MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Shires Show 12th and 13th of June 2009

Shires Show 12th and 13th of June 2009 (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Shires Show 12th and 13th of June 2009 (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Shires Show 12th and 13th of June 2009

I did the BOF last year it is a good rally, its a shame they are on the shame weeked, I would have gone to both. Never done the shires show,,, so thought i would see what it is like.

Update Reply
Puds @ 08/06/2009 19:10  

Ah but the BOF doesn''t have Dumpy''s Rusty Nuts playing... It''ll feel like we''re 19 again... only slightly more wrinkly! (The band AND us)

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 08/06/2009 19:14  

its the addvert that put me off, cars caravans, campervans etc, i'm a bit of an old school biker, like bike does with bikes lol

Update Reply
petervalk @ 08/06/2009 20:41  

Ah but that's one of the things I love about the NCC... when they put on a custom show for the public, they don't give a toss who hands over the cash. You can turn up in a flipping helicopter for all they care just so long as you pays your money.

Non-discriminatory. The way it should be.

Yeah - if you're doing a club run or holding a club bash - it's fair enough to make a "bikes only" rule, but when you're putting on a show with the aim of making a profit, why cut your nose off to spite your face and ban non-bike arrivals? Hardly sound economic sense to my mind.

Besides, as there will be thousands of people through the gate, rather than a couple of hundred, I stand more of a chance of making my stall fees back

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 08/06/2009 21:02  

From the show's site:

Its principles have stayed the same throughout, to make as much money as possible for local charities, promote custom biking and to provide a great weekends entertainment for show goers.

How are they going to make as much money as possible if they say "OMG! A car! Unclean! Get thee behind us, you Satanic motorist!"

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 08/06/2009 21:10  

See you on the Sunday, then. Any of the north-west crew want to ride down in convoy?

Update Reply
Wills @ 08/06/2009 21:11  

Sunday? Cool - perhaps you'd like to "volunteer" to help pack my stall away

Make sure you get there early enough to have a wander round the bikes before prize-giving

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 08/06/2009 21:35  

sorry you feel that way, its each to their own and I don't tell peeps what to do or where to go, its just my way, bin doing it for 30 odd years now and it suits me

Update Reply
petervalk @ 08/06/2009 21:42  

Eh? What's there to be sorry about?

I'm perfectly happy that they'll allow people to arrive in any way they want to.

It means I can get in for one, even when I'm not doing my stall, without having to mess around getting rides off people because I can't afford to buy a bike. It means my friends can go to the shows with their children. It means people can turn up in their cars when their bikes conk out on the day of the show.

Like I say, if you're doing a club bash, fair enough - bikes only not a problem. But if you're putting on a show with the aim to raise lots of cash, you're cutting off a huge potential market by banning other vehicles.

There's plenty of room for both sorts of events.

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 08/06/2009 21:50  

We shall be letting cars and caravans in at this years 4th Flames and Frames cos we want people to turn up and enjoy themselves and we appreciate that not everyone has a bike,or can turn up with one for whatever reason. As long as everyone has fun who cares. It''s about like minded people getting together. Like this site i believe. Any questions? We topped 2500 people over the weekend last year so we must be doing something right. More details on that later this week.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/06/2009 22:21  

Went to shires show last year, small friendly rally. no cars allowed on the camping field,only bikes by the tents, you`ve to carry your gear, tent etc onto the field if you arrive by car and the car gets parked across the road. Small area for campervans, again not on the tent field. Wills, see you`re thinking of coming on the sunday. Nothing goes on, on the sunday hun. Everyone packs up on the sunday morn and heads off home. By mid morning the field is more or less empty. So try come on the sat if you can. Stalls etc open sat morn, but nothing much happens till the afternoon. ( well that`s how it was last year ) We are going again this year, this was my 1st ever rally so made it an annual tradition. lol sad or what ?? lol

Update Reply
Bikerchick21 @ 09/06/2009 16:05  

Ta for that tip BC21 - I did wonder about the wisdom of arriving on Sunday, but assumed the prize-giving would be lunchtimeish, then folk wandering off after that. (Besides, I wanted to enlist Wills's able assistance! )

And no! Not sad at all! Annual traditions always start with a first

My first show & subsequent annual tradition was the Kent Custom Bike Show... long since gone from our calendars

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 09/06/2009 16:19  

petervalk dont want to bust your bubble, but last year at the BOF rally there were loads of cars, and camper vans, It was still avery good rally, but there is not strick code at the BOF rally saying bikes & Trikes only,

Update Reply
Puds @ 09/06/2009 19:56  

There is in fact a £10 charge for cars. I'll be there as well as CG when she gets back from sunning hereself in cyprus.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 09/06/2009 20:41  

hiya puds xx petervalk dont want to bust your bubble, (you can if you want lol) I don't mind cars / families etc, i just pref the smaller rallies. I do some of the larger ones but they seem to cost me a fortune lol, doing the smaller ones I can do more each year (tight arse) and apart from that I have a few mates going to the BOF, so change of plans for me. Party on dudes

Update Reply
petervalk @ 09/06/2009 21:32  

Petervalk, I am sure you will enjoy, the BOF it is a great rally, if the shires show hadnt been on the shame weekend i would have gone, Just wanted to make ya aware there were a lot of cars there last year. have a great time,

Update Reply
Puds @ 09/06/2009 21:41  

Maybe PV has another reason he doesn't want to go. Up to the individual at the end of the day.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 10/06/2009 17:26  

hehe only one sleep to go, then off to party,,,,

Update Reply
Puds @ 11/06/2009 22:25  

Sleep?!

Oh yeah... that thing I managed to squeeze in from around 2am to 4am this morning! At least one of the neighbours has finally shifted their motor to drive their sprogs about a 5th of a mile to school, so I've finally started loading the motor... About the only time I've ever approved of driving the brats such a short distance

SOOoooo glad my parents don't need the Kangoo this weekend... it'll be a long, slow drive in the old girl, but there's just no way I'd have got marquee, tent, sleeping bags tables, chairs, display kit, stock etc etc etc in the Ka!

Back to the grindstone now - look forward to meeting you Puds and anyone else who's going - drop by and say hi

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 12/06/2009 09:14  

Oh gawd... you can tell I'm weary... reverted to smileys as punctuation... *hangs head in shame*

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 12/06/2009 09:15  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email