MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

Drools!!

Drools!! - Forums [Biker Match] Drools!! - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

Drools!!

Seen the new Triumphs for 2009?? Rocket 111 Touring looks magnificent and as for the new Thunderbird 1600...just pure class!! Now when I've won the lottery,what colour should I have??

Update Reply
pondlife @ 11/07/2009 17:12  

One of each colour of course! A daytona is high up my bike shopping shortlist & my baby brother had got to the final stages of interviews with Triumph last month when they froze graduate recruitment. No taking advantage of the hefty staff discount for me

Update Reply
jonesie @ 11/07/2009 17:58  

its 25% discount for staff, and i think you have to keep the bike for a year, you have to register the bike in your name, this stopped what was happening years ago when staff were buying bikes to sell them on for a huge profit, the limited edition speed triple (15 yr anniv ) is really nice, they have lengthened the pillion seat by 4 inches as it was one of bad points on the model before, i still would not come away from my blackbird for a triumph as i feel they are still a bit behind jap bikes in everyway, but thats my opinion.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/07/2009 18:15  

rocket 111 is just gorgeous...sex on two wheels....drool aint the word!!! as for colour, my favs are purple and black, for rocket i rekon black

Update Reply
chunkichick @ 11/07/2009 21:55  

Just had a play and added all the options I could to the 1600 and added over 5k to it's value lol, I expect there will be a lot of differant 2nd hand ones not getting what they are truly worth when they come to resale!!!!

Update Reply
Hull750Rider @ 12/07/2009 01:33  

for 25% off I could have left it in his name for a year, just have to hide the keys when he visits. It's a shame for Triumph as they are being really hampered at the moment by their parent company which is in the shit with the downturn in the property market.

Update Reply
jonesie @ 12/07/2009 16:51  

Now if they would only put the Rocket engine in a sports tour frame. Looked at buying a Triumph few years back. But then I found you could buy them cheaper in Holland. Thanks a lot ripoff Britian alive and well so bought a Honda instead

Update Reply
micksaway @ 13/07/2009 20:17  

An updated bigger Daytona would complete the range for me. Like the old 955i it would need to be built for the roads and not trying to compete with the Big 4 on performance. In short the 675 needs a big brother

Update Reply
Cataraptor @ 15/07/2009 17:06  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email