MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

Forum topics will be deleted!

Forum topics will be deleted! - Forums [Biker Match] Forum topics will be deleted! - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

Forum topics will be deleted!

If you don't follow the rules. I'm sick OF FORUM TOPICS THAT LOOK LIKE THIS and look really shitty in the forum topics page. Also topics that say "YEEE HAAAA" and "WWOOOOOO". I will be DELETING forum topics that look like this in future... not updating them (Which is a pain in the arse for me). I also don't want to see lots of puctuation marks like "!!!!!!!!!!", "????????" and ".............." at the end of forum topics. No more warnings... follow the rules or loose your topic (And you'll have to write it out all over again!)

Update Reply
Matt @ 11/06/2009 08:50  

**think Matts on a downer after his solo flight yesterday!** Think am gonna keep me head down today..

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 11/06/2009 09:00  

haha not at all... im in a good mood. I have to keep going through the database tho everyday fixing all the junk forum subjects. I've asked the mods to delete all future forum topics that have stupid titles or excessive punctuation marks. :-)

Update Reply
Matt @ 11/06/2009 09:27  

Matts cleaning up the forums. Wooo Hoooo.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/06/2009 10:05  

Good on you Matt I get fed up sometimes seeing posts that just contain Hugs Hun, Luv ya, or just having to scroll through loads of pages to get back to the topic because of one word replies taking up loads of pages per thread. Infact when I see these sort of posts I even stop reading that thread. My only question is what is the best way to bring a thread back up to page 1 with out just adding the words "bump" on a post as I would like to bring my Race for Life sponsor page back up.

Update Reply
Cruiser gal @ 11/06/2009 11:58  

"BUMP" is a recognised www acronym for "Bring Up My Post", so it's perfectly good netiquette to use it IMO CG... Alternatively, someone might spot your above post and give it a little bump for you

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 11/06/2009 12:18  

theres no other way to bump it im afraid, unless u have something more to say on the subject

Update Reply
Matt @ 11/06/2009 15:23  

Netiquette: Posts that are ALL UPPER CASE/CAPITALS are classed as SHOUTING!! on the internet. To use upper case letters, as I have, for one or two words within a post is for emphasis and acceptable. So please don't keep SHOUTING! at us, I'm hard of hearing as it is.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 24/01/2010 09:28  

and dont forget to keep subjects informative! i.e. DATES for event topics.

Update Reply
Matt @ 24/01/2010 10:57  

Can we use caps & shout if we are really really really excited about something & want the whole world to know ?? (and its bike related? )

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 25/01/2010 08:59  

NO YOU CAN'T! lol

Update Reply
Matt @ 25/01/2010 16:19  

Bully ... no need to yell at me

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 25/01/2010 21:16  

think the mods definately need to keep a eye on some of the threads being started...not bike related or just plain crap.....its enough to put people off the site

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/01/2010 21:21  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email