just like to clarify MY point of view. Most people who go to rallies will have heard of rally virgins and may even have seen some, though it doesn't go on at every rally. As far as I have seen, they have all been taken in good spirit and the people concerned have been happy to take part. In one case I saw at East Leeds Lions last year, there was a fella dressed in stockings and hotpants and a bra with an L plate on his back.. his 'task' was to to be tied to one of the main poles in the marquee and have things smeared on him..beer.. food..make up etc.. but he took it all in good humour and after he was 'released' he got lots of handshakes/pats on the back and pints bought for him.. This lead to a young lass ( in her late 20's ) to declare she too was a 'Rally Virgin' and her 'task' was to be tied to pole and have the same treatment.. she had a right laff and actually 'volunteered herself for this after seeing what had happened to the fella ( who incidently was middle-aged and not some naive youngster). Anyway my point being ..yes the Rally Virgin does exist.. but NO it's not compulsory to be declared as one.. and if somebody inadvertently discloses that they have never been to a rally before and somebody suggests a 'task' I would hope that either the RV is ok with that ..or the people in their group respect them enough to know whether it is a good idea or not?! I hope that anyone new to rallying will not be put off at all by what has become quite a lengthy discussion. I think it started as a bit of banter ( red rag to a bull ) but has become a bit of a concern to some people. I would like to say that I, as a moderator on BM and a member of the Friendly Bikers club on here, would NEVER put anybody through any kind of upset/anxiety etc.. as I'm sure the majority of people on here would be the same. We really are a great bunch of people and many of us have made some very good friends throught this site.. so please rest assured that nothing untoward would happen at any of our events. Hope that clears things up a bit... like I said, this is my MY OPINION.

Update Reply
Karey @ 19/07/2009 22:19  

This is not a rough biker club.. this is a bunch of people who enjoy havin a laugh.. if ya dont wanna do it no one is gonna force ya into it, so you really shouldnt worry about it. It is just normal people having a laugh... do not take it so seriously..

Update Reply
feistygirl @ 19/07/2009 22:20  

Well I'm hoping to meet a group of friendly people and I hope the ethos of this club is to 'embrace' new people. Yes some of us are new to biking and don't consider ourselves to be 'bikers' as such. I enjoy riding for the freedom from stress that it gives me as i'm sure there are tens of thousands returning to biking in their forties because 30 years in the rat race is taking it's toll. I love bikes and biker peeps, the best people in the world as they'll always help you if they can.
A club that insists on this type of tradition will alienate themselves from a whole bunch of people that are just wanting to enjoy their bikes!

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 19/07/2009 22:25  

Can't speak for all "rough biker clubs" but the patch clubs i have seen attending rallies haven't put any of their own members through the RV treatment or joined in anyone else's RV treatment.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/07/2009 22:27  

Thank you Karey and Feisty, I think you've just put a lot of peoples mind at rest!

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 19/07/2009 22:31  

As far as the Friendlies Rally is concerned, there will be no humiliation of BM RV's. Maybe a gentle bit of fun - something along the lines of hfg at the Farmyard - see the event pics for an idea. Even the lass herself had a grin on her face. And should the RV not be a willing 'victim', then their wishes will be respected. So BM members can book their place without undue worry.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/07/2009 22:35  

karey we will have to agree to disagree i have seen to many daft incidents with rally virgins either with so called mates when alcohol takes over or from strangers if the rv is willing fine but like a lot of things in life the thought is worse than the experience dentists tattoos etc and nobody sees the people that get put off from going because they think it's going to be worse than it is

Update Reply
punkdude @ 19/07/2009 22:35  

East Leeds Lions is a good example my mate Andy (no not speaking in the 3rd person here lol) was a gentleman about loosing his erm cherry at east leeds lions this year, he took what happened to him so well he volunteered to do it again for his wife who was alson on her 1st rally, both loved the rally and now want to go to more and more! I'm not a great advocate of anything being forced on anyone and "tasks are a lot better than stuff forced on some rally goers in the past" however is it the right way to proceed with a "new rally" at east leeds they did not force any woman to do anything if they did not want too by the way!

Update Reply
Hull750Rider @ 19/07/2009 22:41  

Here's my thoughts and suggestions. There are two camps on this one (pardon the pun) from what I can see. Those that don't see the problem with it and those that don't see the point and indeed many of those in the latter don't even want to be involved. As such I'd suggest that anyone who is attending for the first time should be asked for their consent before any "initiation" and if they don't want it they will be left alone without any fear of being considered a party-pooper, sour puss, miserable sod or whatever. I have no doubt that everyone attending is perfectly happy to agree to this and so if the thought of being branded an RV is putting you off going, please don't let it. If you don't want anything to happen, then nothing will and no-one will think any less of you whatsoever. Indeed I am sure that the masses will deal swiftly with anyone who sees fit to "initiate" an attendee without their permission lol!!

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 19/07/2009 22:43  

All the examples that have been mentioned on here are by people willing to have it done. We're talking about those that want to be left alone. Whole lot of difference here.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/07/2009 22:44  

Ah so the truths coming out now eh punkdude!

sharp intake of breath by all the shy people lol

Well said XKR

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 19/07/2009 22:44  

Your dead right rickdude, thats why i'm suggesting putting your name down if you're up for it. That way the people who just want to be left alone are not involved in any part of it.

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 19/07/2009 22:51  

Its all about respect at the end of the day. Simple to understand.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/07/2009 22:53  

Absolutely Ricdude

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 19/07/2009 22:58  

anyone "asking" if they can "initiate" me, will have me asking them if I can" pull their teeth!!!" I have never been to a rally, but I have pulled many teeth!!! ask away fella's, form a queue

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/07/2009 22:58  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email