MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Embarrassing bike moments

Embarrassing bike moments - Forums [Biker Match] Embarrassing bike moments - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Embarrassing bike moments

Seeing as under newbies forum lots of people have put their embarrassing experiences with disc locks etc thought there was some mileage in starting a new thread. I could start by saying I was so crap in my first CBT which I did not pursue for a few years after because I was rubbish at trying to get clutch control on bike while trying to do figure of 8's. They put me on a SCOOTER! I dropped the thing and while laid under it was revving the b***s of it in panic while the instructor was shouting at me and the thing was dancing around the floor while I desperately tried to take him out with it Thankfully have improved a lot since then

Update Reply
suzyamki @ 15/07/2009 21:05  

Glad to hear it Suzy lol

My only one thing I've done so far to really embarrass myself is when I fell off my bike in my own garden!....I was really shattered been out biking all day and was putting Mini V to bed when I caught my leg on the seat and fell backwards into all the mud! I was laughing out loud...then suddenly I saw the bike (despite being on its side stand) come crashing down after me....I stopped laughing then and panicked about whether Mini V was damaged or not...luckily nothing! No one saw my little moment...so I was spared public humiliation....

Update Reply
bikerchick1966 @ 15/07/2009 22:25  

18/19 years of age. Honda CX500. Rode into a car park in Hunstanton and saw three pretty young ladies sat on a bench. Rode past a load of empty spaces and then into one of the spaces in front of the bench and the aforementioned pretty young ladies. Blipped the throttle a couple of times, pretending not to really notice them, took my helmet off and whilst holding it in my right hand (my motorcycle helmet!), casually tipped the bike over onto the sidestand ready to swing my leg over and off the bike in one cool as hell moment. Crash!!! Hadn't put the sidestand down. Got up off the floor and walked off amongst a titter of giggles. Bike still laying on the ground.

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 15/07/2009 22:39  

21/22 years of age. Norton Commando. Flared jeans were all the rage. Stopped at a set of traffic lights. Went to put left foot down, but flare got caught up on footrest. Over we go. Pinned under bike. Car driver behind me comes and lifts bike off me. Car driver is a woman. There is never a large hole around when u need one.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/07/2009 22:58  

16 years old, Suzuki TS50 trailie. Rode into petrol station, pulled up at pump and skidded off on a patch of oil. Snapped front brake lever and throttle cable. Few choice words to attendant who was hiding his snigger and rode home on back brake with what was left of the throttle cable wrapped round my fingers

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 15/07/2009 23:07  

Well I've fell off a few times now and each is pretty embarrassing but I think the most embarrassing was the one I posted about this week... blowing off (steady!) some white van man that was hassling me then falling off when stopping abruptly shortly afterwards. These are priceless, hehehe. Great thread Cathy! PS - I was rubbish at my CBT too, took me over 2 attempts to do it with 2 different schools but I think things would have been different if I'd used the right instructor from the start.

Update Reply
Roachy @ 15/07/2009 23:22  

Almost identical to XKLBR. Except it was my right foot, with flares snagged over the carb top of old-style BMW airhead boxer.

Update Reply
Wills @ 15/07/2009 23:26  

I really have done the "sidecar/no sidecar" trick Traffic lights, just outside a school,at hometime Running on "autopilot" not concentrating Too busy watching all the little school girls (I was in my twenties then and they were college girls) (yes I started my "dirty old man" apprenticeship early) But anyway I pulled up at the lights and promtly fell over with a 650 beeza laid on me leg exhaust burnin through me jeans !! I got up REAL quick and thankfully it was still running so I just blasted off and didnt go that way for a few weeks. Didn't get away with it totally though as one of the girls was my mates sister and she told him !! The clubhouse was in stitches when I walked in, boy did I feel a pratt?

Update Reply
Emzed @ 15/07/2009 23:42  

Only 3yrs ago riding home ahead of my wife , fairly high ramp from rd onto my driveway , stalled vmax on the ramp and my feet could'nt touch ground either side ! man down bike on top of me and my wife stopped at the cafe first , i lay like that for a lifetime until a neighbor saw me and called her son to help lift the bike offa me and i needed the toilet badly ...god i was destroyed i never even had time to thank them decently until the next day ..shit happens (lol now)

Update Reply
excalibur @ 15/07/2009 23:51  

A Norton Commando XK,she musta been some woman!! Lovin the thread Weeble

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/07/2009 00:12  

I set off on a heavily cambered cobbled area outside the theater on an FJ1200, wedged the front wheel between two big cobbles and toppled down the camber. Lying there pinned under an FJ while a succession of little old ladies coming out of theatre stopped to ask if I was alright. "Fine thanks, just resting" At least the mirrored visor covered the colour off my face until eventually a security guard came out to lift the bike off me.

Update Reply
prof @ 16/07/2009 00:53  

Brilliant Thread! Mine was after doing my CBT, on the very next lesson, at the very first T Junction, I used the front brake to stop. It was far too sharp and I gracefully went down bike on top of me and the clutch leaver a few yards up the gutter. We pootled back to the training centre when the instructor replaced the clutch lever I jumped back on after starting the engine didnt even get to the 1st gear stage when I dropped it again... another cluch lever was needed. Poor bloke I think he thought I was pissed LOl.

Update Reply
moonstone @ 16/07/2009 08:15  

Age 15 (!) in Ashbourne. Seeing that my sister was struggling with her Z250 on an off camber, jumping off my brother's pillion to park her bike for her, only to drop it myself!!! Doh! *** for those inquisitive... yes, with 2 older siblings with bikes, I learned to ride when I was about 11 years old. It was great on French Exchange Trips ***

Update Reply
Bandit_Mr_P @ 16/07/2009 09:34  

Left disc brake lock on and set off at a lick outside a pub, over 200 miles from home South Coast docks area. After picking myself up looking at problem (managed to snap the mounting braket for the disc brake it self). I went to find a 6mm piece of bar I took the caliper off put the bar between the pads and mounted the caliper back on the fork leg outside the wheel on the one bolt remaining (just cleared with about 3mm to spare) rode the bike home on one front disc (carefully) but with no real problem. Showing off as you do when young and daft decided to ride under a road through an under pass that was flooded knelt on seat to avoid getting feet wet on my XL250 (was deeper than it looked and I got a bit wary of the depth so decided to take it at speed) big mistake water became a bow wave/shower drenced me through to me undies in about half a scecond. I had tec drawing in the afternoon and we were not allowed to ware our overalls in the classroom but I had no choice, was erm interesting to feel the seams inside a fresh pair of overalls (designed to be worn with clothes under them) on your body pmsl.

Update Reply
Hull750Rider @ 16/07/2009 09:59  

Fibreglass front mudguard comes so loose it rubs on front wheel and melts. 60 miles from home had to take it off on the roadside. Rain starts, trouble starts... Travelling at 50 mph rainwater hitting my ex's chest, 70mph hits him in the face, 80 mph goes straight over his head and hits me, his pillion, in the face. It dont matter about me though I didnt need to see where we were going. I got such a load of muck and mud dribbling down me when we arrived home I just couldnt see a thing, not a pretty sight. Jacket was pretty grotty too

Update Reply
moonstone @ 16/07/2009 11:30  

moonstone whats a front mudguard i dont have one of them
most embarasing bike moment having to pick up a honda 50 for my girlfriend at the times sister who was at agricultural college about 40 miles from home and she didn't have the confidence to ride it home so i set of early thinking nobody would see me and rip the piss i was riding an XS650 chop at the time heading back up the A12 i heard a bike start up on the bridge above then another look up the slip road to see about 30 odd bikes coming down somebody had found out and just about everybody i knew turned out piss ripped out of me in the club house later

Update Reply
punkdude @ 16/07/2009 19:48  

Mine was caused when I was backing a deauville round a bend, very slightly down hill and round to my left, with my left foot on the grass, and the other on the road. It was wide junction just above Danby, on the moors, and all was going well, until my foot found thin air. The grass cutter had made the grass look like a bowling lawn except for the four foot drop going into a under road drain. Over we go,.... I got straightened up with me boots now full of water and me lid full of some delightfully short words! Ok, next problem,.... trying to lift a mini pan which is layed horizontal towards me and at waist height, and to make it worse I then noticed 2 women walking dogs 30 foot away, who had deffinatly heard me praising everything on the planet!!!!!! I got out of the ditch (squelching nicely), but couldn't lift the thing from the other side so it was back into it again, and by working a few inch at a time eventually got it high enough to get my knee under it. All the time the NT was sat on one of them triangular kerb stones so I couldn't slide the bike either. 20 secs later four road bikers came past and had a word,.. typical!

Update Reply
Paj1369 @ 16/07/2009 20:55  

Funny posts!! Just thought of another embarrassing moment, when I thought I would venture into Accelerated Access land after passing test on 125. Went out on an ER5, did great. Then coming back to biking centre, with 100 yards to go, a lorry pulled out. I panicked and hit front brake hard. Ended up hitting deck with bike on top of me on the corner. Instructor came looking for me and shouted at me, I shouted back. Broke mirror and my pride! From that point on decided to stay restricted for 2 years on my cruiser! Rode off perfectly on my own bike by the way ...

Update Reply
suzyamki @ 16/07/2009 23:57  

PD and Paj , is'nt it nice to look back and laugh it off now , its called memories we wont forget.

Update Reply
excalibur @ 17/07/2009 00:24  

Not really had a real moment yet, but I do remember when I got Stuey, Ian were on a ride out so I could get used to him. We came down a hill to an off camber junction, to turn right to go down another hill, (this was how we discovered that I had really done my ankle in) as I put my foot down I felt the pain, Ian (who was connected to me via our coms) stated all he could hear was me shouting , no, no ,NO, NO , NOOOOOOOO, BUGGA!! as I slowley just toppled to the right . Lucky no real damage done, the indicator broke & the break lever bent but was still useable, it did manage to break a wire tho that ment Ian had Stuey in bits the following day to find out why all my lights had gone. On the good side tho Ian had me to the hospital too that week & we discovered what was wrong with my ankle before I did the ligaments some real damage

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 17/07/2009 10:28  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email