MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Bump Keys

Bump Keys - Forums [Biker Match] Bump Keys - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Bump Keys

A mate told me about this which is cause for concern. Click on the link to watch the video. Its American but is over here too. This is no joke. http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5177213949300140850 Now click on this link for the solution. http://www.pickbuster.co.uk/

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/07/2009 18:26  

ric, i am a locksmith by trade, i have two shops, bump keys do work and very much exist, they wont work on motorcycle ignitions etc, as they only work on pin cylinder locks, like yale, but you do have to know how to alter keyblanks to get them to work, it is a very effective way of opening cheap cylinder locks, but with everything there is a technique to it, plus the locks on the video are so in secure you could pick one open in seconds too, most of the cylinders we sell cannot be bumped open, if anyone has anymore concerns re this subject feel free to ask.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/07/2009 18:38  

Appreciate your input Ian but to be honest more worried about some lowlife scum taking whats mine than the technicalities.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/07/2009 18:42  

lowlife scum are too thick to use the method, your better off to have a deadlock fitted if wooden door, and if like most you have upvc make sure its got hookbolt s on it, because the old systems that just had rollers can be opend quickes than bumping, i wish things like bumping was not on the internet, it gives the low lifes ideas, but it would scare people stiff if you saw how quick we can open doors etc, but it is our trade.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/07/2009 18:46  

I used to know a locksmith that could get in quick as anything,and like all good locksmiths could be trusted. The lowlife go on the net to get ideas. Thats what worries me. Anything to up security these days is good. Just a bit more peace of mind. When all is said and done though the lowlife will unfortunately always find a way.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/07/2009 18:51  

well i wont lie...i keep a baseball bat by my bed, window open so i can hear any noises near my bike and gravel outside the house which you can hear when a somone steps on it, but when a couple of years ago i found proper lowlife scum in my garden at 4.30 am, i went out to greet them , ex wife called the police, police came and i got cautioned for my baseball bat !!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/07/2009 18:55  

Can't protect your own property these days without getting done for it.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/07/2009 18:59  

i know, but if someone was stupid to come into my house whilst i am in...then thats there fault and i will do anything to protect my kids and myself, whats wrong with the law in this country ric ?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/07/2009 19:03  

when the local scrotes round my way tried to get in my garden, i just let my dogs out, and the copper told me thats totally legal, dogs are allowed to protect their territory as long as i have a clear sign stating i have dogs, which i do. best security there is lol, they dont miss a single sound and they run faster than any scrote too, ya shud av seen him trying to scramble back up the fence...soooo funny, i just stood there laughing while he cried. oops slightly off topic sowwy

Update Reply
chunkichick @ 16/07/2009 19:06  

Its up its own arse Ian. Same as you,just want to protect me and mine.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/07/2009 19:07  

my dad owns a car garage in rusholme manchester, a few years ago a customer set fire to a car outside as they could not pay for the work that was done, the fire service quite righly broke in to make safe oxy acetelene bottles etc, they were not however expecting to meet TINA, a mother of a german shepard, she bit two fireman and a copper, now i know thats bad, but they said unless she was chained up in the garage and not free roaming the police would see to it that the dog was destroyed.so we let her go to a farmer on yorkshire where she properly lived out her days in a nicer enviroment, but it still pi**es you off.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/07/2009 19:12  

I think bumping is less common than gripping with cylinder locks as gripping doesn't require much in the way of skill or technique. After seeing a cylinder snapped and a "high security" door opened in 5 seconds flat I invested in some obscenely expensive Garrison snapsafe cylinders for my doors on the advice of a local locksmith.

Update Reply
prof @ 16/07/2009 19:45  

maybe thats coz the garage is a business premises ian, it might make things different, but the copper told me as it was my home my dogs wudnt be held responsible and they dont need to be chained up or tethered in any way. be interesting to find out tho, still makes my blood boil.

Update Reply
chunkichick @ 16/07/2009 19:45  

that is why cc, but it was hard at the time to let her go, but if its a business the dog apparently has to be chained, this was a few years ago now, things may have changed

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/07/2009 20:12  

but i still think the law sucks in this country and it should change in so many ways, the bloke who was found in my garden, admitted to 35 burgularys in our area, and basically got a slap on the wrist, the police wrote to us saying a custodial sentance would serve no purpose as he is feeding a drug habit and he needs our help......i'll give him f**king help !!!! thats how i felt at the time

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/07/2009 20:16  

Straying a bit off topic, but there was mate of my dad's reckoned the best sort of car alarm was a four-legged one with big teeth.
So he parked up his LandRover late one night in a dark astreet in Liverpool, left the window ajar for some air for the dog, and went for a pint.
Came back to find a VERY sore policeman. He'd seen the open window, though he was doing the car owner a favour, and reached inside to try and open the door and perhaps wind the window up again. You can guess the rest!
The bobby's sergeant told him grow up when he complained, and my dad's mate got off scot free. Probably wouldn't happen that way now!

Update Reply
Wills @ 16/07/2009 20:25  

definatley not wills, they would do you somehow...probably the dog farted and they do you for air pollution

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/07/2009 20:27  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email