MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

hiya fellow biker dude's

hiya fellow biker dude's - Forums [Biker Match] hiya fellow biker dude's - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

hiya fellow biker dude's

i`m off to snake pass in next two weeks for an week to explore area anyone got any idea`s, i`ve got big D`s planned and squies cafe are they any good

Update Reply
bikerdazboy @ 06/07/2009 20:00  

Nice to see you found the forum's Darren I know theres lots on here who go up there reg ... the only thing I can say are the pasties at Squires are TO DIE FOR !!!!!

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 06/07/2009 20:11  

Matlock bath on a Sunday is damn good... A few of us met up there on Sunday just gone! Saturdays are ok aswell, but quieter.

Update Reply
feistygirl @ 06/07/2009 20:13  

correct me if im wrong but i heard big d's had shut, or maybe he just sold it on, i know he's got a pub too , but cant remember name or where doh!! squires and matlock are good, passin through buxton yesterday, it looked reet nice too

Update Reply
chunkichick @ 06/07/2009 20:18  

Big D's in Todmorden shut back in February, but the other place he runs, McMillans in Wheatley, Halifax, is still in business.

Update Reply
Wills @ 06/07/2009 20:38  

thats the one lol cheers wills, i av been and its a nice place plenty of parking space too

Update Reply
chunkichick @ 06/07/2009 20:45  

Big Hi bikerdazboy
Hope u enjoy the Snake Pass, just don't ask for directions to Squires

PS - is Captain Americas Hamburger Heaven still going?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/07/2009 22:12  

ah Todmorden, just down the road from my home village of Littleborough. I remember my childhood days at Tod park like it was yesterday. Welcome to the site Daz

Update Reply
Matt @ 06/07/2009 23:11  

MMM ... Sadly, the place holds more uncomfortable memories for me Todmorden was where a car driver tried to kill me and wrote my ETZ off But on a lighter note the peeps who sold me my "working" leathers for £20, are in Toddy so it all balances out Eventually Welcome to the house of FUN mate Karma

Update Reply
Emzed @ 07/07/2009 00:56  

hi Bikerdaz welcome to BM Squires is packed on Wednesdays (bike night) but usually pretty busy generally if the weathers good. Theres a few of us go more or less every week. If you see any of us, come and make yasen known If you can get there this Sunday we're having a Maintenance Day check this link on the events:- http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/events/event_detai...ent_id=505

Update Reply
Karey @ 07/07/2009 08:21  

welcome to the site buddy, can we not try to arrange something in the middle of the country so its easier for everyone to get to, it does seem most of the meets are up north, how about a big bm meet somewhere

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/07/2009 08:28  

Ian, anyone can arrange a meet, indeed we've had one down at Quatford and a few at derby and the southern contingent seem to have a fair few down that way. Bear in mind that we have quite a few members oop north...and in Scotland too as well as right down in the far corners of the south I know a fair few of the southern contingent have been oop north a few times and we are talking about having a southern meet. I guess it just seems the majority can get to the Nothern meets..!?? Somebody will correct me if I'm wrong

Update Reply
Karey @ 07/07/2009 08:39  

nope ur right lass as usual lol, if the majority of members are oop norf then most meets will be, but there are quite a few down south too, if ya want us to descend your way ian just post ur addy we'll christen ur house bm stylie lol

Update Reply
chunkichick @ 07/07/2009 09:52  

Dont forget Devils Bridge and Hawes aswell. Brilliant roads ooop thaat way..

Update Reply
feistygirl @ 07/07/2009 10:05  

See I told you that the guys & gals on here would help you out Darren They are a good lot ... ignore some of the posts about cross dressing, leg waxing, tattoos etc ... except in maybe in 1 or 2 or 30 cases

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 07/07/2009 18:43  

Daz, If you're doing "Snake Pass", and you take the option to go to Matlock too (Brilliant roads all round), don't miss the Cat & Fiddle road, Buxton to Macclesfield (A537 I think). BUT don't be tempted to break the speed limit on that one, it's full of some of the most accurate speed cameras (time and distance) in the country. See the "Specs 3" topic elsewhere... Also take a trip along to first bit of Woodhead Pass (A628) from Hollingworth towards Barnsley - Ace road if you can avoid a lorry "worm"... Most of all... have fun and enjoy the lovely derbyshire/south yorkshire countryside.

Update Reply
Bandit_Mr_P @ 07/07/2009 19:40  

HOLD THE FRONT PAGE! Daz, don't know what your dates are, but the Snake Pass is to close from th 13th to the 16th July. ---quote--- The A57 Snake Pass will be closed from 6.00am on Monday, July 13 to 6.00am on Thursday, July 16 from the junction at Hurst Road, Glossop to the junction with the A6013 at Ashopton Viaduct while the road markings and lines are repainted by Derbyshire County Council.Drivers are asked to find alternative routes such as the A628 or the A635. Drivers on the M60 and M67 will be warned about the closure using the electronic warning boards.The £100,000 project has been scheduled to avoid the main holiday periods to reduce traffic delays as much as possible.

Update Reply
Bandit_Mr_P @ 07/07/2009 21:36  

Now he tells me to hold the front page lol, too late mate the newsletter has already gone out. That news item deserves its own thread, cheers Mr P oops I forgot to say hi to the newcomer *waves*

Update Reply
Sandi @ 07/07/2009 21:44  

onion-itis strikes again!

Update Reply
Sandi @ 07/07/2009 21:44  

thanks everyone ...... the world doesn`t seem so large now gr8 to read all your replys, up until now all i had heard was "watch out for speed camera`s" i`ll be going with brother who`s my twin, lets face it that`ll be an sight and a half be leaving Norfolk on 20th....shit better get my M.O.T done!!

Update Reply
bikerdazboy @ 07/07/2009 21:49  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email