MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Tan Hill 14th June

Tan Hill 14th June (3) - Forums [Biker Match] Tan Hill 14th June (3) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Tan Hill 14th June

Aye, there's more! But unfortunately work gets in the way of movie making!

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 15/06/2009 14:36  

The pictures taken by Cassie are now uploaded into the event (http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/events/event_photo...ent_id=475) Before anyone asks; Yes, the scenery was that stunning Yes, the roads were that amazing, and Yes, the company was (as ever) brilliant Thanks to all for another great day out.

Update Reply
Blueboy955i @ 15/06/2009 15:39  

Brilliant pics Cassie I hope i can get to the next one

Update Reply
Karey @ 15/06/2009 15:47  

Just watched the video Geoff, what people can't see (but I had a cracking view of) was just how close the crazed beast was to Cathy's front tyre, we are talking inches here peeps! I doff my lid to Cathy, she handled it superbly and carried on like a real biker *still feeling bad for blocking the view. Sorry Mr Spielberg, I'll try harder next time *

Update Reply
Blueboy955i @ 15/06/2009 15:49  

Led like a lamb to the slaughter Might as well get done for a sheep as a lamb Thanks Geoff for the video and weeble music, I refuse to be known as Weeble from now on tho!!! Wicked! There's always a black sheep in every flock tho WK I did not brake for the seagull, I might just have been stopping anyway !!! Think it was more luck than judgement I stayed on, but never mind, it was a great day out and thanks to everyone for making it such a good time. Cassie your pics are great by the way. Anyway I'll be back in two shakes of a lamb's tail Ok I'm off before you baaaaaan me

Update Reply
suzyamki @ 15/06/2009 19:56  

Brilliant photos Cassie.

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 15/06/2009 20:52  

Aww schucks,thanks peeps,gotta do something with my hands when i'm pilly(bite your tongue XK) lovin the vid Geoff and have to agree with Mark,well done that lady Another great day,thanks all

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/06/2009 21:24  

Hi All, Great day out once again. Thanks to Geoff for all the hard work in organizing the event. Three cheers hip hip hurray! Fantastic company and grub. Can't get enough of the scenery. Really spectacular. Eventful ride back. Crash on M6 (no one hurt ) Mway closed by Blackpool exit. So 20 odd bikes filtered to the front and waited for the mway to open again . Then it was like the start of the Grand National. Off we go ! 3 empty lanes. Wooohooo! I'll post the photos I took as soon as I can but I think that Cassie's are superb and def deserve a prize. Bye for now.

Update Reply
napoleon @ 15/06/2009 22:29  

Richard mate, even reading your posts makes me laugh lol!!! Grand National pmsl!!

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 15/06/2009 23:09  

Hi to the Tanhill crowd nice to meet u. Enjoyed the ride back. Hope to join you for other rides

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 15/06/2009 23:51  

Very welcome mate.

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 16/06/2009 00:15  

The lamb incident! Only just watched this - brilliant! Well done Cathy for staying shiny side up and taking it all in your stride (not to mention that 'orrible hairpin that came later!).

Update Reply
Roachy @ 16/06/2009 15:58  

What's with this horrible hairpin? Can't say I even noticd anything out of the ordinary.

Update Reply
vinnie @ 16/06/2009 20:03  

Don't you remember it, the 1:4 narrow, almost 180 degree 'orrible 'airpin? Well I thought it was 'orrible!

Update Reply
Roachy @ 16/06/2009 20:22  

Well I did see one bend that I thought 'That's a bit awkward', but nowt that made me go 'Uummm'.

Update Reply
vinnie @ 16/06/2009 22:01  

Rachel, you are right, it was 'orrible!! On the way up I was expecting it, then thought, well that wasn't too bad. Then, forewarned by Geoff, we encountered IT on the way down! So us new and newish riders have got one famous hazard out of the way successfully, suppose next we have to tackle it on the way UP!! Thanks Geoff for the helpful advice too!

Update Reply
suzyamki @ 16/06/2009 22:01  

Mind, there is a 180 followed by a 180 up hill, off camber part of the Heptonstal - Colne road that can be quite tricky if it catches you unawares and if you don't like the look of it .there's plenty of space to turn round and head back to Hebden Bridge

Update Reply
vinnie @ 16/06/2009 22:08  

Thank god for the sheep on the road !it kept me going at a snails pace , therefor no 'orrible' surprises . lol's

Update Reply
excalibur @ 16/06/2009 22:10  

The "official" vid! Password bikermatch http://www.vimeo.com/5201864

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 17/06/2009 22:40  

aah - the memories - nice one, Geoff

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/06/2009 22:52  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email