MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

New Feature: Disable profile view logging

New Feature: Disable profile view logging - Forums [Biker Match] New Feature: Disable profile view logging - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

New Feature: Disable profile view logging

As you know, the communicator shows who you have viewed and who have viewed you. Many people have asked for the ability to turn off the logging of who they view. Therefore I've now added a preference which you can change in your account... http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/myaccount/editacco...ccount.asp Let me know if it doesn't work for you.

Update Reply
Matt @ 01/06/2009 17:20  

Hmmmm!

Update Reply
Di @ 01/06/2009 17:40  

Actually they're still logged, just not visible to anyone other than me. Why? So I can see if someone is harassing others if a complaint is put in. Views are still only logged for 14 days though

Update Reply
Matt @ 01/06/2009 17:50  

i wish views were in date order so i can easily tell which ones are recent otherwise i forget who ive looked at so then look again and this can give the wrong impression

Update Reply
julie j @ 01/06/2009 18:09  

can't do, because it's grouped by how many times you've viewed them. Hard to explain, but it's a data/database thing. Actually it is possible, but the query would be very intensive on the server and for very little return

Update Reply
Matt @ 01/06/2009 18:13  

my happiness is worth so little

Update Reply
julie j @ 01/06/2009 18:14  

lol, no it's worth a lot i promise. Really though, it would make the page generate in 30 seconds or something and would really grind the server down. Everyone would be miffed about the page taking so long to generate also

Update Reply
Matt @ 01/06/2009 18:16  

Matt are you ever gonna finish that sarnie lol

Update Reply
Jansky1960 @ 01/06/2009 23:03  

yeah stop stuffin yer face and do something useful

Update Reply
julie j @ 01/06/2009 23:05  

Its not the sarnie he is finishing I think its the whole buffet as he has been at it so long ;) As a mod being able to see who I have looked at is an advantage, as if I have accidentally disabled/enabled someone before I had finished checking I can go to my viewed list and pull them up and recheck it. Are us mods still browsing anonymously? Cos I dont want to lose that as otherwise you get loads of hits, just for doing your job, and I am not available so it saves me having to send thanks but no thanks messages

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 02/06/2009 11:45  

I know you can't sort by date Matt, but can you add a field showing when you last looked at someone and then they last looked at you. Even if it is just in a tool tip format so when you hover over the user name it shows the last viewed date?

Update Reply
Phil @ 02/06/2009 21:20  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email