MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Dont ride in a bad mood!

Dont ride in a bad mood! - Forums [Biker Match] Dont ride in a bad mood! - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Dont ride in a bad mood!

Whilst testing my bike yesterday I found myself unafraid to be very aggressive with my riding. Having pondered on the reasons why I came to the conclusion that a major contributing factor is toothache!! . Bikes can be a big expression of our current state of mind and its very easy to overlook if that's correct for a ride out.

For now I'm garaging it, at least till my tooth's sorted, .

Update Reply
Newkid @ 06/05/2009 09:36  

Bank holiday nuts out in force wkd dont help either! saw one woman arguin with kids in the back while tryin to txt if you jus watch cars goin by its amazin what people are doin except concentratin on drivin! one thing is men in particular drivin with one hand hangin out the window,or one hand proppin there head up like there bored drivin!or like its poofy to use both hands on the wheel! eating an drinkin while drivin seems popular,as is the use of phones the amount of people goin by lookin down while txtin is frightful!you cant see the phone but you know thats what there doin!think i want to fit a rear facing air horn to alert a txtin driver comin up my rear! you can see them in the rear mirror comin towards you lookin down not ahead!or steering with the wheel between there forearms while blatently txtn! twats twats twats!! actually i want a shotgun!!

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 06/05/2009 10:12  

, know what ya mean TM. Mind you, when 1mm over on the throttle means your either speeding or you aint, I find watching that speedo & looking out for cameras a big distraction from just keeping my eyes on the damn road, its not right!! Many a time I've had to brake sharply cause of something suddenly happened in front & find myself looking in my mirrors while doing it to check someones not gona hit me up the arse. Used to do a bit of juggling, before going out for a ride, to see if I was up to the chaos that can ensue!

Update Reply
Newkid @ 06/05/2009 11:22  

Ohh, forgot to mention, why is it that the people driving round in the poshest of cars are always the ones ya see using there mobile. If they can afford cars like that, why cant they afford a hands free or blue tooth headset?

Maybe should be doin this on "random rant" thread, .

Update Reply
Newkid @ 06/05/2009 12:01  

I hope you get your toothache sorted soon Newkid

Update Reply
Sandi @ 06/05/2009 13:46  

If i had to wait til my @~kin mood changed i'd never get out the @~~kin house. Going slightly of topic. The problem with mobiles and cars isn't just holding the phone. The real problem is trying to have a conversation and concentrate on driving. The company i work for has said i'm not allowed to answer the phone at all now while i'm driving on handsfree or not.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 06/05/2009 19:36  

Got an SP1 on my license, buggers were hiding in custom built hideaway on the straightest 3 lane road you've ever seen. Mercedes Vito, rather like a transit is only allowed to do 50 on a national limit road, no one told me, . Despite the company was giving me grief to get there quick, they laughed when I asked if they would pay the fine, I take the points, . To say the least, my phone is off as soon as I'm driving.

My ridding, over the past 3yrs has gone from aggressive to calm & back to aggressive, def linked to my stress levels. Find myself a nice woman, that's what I need, then I'd just be cruisin!!

Update Reply
Newkid @ 06/05/2009 19:56  

Sounds like your company's got a health and safety person with a bit of clout. Unfortunately it's all too often the case that companies regard time behind the wheel as wasted time.
I've known or known of two people in my line who've been involved in horrible accidents while using mobiles. One girl killed herself, the other virtually blinded and also wrote off a 40-ton articulated lorry. Not nice.

Update Reply
Wills @ 06/05/2009 19:58  

There's nothing wrong with riding with aggression, I do it all the time, but it's with controlled aggression.

The thing you've got to watch out for is riding when you're angry, that's when you make mistakes, the dangerous one's.

Update Reply
vinnie @ 06/05/2009 20:45  

Update Reply
Newkid @ 06/05/2009 21:11  

I do know where ya coming from V, but this was something else. Braking in hard so the backs just lifting, sometimes yeah, popping it out the bend so the fronts just skimming when you can see its clear, normal. To push it beyond those points, that's not like me, to be honest I don't think it was just the tooth, but it certainly didn't help.

Normally ride with a margin for error, but rarely needed it, when I have, glad it was there.

Update Reply
Newkid @ 06/05/2009 23:46  

Toothache sucks, you have my sympathies. I've just had weeks of hellish pain following a year of on and off niggles. Finally had it pulled last week and instant relief! Be safe Stu and I hope that nice woman comes along soon to soothe your aggression.

Update Reply
Roachy @ 07/05/2009 08:27  

TY Roachy, had my first tooth pulled last yr, so sad, its the first part of me I've lost other than getting hair and nails cut, , hope its not a slippery slope. Said they can fix this one , but that's next week, for now its constantly aching and bikes still in garage.

Update Reply
Newkid @ 07/05/2009 08:48  

got to admit i am guilty if riding in a bad mood, does not happen often but sometimes you (I) need to let off steam, this is normally done on roads where there is just me and i do push my riding and bike to the limit, been very lucky(not skillfull) up to now, but i will say it makes me feel great after, would not recommend to anyone tho.....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/05/2009 11:04  

youre right roachy a good pull usually brings relief!! [howcome xk didnt get there first!he's slippin!]

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 07/05/2009 14:43  

There's always someone to lower the tone,it's NORMALLY you TM (unless XK gets in there first )

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/05/2009 15:31  

But XK has no chance at the min .. it has been said that he hath gained employment Soooo TM.. the lowering of tone is all yours, well during the daytime i should imagine...

Update Reply
Karey @ 07/05/2009 15:36  

I think they compete for the honour

Update Reply
Emzed @ 07/05/2009 15:37  

hey c'mon, theres a coupla ladies who can lower the tone for Britain on here!!

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 07/05/2009 16:47  

Ladies..............lowering the tone?...............Nah surely not! Seems to me it's usually you two!

Update Reply
Dragon13 @ 07/05/2009 17:37  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email