MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Newbies Forum

New Members Say 'Hi' Here

New Members Say 'Hi' Here (558) - Forums [Biker Match] New Members Say 'Hi' Here (558) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Newbies Forum /

New Members Say 'Hi' Here

Good luck with your test. I passed about 4 years ago went straight to a big bike. It's only a problem if you are too reckless or go to a crazy bike that wheelies with just a twist of the throttle. Weight is the worst bit. Should be fine with Rebel.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/08/2021 16:51  

Hello all, just in today, so definite newbie ;-) I love riding and travelling. Road trips sun and rain, I do not do well in the snow on my bike. But my favourite destination is Scandinavia, Norway particularly.

Update Reply
Topsycal @ 15/08/2021 19:35  

Hi folks, Im in Preston Lancs. If anyone is near me gimme a shout.

Update Reply
philgavin @ 18/08/2021 08:47  

Hey everyone, I've recently passed my CBT and going for full licence, thinking of getting a Kawasaki VN900 or VN1600 by the end of Jan :) nice to meet you all

Update Reply
GianlucaM @ 18/08/2021 22:38  

Hi all thanks for having me I am new ish rider only just got my A licence and I have 2 bikes my little 125 and my Vstrom 650 looking forward to getting out and about on some of the events I have seen

Update Reply
Skintbiker @ 26/08/2021 23:24  

Hey 👋

So I’m a newbie just joined tonight while I’m lying in bed suffering after my first off :( not much damage done mostly my pride , dark and gravel on a notoriously dodgy bend I came a cropper into a ditch lol so I’m so glad to find that there’s forums and chat woohooo

Update Reply
Mellie2moo @ 27/08/2021 04:09  

Hello how is everyone doing? Anyone near Northampton?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/08/2021 07:05  

Greetings all, I joined a few days ago. I hope you're all doing well (a big thumbs up smilie)

Update Reply
TT1050 @ 01/09/2021 22:09  

I thought I would drop by and say hello, this is all new to me.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/09/2021 22:32  

Welcome to the asylum newbies🙄

TT1050/MB58, Weds nights at Amici, Sandy is worth a look in.

Bangor/Paisley a little further to come but welcome anyway

Update Reply
Strom67 @ 04/09/2021 15:44  

Hi everyone
Joined a couple of weeks ago
Been chatting to a few people
Everyone is so friendly
Looking forward to meeting up with like minded people with similar interests

Update Reply
Stevie7738 @ 06/09/2021 07:36  

Hello all 🙋‍♂️, new to the site so thought I would say hello. Currently undergoing my licence after years of off road biking. Looking forward to meeting all of you fantastic people

Update Reply
Gingerbeard1312 @ 06/09/2021 09:51  

Hi all,
Here to make new friends. Relatively new rider, passed my test 2019. Lost my partner, inspiration and riding buddy a month ago.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/09/2021 19:52  

----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
.... Lost my partner, inspiration and riding buddy a month ago....

Sorry to hear about your loss, hope some virtual company can be some consolation. I've just joined and they seem pretty friendly here so you should be good.

Update Reply
ClivePhoto @ 06/09/2021 22:27  

Hi Moon21

Quote:
Hi there, I'm currently getting ready for the big bike test. Wanting to get a Honda rebel, probably 500 but with little experience might be better to get a 125 first?

I'd agree with RedbyNight, a 125 is going to be very limiting in the kind of riding you can do. I may not be the best person to advise you, my first bike was a FJ1200 based Bimota sports bike but I would say you'll develop your riding skills better with something a bit more powerful than a 125. You seem to be on the right lines with the Rebel 500, there are plenty of good bikes out there which will suit a new rider, just pick one you feel comfortable on. Do you have a friend who can help you look at bikes and give you some independent advice?

Oh, and good luck with the test.

Update Reply
ClivePhoto @ 06/09/2021 22:36  

Thanks, hoping sense of humour will return soon so I can join in the banter

Quote:

Quote:
.... Lost my partner, inspiration and riding buddy a month ago....

Sorry to hear about your loss, hope some virtual company...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/09/2021 07:03  

Hi. Joined yesterday so hopefully this will be a great experience and looking forward to chatting and meeting like minded ladies 😃

Update Reply
Pete900 @ 07/09/2021 10:28  

Hi, new here from near York. Found this site from a Facebook post on one of the groups I lurk in. Be good to get involved and chat with a few of you.

I did the Squires Sherburn to Easingwold run last weekend which was good fun (but unfortunately there was an accident involving 2 bikers).

All in a good cause, Yorkshire Air Ambulance. I hope I never need them but happy to contribute to the fantastic support they provide.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/09/2021 14:05  

Hi, new Biker. I live just north of Basingstoke. Looking forward to seeing what goes on :)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 10/09/2021 15:17  

Hi Just joined and hoping to make new biking friends on here.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 10/09/2021 15:45  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email